On Arrival Fee

Visa exempt entries are free. You get 30 days by air, 15 days by land. You must get a tourist visa at an embassy in a neighboring country. Currently 3 month double entry visas are available. 1000 baht per entry. If you travel to a foreign country to obtain a new visa exempt entry or tourist visa, you must purchase a visa to that country. Currently Laos - $35, Cambodia - $20, Myanmar - 500 baht, Malaysia - free.

Yes a Visa on Arrival costs 1,000 Baht and gives a stay of 15 days.

But somehow I think that you are not asking about Visas on Arrival

Thanks LB...the visa is for my GF who is Mauritian! I'mm OK with the Irish passport.

We saw online it had gone to 1,900 baht so that is why I posted here,

Not sure where you see that as 1,900 baht is the fee for extensions of stay using TM.7 forms. The fee is still listed as 1,000 baht on MFA website as below.

http://www.mfa.go.th...on-Arrival.html

Also see it is the normal immigrant visa fee from Immigration but that is not a visa on arrival for tourists as you are asking about.

Not sure where you see that as 1,900 baht is the fee for extensions of stay using TM.7 forms. The fee is still listed as 1,000 baht on MFA website as below.

http://www.mfa.go.th...on-Arrival.html

Also see it is the normal immigrant visa fee from Immigration but that is not a visa on arrival for tourists as you are asking about.

Thanks LP....we saw this on another site ans so the request for info. I guess this was a visa application site and included their fee.

It might be less hassle to get a multiple entry Tourist Visa. She could get cost and other details from:

Thailand Honorary Consulate , Mauritius

5 Duke of Edinburgh Avenue

Port Louis

Mauritius

Phone:

+230-2080877

+230-2080878

+230-2120877

+230-2120878

Fax:

+230-2081614

Email:

[email protected]

Many thanks M for youe nfo.

She lives with me here in Ireland and the consul here looks for 35 euro ..1,400 baht...an entry. So best to get it on arrival for 1,000 an entry.

Visa exempt entries are free. You get 30 days by air, 15 days by land. You must get a tourist visa at an embassy in a neighboring country. Currently 3 month double entry visas are available. 1000 baht per entry. If you travel to a foreign country to obtain a new visa exempt entry or tourist visa, you must purchase a visa to that country. Currently Laos - $35, Cambodia - $20, Myanmar - 500 baht, Malaysia - free.

Thanks ayne for the info.

We will get the Cambodian on arrival and we have applied to London for the Myanmar visa.

Visa on arrival is only good for 15 days, for a longer stay she will need a tourist visa. But for the visa on arrival she will also need to show a ticket out of Thailand within 15 days or the airline might not take her with them.

In addition, she can only use designated borders, not every border will do for a vissa on arrival.

Visa on arrival is only good for 15 days, for a longer stay she will need a tourist visa. But for the visa on arrival she will also need to show a ticket out of Thailand within 15 days or the airline might not take her with them.

In addition, she can only use designated borders, not every border will do for a vissa on arrival.

Thanks Mario....yes we saw the airline ticket thing and have them booked to Myanmar and then home.. The last time she got the VOA they asked to see her tickets but didn't notice that they were actually copies of my e-tickets! She had forgotten hers in her luggage!

It would be much better to get a tourist visa before traveling. It will be 1000 baht for each entry on a VOA that only gives a 15 day entry. A single entry tourist visa still would be much less costly.

Also there is no VOA available at border with Cambodia. The only border crossing with VOA's are with Malaysia.

If flying in it would not be a problem from any country.

It would be much better to get a tourist visa before traveling. It will be 1000 baht for each entry on a VOA that only gives a 15 day entry. A single entry tourist visa still would be much less costly.

I don't understand, how 35e touristvisa would be much less costly than 1000baht VOA?

Not if you are making trips out and back just to get the 15 days. A tourist visa would be good for 60 days.

For 1000 baht (multiple 3800) a re-entry permit from immigration would keep the remainder of the original 60 day entry valid.

Not if you are making trips out and back just to get the 15 days. A tourist visa would be good for 60 days.

For 1000 baht (multiple 3800) a re-entry permit from immigration would keep the remainder of the original 60 day entry valid.

Yes but I thought we are talking here what OP are doing with his girlfriend.

Revision to previous post. There are VOA's available now for Laos at Nong Kai and Chiang Rai for Myanmar.

It is up to the OP as to what he thinks is best. But if it was me I might pay the extra to get tourist visa entries to save time on entry and possibly a ticket out of the country for each VOA entry.

Edited by ubonjoe