Money And Borrowing

drdredd2012

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to go down this road..

Oh, but he wants. From another topic;

I am in a bit of a sticky situation. I earn a decent teachers salary but my demanding thai gf wants the dowery two months before the wedding. I arranged myfinances to pay for the wedding in january.any advice or where to turn for some quick cash

sad.png

Well done Eagle Eye Semper....He wants to borrow money to pass through his hands (for a day Maybe),,, straight to that place all Farlang cash eventually goes. He will never see the money again or benefit from it, but will owe a loan shark heaps in interest... Bloody crasy!!!!!!!

You don't want to go down this road..

Oh, but he wants. From another topic;

I am in a bit of a sticky situation. I earn a decent teachers salary but my demanding thai gf wants the dowery two months before the wedding. I arranged myfinances to pay for the wedding in january.any advice or where to turn for some quick cash

sad.png

Well done Eagle Eye Semper....He wants to borrow money to pass through his hands (for a day Maybe),,, straight to that place all Farlang cash eventually goes. He will never see the money again or benefit from it, but will owe a loan shark heaps in interest... Bloody crasy!!!!!!!

Put her back working where you probably found her, that way she can earn her own Sin Sot!!

The problem of the OP is not the Sin Sot, it's that he got the girl pregnant and that he has to assume his responsibility.

Well, I assume she wasn't raped, so she should take responsibility for her own "actions". Why is it always the man, that have to take the responsibility, what happened to the gender equality?

Eh, you are in thailand. Since when men are responsible for making a girl pregnant? The sex drive is responsible, but not to control, anyway. Next Lady, please!

I want make sure you know the truth about thai culture sin sod, if your girlfriend has been married before and divorced, or had a child before, or bar girl then you DO NOT need to pay ANY dowry (sinsod) but if she normal lady but little or no education you have to pay about 50,000- 100,000 baht, or if she normal lady with education university and possable land in the family then you will have to pay sinsod 100,000- 300,000 baht. but if the family is very highly educated and high satus in there village or city then the sin sod can go to quite a high amount,,,

The correct way is that the money for sinsod is you have to bring for her parent/parants on the wedding day for show, but what i don't understand is why she is asking you pay before the married day? you should ask her the question and she should be able to give you an answer, BUT BE SURE SIN SOD IS ONLY PAYED ON THE WEDDING DAY OR AFTER IF AGREEMENTS ARE MADE, NEVER BEFORE!!!

I am a thai lady and this is my culture so yes I know what I'm talking about.

I wish you good luck

Why would a Thai lady who is a bar girl be excluded from Sin Sot if she hasnt been married before or by the same token having a child out of wedlock...being married before makes perfect sense but the other 2 dont ?

THE KEY WORDS ARE THAI CULTURE!!! Sin sod is paying for to marry a good woman and join with thier family, the idear behind it is a man works hard for many years to save enough money to pay sin sod for a "good woman" that you can be proud of and she will have you chilren and you name and your houner, but if you are ok with haveing a prostitute for your wife, mother to your children, have your name, then ok go ahead pay for her but that is not thai culture.

Thai's have a saying, If you want to know if the lady you want to marry is good then look at her mother, but if you want to be sure then look at her grandmother,

• Like 2

Thai's have a saying, If you want to know if the lady you want to marry is good then look at her mother, but if you want to be sure then look at her grandmother,

Christ Almighty I'm in trouble now!

U mean U haven't done these preliminaries ? I actually went to the cemetery ..did not dig up the grave though.

Christ Almighty I'm in trouble now!

I would say, besides the 'look in to the future' of her appearance, it will tell you a lot, in case you can spot some tattoos! ;-)

Edited by noob7

I want make sure you know the truth about thai culture sin sod, if your girlfriend has been married before and divorced, or had a child before, or bar girl then you DO NOT need to pay ANY dowry (sinsod) but if she normal lady but little or no education you have to pay about 50,000- 100,000 baht, or if she normal lady with education university and possable land in the family then you will have to pay sinsod 100,000- 300,000 baht. but if the family is very highly educated and high satus in there village or city then the sin sod can go to quite a high amount,,,

The correct way is that the money for sinsod is you have to bring for her parent/parants on the wedding day for show, but what i don't understand is why she is asking you pay before the married day? you should ask her the question and she should be able to give you an answer, BUT BE SURE SIN SOD IS ONLY PAYED ON THE WEDDING DAY OR AFTER IF AGREEMENTS ARE MADE, NEVER BEFORE!!!

