Caught With Weed

grizley

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the connection to Skitsophrena it's important to note the connection is found when CHILDREN have smoked it , the relationship between causation falls off at adulthood however people who already have it that smoke a lot can develop the debilitating symptoms from it during adulthood.

I would say it's not perfectly clear as to weather kids who fall into the statistical catagory were self medicating or using it to relieve problems in their life already assiciated with illness just undiagnosed or not ...... some say yes some say no , but I think if you look at the kids on a personal level that we all have known that started to young and smoked to much most of them had a lot of other problems as well in the areas related to mental illness like getting along with authority , stealing , doing poorly in school , icolation ect. So I am not convienced the canabis was the main source of the problems that existed prior to smoking it , it just made them more obvious at a faster rate in my opinion , the smoking of the canabis is more of a symptom of the problems rather than the cause in the same way that drunks had problems before thay became drunks.

Having said all that their is certianlly a corelation between Skitophrena and children who smoked canabis and a corelation between skitophrenic outbreaks or symptoms returning after some period of time smoking it as an adult. However their is no emperical evedence or concrete provable way that this happens , they assume their is but don't know how as of yet , or at least their is not anything close to universal agreement on the matter.

After 11 pages, we still don't know how OP's friend got caught...

What's the topic?

The topic is titled, I believe, "Caught With Weed".

Therefore, it is not entirely off topic to wonder how did he got caught. Was he ratted out by the drug dealer? Did he fail a piss test? Was he carrying the weed when checked by a random police stop?

Having known people that used weed a lot back in the 1980s I'd rather weed was legal than alcohol. Weed makes people docile and usually happy, while alcohol makes people mad, bad and dangerous.

Another thing I've noticed which may display the nature and danger of the drug.......

People in my experience tend to smoke less and less weed as they get older, oftentimes to the point of quitting or virtually quitting. I believe it is ubiquitous. It seems to come kind of naturally, and I'm talking about previously heavy users. I also see people tending to take the tobacco out of the equation as they worry about the health concerns.

Personally after long years of multiple extreme abuse I eventually gave up everything, and enjoy it.

I'm talking such bad alcohol withdrawals I've been hospitalised twice and clinicized several times for DT withdrawal I can tell you it is by far the worst. I had a friend was given a liver transplant and started drinking again.....to his death.

Imagine that.

Edited by cheeryble