Money And Borrowing

drdredd2012

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to go down this road..

Oh, but he wants. From another topic;

I am in a bit of a sticky situation. I earn a decent teachers salary but my demanding thai gf wants the dowery two months before the wedding. I arranged myfinances to pay for the wedding in january.any advice or where to turn for some quick cash

sad.png

You don't want to go down this road..

Oh, but he wants. From another topic;

I am in a bit of a sticky situation. I earn a decent teachers salary but my demanding thai gf wants the dowery two months before the wedding. I arranged myfinances to pay for the wedding in january.any advice or where to turn for some quick cash

sad.png

Well spotted Semper, ditch the bitch.

Turn to the potential MIL no doubt she can arrange generous terms, what a mug.

Well done Semp. And yes, ditto. thumbsup.gif

I am in a bit of a sticky situation. I earn a decent teachers salary but my demanding thai gf wants the dowery two months before the wedding.

You're in as sticky a situation as you wish to immerse yourself.

Hope you realise the limerance disappears after three months.

Save yourself the waste of those months.

ps: guess you're not an English teacher......

Just get the hell out of Dodge City, you poor man, your world looks like it's about to implode!

Some good replies here, she does not need 250K to have a baby.

Go and have a chat with her parents, if they need the dosh to show face, tell them you will pay the loan interest for that day and then they can return the money within 24 hours.

Edited by justcruisin
  • Like 2

Bear in mind that Thais will often make outrageous demands.

You simply say NO and you'll get a lousy face for a day then things will be back to normal, and they'll be slightly less conditioned into believing you're a mug.

BTW don't get into a discussion when you say no, you may state a reason briefly but don't ask for their opinion and be short and very clear.

I would say walk away, but her being pregnant adds another dimension.

Did they somehow get the impression that you are rich and this is a reasonable amount for you? If so, can you clarify that this amount would ruin you and would therefore be no good for their daughter and their grandchild?

I am surprised that parents-in-law to-be would make demands beyond the bridegroom‘s means.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

I am trying to do the right thing but it seems too rough ahead with her and her family. Considering jumping ship anything I should worry about

Yes, there is something you need to worry about.

Your unborn child.

You need to decide if you are going to be a father to the child, or are you going to walk away.