I wish you good luck

Is this also big city girls from Bangkok,or just Isaan and country girls?

I wish you good luck

I have experienced the same myself.My ex-wife comes from a middle-class family,but had "gone bad" in a period before I met her.When we married I wasnt asked for a sin-sod at all,but when her "good" sister got married 2 years later the damily received a substancial sum.

• Like 1

This is really too personal to get involved with, but sounds like you need advice.

So without knowing your situation, and only because there is a baby involved:

A: Never borrow money from a loanshark, you never know where this will end.

B: Dont pay them 250.000, they dont need as much, not even as loan, because you will not get it back.

C: To bee fair promise them a reasonable amount that you can afford.

D: But only if shee agrees to a DNA test. Half the money before the test and half the money after birth.

D: Im sorry to say that if she forces you to pay 250.000 and 2 months in advance then she doesnt love you.

This is really too personal to get involved with, but sounds like you need advice.

B: Dont pay them 250.000, they dont need as much, not even as loan, because you will not get it back.

D: But only if shee agrees to a DNA test. Half the money before the test and half the money after birth.

D: Im sorry to say that if she forces you to pay 250.000 and 2 months in advance then she doesnt love you.

a agree. b agree c disagree promise them nothing[he cant afford it] d.definately dont agree[he hasnt got half] and he might be throwing it away if its not his.

More sinsod exclusion clauses:

1. Tattoos

2. Piercings

3. Speaks English "too" well

4. Smokes

5. Plays pool "too" well

Not white enough (but then again suppose this would make the average farang getting married here very happy..rolleyes.gif )

Not enough Chinese in the DNA

Sorry to say, but it doesn't seem love is involved here. Sadly, the future wife can't even present a viable transaction based relationship.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

What's sad is when you see a guy in this type of situation... who then loses his shirt, home, car, etc.... cuts ties with said woman.... and the proceeds to get the exact same type of woman to start all over again. (although given, usually a little younger and fitter model)

:-)

Edited by Heng

I want to thank all of you for your advice. Last night I spoke with her and she informed me that she needed the money to plan the wedding. I told hee I would like to speak with her parents and brother in law who spoke fairly good english she turn looked at me and said he has a business and no time to talk to me. I have few regrets in life but this is gonna hurt a little. I gotta run baby run. Sorry to the baby. Thanks again

I want to thank all of you for your advice. Last night I spoke with her and she informed me that she needed the money to plan the wedding. I told hee I would like to speak with her parents and brother in law who spoke fairly good english she turn looked at me and said he has a business and no time to talk to me. I have few regrets in life but this is gonna hurt a little. I gotta run baby run. Sorry to the baby. Thanks again

I can say as a father that you are making the biggest mistake of your life if you are planning to abandon your child. Be a man. Stand up to your wife. Talk to her parents. Demand respect from her and them. If she wants to continue living her life separate from you, then allow her to do so. This does not mean that you cannot play a role in the child's life.

Edited by farang000999

I can say as a father that you are making the biggest mistake of your life if you are planning to abandon your child. Be a man. Stand up to your wife. Talk to her parents. Demand respect from her and them. If she wants to continue living her life separate from you, then allow her to do so. This does not mean that you cannot play a role in the child's life.

It's a no win situation. One can see guys in this situation all over the place. You stay, you're a slave to the desert... and no amount of water (unless you're Orange County or an Emir) will do anything to change its nature. You run, you're a coward (and likely giving your child the closest thing to a death sentence there is). I'm glad I chose beachfront.

smile.png

Edited by Heng

...she turn looked at me and said he has a business and no time to talk to me = Shut up and pass me my money.