Longan Soi Dao Chantaburi

stefanchoker

Hi, its probably best in this area to sell to one of the many companies that have depots on all the main roads and many of the side roads. If they know about you they will offer a contract months in advance and they will mostly give you a deposit and arrange all the picking themselves. They offer a higher price for size 1-3 or jumbo fruit and a very low price for "look hin" or same size as a small stone.

If you dont mind me saying 10 tonnes would probably require 100 people or more to harvest in a day. This is because it is packed and graded on site and they dont just pull clumps of it off and throw it in a truck, they pull off all the undeveloped fruits or dead ones so it is quite time consuming. It sounds like you must have had some help or expertise to get it this far so why dont you continue that help for this aspect. But in short as you may yet have not committed to a price you will get whatever the spot price is. Likely to be based on each particular buyers needs at the time but maybe between 25-40 baht. Most growers around here for contracted lamyai are getting 30-36baht at the moment. The small fruit you will get between 3-7 baht. Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts but it sounds like the crop has worked out for you anyway. Are you between the highway and Saton? I am further out. There is another farang here who is a real lamyai expert but he is not on this forum. I'm in the middle of my apprenticeship.

• Like 1

Hello again.

First of all, thank you so much for your help already!

The crop has work out faster than we expected, so hope it will continue that way!

The Rais we have is close to Saton, we are staying in Denmark and have my wife family working for us.

But sometimes it can be a little difficult to understand their explanations, so farrang help is really appreciated.

I

f your hear about anybody who wanna sell Rais (with Chanod/paper) close to Saton let me know.

We will be there next time in February and see if everything still doing okay :)

Most deals I have heard of lately seem to involve renting and the prices are scary. But your 360 trees producing 10 ton for the first time sounds about right. I have one plot of about 60 trees producing for the first time and it will be about 1.5 ton. Succeeding years your yields should go up but also your fertiliser and other costs.

Its hard to judge whether these prices will last, there seems to be a lot of lamyai being planted. But selling mainly to China is probably a good sign.

• 10 months later...

Hi, its probably best in this area to sell to one of the many companies that have depots on all the main roads and many of the side roads. If they know about you they will offer a contract months in advance and they will mostly give you a deposit and arrange all the picking themselves. They offer a higher price for size 1-3 or jumbo fruit and a very low price for "look hin" or same size as a small stone.

If you dont mind me saying 10 tonnes would probably require 100 people or more to harvest in a day. This is because it is packed and graded on site and they dont just pull clumps of it off and throw it in a truck, they pull off all the undeveloped fruits or dead ones so it is quite time consuming. It sounds like you must have had some help or expertise to get it this far so why dont you continue that help for this aspect. But in short as you may yet have not committed to a price you will get whatever the spot price is. Likely to be based on each particular buyers needs at the time but maybe between 25-40 baht. Most growers around here for contracted lamyai are getting 30-36baht at the moment. The small fruit you will get between 3-7 baht. Sorry I didn't see your earlier posts but it sounds like the crop has worked out for you anyway. Are you between the highway and Saton? I am further out. There is another farang here who is a real lamyai expert but he is not on this forum. I'm in the middle of my apprenticeship.

Hello,

im German and I'm in soi dao we have around 5000 longan trees in third year ! if someone is interested, like to meet and exchange of experiences !

Right now im talking only with Thais, but i have so feeling "some of them " they don't know what they doing.

So like to meet foreigner have a experiences about Longan !

thanks

I see you have another thread running, I am probably not too far from you. Wow 5000 trees that is a lot. At 3 years, so no fruit yet right?

Often as all the discussion takes place in Thai it feels like there could be something wrong. For that size of an orchard you are potentially looking at a lot of money, but also a lot of running costs, how have you been going so far with that?

There was a thread about a Thai publication for sale in most book shops like a lamyai how to book. I am not an expert, but there are some German guys who meet and converse in Soi Dao every market day (Wednesday) at a little coffee stall near the soi entrance to the market, just past the 7/11. Usually there about 9. One or more of them may have some lamyai as I do, I would be happy to talk to you also.

cheers

• 1 year later...

I see you have another thread running, I am probably not too far from you. Wow 5000 trees that is a lot. At 3 years, so no fruit yet right?

Often as all the discussion takes place in Thai it feels like there could be something wrong. For that size of an orchard you are potentially looking at a lot of money, but also a lot of running costs, how have you been going so far with that?

There was a thread about a Thai publication for sale in most book shops like a lamyai how to book. I am not an expert, but there are some German guys who meet and converse in Soi Dao every market day (Wednesday) at a little coffee stall near the soi entrance to the market, just past the 7/11. Usually there about 9. One or more of them may have some lamyai as I do, I would be happy to talk to you also.

cheers

HI Blutongue,

if you want to see my farm, let me know , happy to meet you and other longan grower !

thanks

andser