Changing The Way The Internet Sees My Computer

David48

Changing the way the internet sees my computer

I'm currently in Thailand and wish to view some programs from my home country (Australia) ... but I get locked out.

Even the simple stuff like listening to the Cricket on the Radio (through the internet).

I know that it's possible to change the computer settings etc, but have no idea how to.

If it can be done simply ... great ... can you tell me how to change them, then change them back to the default Thai (it's a borrowed computer, and I don't wish to upset the gf ... whistling.gif )

Thanks in advance ...

David, my understanding is that you will need a virtual private network (VPN) provider which is based in Australia. You log in through this and your computer will appear to be located in Australia. Unfortunately that's the extent of my knowledge on this.

I am sure someone with more extensive knowledge will be along soon.

Looking to while away a few hours on the farm listening to the cricket??

• Like 1

Use an anonymous proxy server located in AU. There are lots of free ones. Right now I'm in the US, looking like AU.

IP-1.jpg

I'm using 203.161.67.251 on port 8080 which is a server in Perth.

Use those two numbers. Just don't forget to go back in a disable proxy because it is REALLY slowing me down. It shouldn't be so bad from LOS. You can uncheck it without losing the settings - it will just gray out. Next time you want it, just hit the radio button to enable it again.

I forgot to mention a couple of things. This is a fast way, without going to a cmd prompt, to see the IP you're showing on the web.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

And this is where I got the list of proxies. Scroll down. Note that they are listed as "open" proxies meaning they are for public use.

http://www.proxynova...ist/country-au/

Transparent means it will show your real IP. Anonymous means you'll look like AU.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

Hi,

thanks for the tip. I watch the cricket through crictime.com,

but miss the ABC commentary.

Can also watch various ABC shows a few hours after they are broadcast,

eg Insiders (google Insiders - ABC). AA

For Radio listen I am using a program called Tunein available both Android and iphone to listen radio stations from around the world include Australia. There is also a tunein plugin for Media portal http://www.team-mediaportal.com which is Open Source program for view TV shows, Movies etc which runs on a windows PCs. You don't need a VPN to use any of these and all free and legal.