Chiang Mai Police Arrest Madam Who Supplied Teen Girls To Govt Workers

webfact

Chiang Mai Madam Supplied Teen Girls To Thais

234.jpeg

Chiang Mai police arrested a madam who admitted selling teenagers as prostitutes to satisfy the “libido” of local merchants and government workers. She admitted to having more than 10 girls, some under 18.

CHIANG MAI – November 19, 2012 [PDN]; at 5:30 p.m., the arrest of a madam for prostitution charges was announced by Pol. Maj. Gen. Damrongsak Kittiprapas, vice commissioner of police 5; Pol. Col. Chinnawit Wichaithanapat, vice director of detective division provincial police 5; and Pol. Col. Weerachon Boontawee, director of detective division 3, detective squad, provincial police 5.

The suspect was indentified as Mrs. Patcharin Prompichitmarn, age 41, from Lampoon. She is a motel staff member in Sanpatong, Chiang Mai. Mrs. Patcharin is charged with allegations of finding, deceiving, or convincing, minor females over age15 but under 18 years old, for the purposes of adultery.

She is also charged with abducting the underage females with their consent from parental supervision, for the purpose of gaining benefits from adultery and human trafficking. The police sent her to the detective team of Sanpatong police station to prosecute.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...-girls-to-thais

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-11-20

footer_n.gif

The girls admitted having sex for money for several months. The madam confessed that she had a stable of more than 10 prostitutes, including some under 18. She said nearly all of her customers were police officers, government officers, soldiers or merchants

Well there's a surprise! I wonder what the outcome will be?

If Thailand were serious about stopping these activities they should trace the customers and name and shame them, but we all know this will never happen!

• Like 1

The 'customers' should all be charged for carnal knowledge with a minor, statutory rape, soliciting, human trafficking, and much more. However, you can bet her knowledge of officials will have two outcomes. 1. She will disappear or have an accident or be quickly in jail never to be heard of again or 2. The story will disappear into the folds of interesting reading on TV and she will be freed to hide in fear of her life.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure I'll be the odd man out here, but I have trouble getting all worked up about this. In my state in the US, the age of consent is 16. It is the same in Canada.

I wouldn't be with a girl that young myself, but it is legal. At that age, the girls know what they are doing. My idea of wrongdoing is with a child but I don't know the arbitrary "right" age. I think it's 13 in Japan. It's just a "feeling" I have. 13 "feels" too young to me.

Providing girls "under 18" just doesn't seem that earth shattering to me. I know it's illegal and I'd never do it for the sake of not wanting prison, but I'm just not all shook up about the actual age.

Oh well...

• Like 2

at one time that was the general age of marriage, 14,15, 16. Longer life has changed many things

In the British Navy in Napoleonic times you could be in charge of a King's ship, well a launch full of very butch sailors, going into deadly battle at the age of 14.

When they catch suspected western Pheodophiles they make a bike deal of if it, lets see what happen when these bunch of Pheodphiles who had a thing for underage girls are arrested, if it ever gets to that.

You may want to look up the word paedophile. Being attracted to a 17 year old isn't it. (And besides, there are 17 (and 16) year olds all over the Farang bars as well, without much issue. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

at one time that was the general age of marriage, 14,15, 16. Longer life has changed many things

In the British Navy in Napoleonic times you could be in charge of a King's ship, well a launch full of very butch sailors, going into deadly battle at the age of 14.

During the Great Depression, in about 1931, my dad lied about his age at 14 and joined the US Army just so he could get enough to eat. He go food, shelter, clothes, medical... He thought it was a great deal.

Well I am not saying good or bad about this as 16 is not that young and it is almost an accepted practice here in Thailand.

How ever I always wonder what these people are supposed to do for money.

Lot's of people to condemn the act.

But none to help the people who would starve with out it.

Just popped into my head......do we know how old Mary, mother of Jesus was?

9 or so when betrothed, and 13/14 at pregnancy/birth

A few years older that the first wife of the Prophet (PBUH) when his marriage to Aisha was consumated

Age consistent with Talmud law as well.

But that was 2000 plus years ago, life expectancy was a lot lot shorter. Mind you some did well, Joseph (his marriage to Mary being his second) was previously married for 49 years with six kids.....

Pretty sure none of the above lived in CM or lived off, or profited from, the earnings of prostitutes though.

Edited by mamborobert

Joseph (his marriage to Mary being his second) was previously married for 49 years with six kids.....

Pretty sure none of the above lived in CM....

I sure as hell see a load of wannabe Josephs here though, can barely walk, wife too young for them, pushing a buggy with someone else's baby in it....

Edited by naboo