Tuk Com Escalators Are Gone!

beachroadlover2

IT City on the top floor must be hurting the most.

Mind you, it will certainly cut down the traffic on punters returning their UPS for replacement batteries...

Maybe they can rig up a rope lift on the outside like the ones window cleaners use.....

Probably replacing them - they were very old and temperamental and often didn't work.
say what? The mall is just 6 or 7 years old. But it is probably the fastest run down mall ever.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Not really, the place is probably over 20 years old. Used to be a shopping mall in the same style as Mike's, but it has been closed and shuttered up for many years, until it got resurected as TukCom...

Bloody hell not the end of the world you know still have stairs and lift as for me i always use the stairs keep fit ...

...the gyms will lose some customers Im sure.

Maybe transfer all the disgruntled membership from Ca Wow to Tuk Com. :rolleyes:

I think we need to recognise the managment of Tuk Com in efforts to reduce the number of fat lazy arsed farangs using their premises by making them walk up the stairs...well done Tuk com

Being fit and thin may not help the condition of your knees, as those who have reached sixty may be finding out. Walking up stairs is something that I avoid these days, though I'll happily walk down 20 floors in my building.

Way over 20 years old. I regularly used to eat in the Day/Night food court 30 years ago (it was Day/Night before it closed and was subsequently resurrected as TukCom), and I'm sure the elevators are authentic originals.

No, in the old day-night the elevator (there was only one) was on the north wall, outside. One day it failed and killed someone which was why it closed as Day-Night shopping center. It only reopened as Tukcom after a couple of years had passed and most had forgot about the incident (and associated ghosts).

Way over 20 years old. I regularly used to eat in the Day/Night food court 30 years ago (it was Day/Night before it closed and was subsequently resurrected as TukCom), and I'm sure the elevators are authentic originals.

No, in the old day-night the elevator (there was only one) was on the north wall, outside. One day it failed and killed someone which was why it closed as Day-Night shopping center. It only reopened as Tukcom after a couple of years had passed and most had forgot about the incident (and associated ghosts).

Yeah, i remember seeing the new elevators laying on the floor all wrapped in plastic while the Tuk com construction works was going on..... and thinking to myself......that cant be right, all that sh*ite falling on to them every day!!bah.gif

I meant to write "escalator" but by the time I realised that I had written "elevator" the edit button was gone. What I was trying to say is that I'm sure that the escalators are original and date back to Day/Night days. You are right about the external elevator.

• 3 weeks later...