Things To Consider Before Taking Your Thai Girl Back Home....

krisb

I have had a hard time in the last few days,

My wifes here, and heavily pregnant along with all the emotions that go with it.

Yes I know girls get very emotional when pregnant....thats expected.

It wasnt until this point in time I realized that there is much more to leaving your home country for extended amounts of time, all your family that are there for support when its needed, not to mention your friends that are close, your surroundings that are most comforting and the list goes on and on and its not a joke.

So when your considering how your heart feels about the lovely lady you would like to take to your country, there is so much more to consider than that moment in time when you say to yourself 'Id really love her to live with me'......its much bigger, and its not that easy to see at the time.

Hinds sight is 20 20 vision.

Tell us about what you realize now that you didnt realize before she left Thailand to live with you?

What would have helped?, made it easier?,

etc etc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't care what Anybody says here, but Thai ladies do not like farang land.. They are there to not worry about financial stuff. They don't like the weather, the early darkness or the food. When the honey moon period is over then sad.png . You may be lucky but l know a few farang that are paying a price.

• Like 1

Don't care what Anybody says here, but Thai ladies do not like farang land.. They are there to not worry about financial stuff. They don't like the weather, the early darkness or the food. When the honey moon period is over then sad.png . You may be lucky but l know a few farang that are paying a price.

Id have to agree some what. Here in Australia she has the weather and as much Asian food as she wants.

Honey moon is long over.

Ive learned theres so much more that pops up that I would have never considered before hand.

She finds here in Aus, its boring...then so do I.

I have more fun in her village than I do in around a whole city in Aus...so much food for thought Transam.

Yes of all the Thai girls that I know living here, they would rather live back in Thailand.

This then raises the question...would I move?....hmmm

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

From what I've seen the happier women are the ones who have a Thai community to be part of. So consider the amount of other Thais that she can meet and socialize with.

They definately need that.

As much as they perhaps dont think they do, they do.

At the same time its not like they are all over the place here but she does know a couple of em

Sorry guys, but I think I may be the odd one out here. My wife has loved Australia since the first minute we arrived back here almost twenty years ago. She has made many, many long-term friends and acquaintances, has loved the jobs she's had and thoroughly enjoyed her life here. Although the area we live in has quite a sizeable Thai community, she's never really been into all that and would only call a couple of them anything even resembling a friend.

I remember once a few years back when I asked her whether she felt out of place serving hotdogs at the canteen at our son's Saturday morning rugby league games - and she said 'I 'I'm an Australian, I didn't come here to sit around gossiping with Thais'

It's taken five years or so for me to convince her about retiring in Thailand. She says she'll find it strange and difficult to adapt to. But will I?

I hear ya there.

Its kinda my point when you mention if you can adapt if you retire in Thailand. Its never just that easy a life changing event.

Yes you are correct in many ways, but strangely the vast majority stay in the UK and have no desire or plans to return to Thailand.that's why the UK has a permanent resident Thai Population of 30,000.

After the first couple of years they adjust to the different culture,find out where they can get any Thai food they want,and realise Summers don't last the whole year.Thai friends are plentiful,and easy to find (in fact too many, but that's another story)

Having said the above,bringing your Wife or GF back to the UK should be very carefully considered,before jumping in headfirst. Like you, I also know of plenty of Horror stories,and I would recommend a six month type visa,to see how it goes,before making a full commitment,that could see you losing everything,including your UK house,if it comes to a Divorce,its a 50/50 split in the UK,but legally biased towards the female,and you might end up paying her maintenance,on top.

So for those that have any doubts about how its going to work out, then don't take her home,stay in Thailand with her,where you have more control over the relationship.

• Like 2

I met one girl who had never been to London for a look around and she'd been here 3 years and lives in the Essex area....she'd never gone to the shops on her own....basically you put a leash on them and it's not gonna work!

Just my opinion

Not uncommon. These usually end up going bad once the girl gets some language skills, friends, and confidence. Her husband then blames it on her.

From what I've seen the happier women are the ones who have a Thai community to be part of. So consider the amount of other Thais that she can meet and socialize with.

My wife and i are in Belgium and she has met a few Thai girls to call friends. I finish working here next year and we are returning to the UK. All i am going to say is, we are only going to be friends with family and no outsiders in the uk. We have had nothing but trouble. The only good thing is, i'm only here for two and a half years and we can learn and move on. My eyes are wide open to the way Thai women can become in Falangland. Don't get me wrong, they may not all be the same. Me and the wife are not risking it. Once bitten, twice as shy. As they say.

There is more to this story but it's a thread about taking partners back. Not, what to watch out for when there here.

Good luck to anyone who takes their's home. thumbsup.gif

Forgot to add. This is not just my thoughts. My wife 100% agrees with me. I also ment to say, I ment Thai family in the UK.

Edited by dean999

Id have to agree some what. Here in Australia she has the weather and as much Asian food as she wants.

Honey moon is long over.

Ive learned theres so much more that pops up that I would have never considered before hand.

She finds here in Aus, its boring...then so do I.

