grizley

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the saying?

Don't want to do the time, then don't do the crime.

I think it will be jail followed by deportation and will never be allowed back in LOS.

No sympathy for your friend. Anyone caught with or use drugs are stupid.

Great post. Even in England, the police plant it on the accused, or 2 gm becomes 200 gm (whoops) as in a recent case here in Thailand. Glad to see that you are not stupid, nor ever have been. I am, sometimes, have been and will be.

By the way, Bangkok? ฿50 000 by now and rising by the minute.

Edited by cooked
  • Like 1

Your friend got caught with drugs which are illegal in Thailand and as a business man would have known this. On the other hand not a very smart business man getting caught, so he will now have to do the time and possibly be deported after that. What a dumb s**t. No sympathy here.

• Like 1

What's the saying?

Don't want to do the time, then don't do the crime.

I think it will be jail followed by deportation and will never be allowed back in LOS.

No sympathy for your friend. Anyone caught with or use drugs are stupid.

When we need a sermon we can go to church....

Here in the land of smiles, Temple.

Indeed it becomes much more expensive once it's in the books (and senior folks get involved); however sometimes "bail" is granted (and even charges revised to a lesser offense) with the unwritten understanding that the alleged perpetrator will leave the country (sometimes with his mysteriously returned passport or a new one)and never return (and a blacklisting in an attempt to ensure the latter).

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Very quiet??? Which police station is he in? Somebody with connections may be able to help

lol. "Somebody with connections". That would mean half of the members (or their wifes) here. biggrin.png

In fact there are people who have proven connections eg. the case of a <Snip!> that ran over a policeman once

Edited by metisdead

For all reading in a similar situation (i bet there few lurkers checking this topic out), please be careful when dealing with 'illegal' substances and other plants while in this country.

OP, I am sorry about your friend and hope that things work out for the better with him. I also hope that this serves as a wake-up call for him. it is probably risky enough in his home country, less than some country in SE asia.

• Like 1

Very quiet??? Which police station is he in? Somebody with connections may be able to help

lol. "Somebody with connections". That would mean half of the members (or their wifes) here. biggrin.png

In fact there are people who have proven connections eg. the case of a <Snip!> that ran over a policeman once

Don't think he would use his influence to help the op's friend though.

Indeed it becomes much more expensive once it's in the books (and senior folks get involved)

Spot on I would say. Fella I mentioned earlier said that 30k could get it sorted within 30 minutes in most cases. Once it got to an hour the cost would most likely be 300k. Maybe he didn't have the 300k?

• Like 1

Don't think he would use his influence to help the op's friend though.

Anybody can be bought

Not much weed really a bit over an ounce. Silly getting caught thou. I doubt whether he will do any jail time. Cops dont really care that much about weed.

If the paperwork is done like others have said it will cost more for the whole thing to go away.