I have more fun in her village than I do in around a whole city in Aus...so much food for thought Transam.

Yes of all the Thai girls that I know living here, they would rather live back in Thailand.

ok you must live in perth i do boooooring.:)

the wife's attachment to her family was very strong,she never had left them before,a very caring family with few problems,no money concerns or dramas.

she lived a sheltered life,under a strong father and mother.

isolation for her was the biggest problem,i worked heaps and she became quite down.

she went to technical college and did her language classes,she met people from all over the world and started to gain confidence,she met some thais,mix of students and ex-whores and some older ladies who had been hooked up by family already here.

none seemed to be of similar age or background to her.

she far enjoyed the company of people from other countries,the technical college whilst wanting her to do her local accounting certificates,also gave her a chance to do work experience,she proved herself at this work placement and was taken on at the end of that period.

her self esteem was higher after she gained her job on her merits,she works with australians,chinese and a japanese, these are the people she socializes with,she rarely goes to thai events,she does not fit in with them.

i knew she would feel isolated and would miss her family very much, but as her condfidence grew the more she could control this, we make regular trips home and she is happy with it.

but, she is only counting the time till i retire,and thailand is the place she is happiest,overseas is only a stop on her path back home.

• Like 1

Interaction and friendships with other farang women is a must, keep away from the ex bg types with mouths like sewers!

Work, family and a caring relationship is the key along with time to adjust.

Some good positive posts above.

This thread will pale into insignificance when the baby comes along, so pander to her every need, bring her a bag of chillis and some fish sauce with a great big sea bass, cook it for her and everything will be fine.

All the best

Edited by Chittychangchang

Uhmm my neighbour in Switz is married to a Thai lady and they live here. He wants to visit Thailand for a holiday but she would rather visit elsewhere in EU or the US.

Everyone is different.

Uhmm my neighbour in Switz is married to a Thai lady and they live here. He wants to visit Thailand for a holiday but she would rather visit elsewhere in EU or the US.

Everyone is different.

I think your last statement is right on. Everybody's different. My wife LOVED living in the US and didn't really want to move back here. We live here now, but she'd move back in a heartbeat. She even loved the snow! I hated it.

She didn't socialize much with Thais while in the US...not really sure why. She had a variety of friends. Quite a few Japanese. She didn't want to eat at Thai restaurants (she cooks better), didn't want to watch Thai TV (she learned English watching TV), etc.

My friend's wife was exactly the opposite. Hated farang food (only ate Thai food), hated the weather in NYC, and only socialized with other Thais. She lasted a bit over a year. Left him and came back to Thailand.

Everyone is different.

One thing that helped a bunch was getting my wife introduced to the local Asian grocery stores. For us, Chinatown was the best. She could get her noodles, etc, there.

I think many folks, especially the couples just getting married do not realize

how potentially hard a mixed culture/countries marriage can be.

Many are lucky myself included but as you say ...would you move?

At first for many it sounds great in both directions.

Meaning for the girl she will go & see things her friends can only dream of.

Maybe get a much higher paying job etc.

But there is no guarantee she will adapt, like it, or not wither from missing her

close knit family back in Thailand.

Then as you said would you move? It seems many foreigners do in fact do better

with relocation. Maybe family structure is more independent for foreigners?

So they adapt a little better. But many also grow tired of living without some things they

want in their life that is not available in Thailand. Maybe as simple as certain rights afforded them in their home country.

So, yes my point is I do not think most folks see the possible sacrifices

involved in a marriage of mixed countries/cultures initially.

Lucky are those that survive it. We have lived happily in both places.

For now we are here in Thailand but in 5-10 years who knows.

We may move back we never know 100% what the future brings

in both feelings & economic realities.

• Like 2

Seems like the successful post are from gents with partners who did not sit around all day watching television or playing on the internet. If your girl has no interest in doing something like studying, working, starting a business or getting out of the house then it looks like trouble will happen very, very soon.

• Like 2

I have had a hard time in the last few days,

My wifes here, and heavily pregnant along with all the emotions that go with it.

Yes I know girls get very emotional when pregnant....thats expected.

It wasnt until this point in time I realized that there is much more to leaving your home country for extended amounts of time, all your family that are there for support when its needed, not to mention your friends that are close, your surroundings that are most comforting and the list goes on and on and its not a joke.

So when your considering how your heart feels about the lovely lady you would like to take to your country, there is so much more to consider than that moment in time when you say to yourself 'Id really love her to live with me'......its much bigger, and its not that easy to see at the time.

Hinds sight is 20 20 vision.

Tell us about what you realize now that you didnt realize before she left Thailand to live with you?

What would have helped?, made it easier?,

etc etc.

1. Leave her in Thailand. Thais love Thailand. No question about it.

2. What a draining project it would be.

3. Nothing would help.

4. Just visit her in TL on holidays.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

We have a Thai lady friend who lives in Sweden, she says how wonderful it is w00t.gif .

I just cannot imagine a Thai lady not seeing day light for six months of the year, up to their neck in snow and freezing cold. It must be like a prison sentence. sad.png