Just Discovered My 18 Year Old Gf Is Really 17!

turboturtle

I have been seeing this college student for the last month and she insisted she was 18 and I believed her because she had her own apartment and car and was going to college to become an architect. When she went to sleep at my place I checked her ID in her wallet and she is only 17. Is this completely legal in Thailand if her parents have no problem with it? How will the Thai people see me if I'm a 33 year old man? I met her at a nice park and she never drinks alcohol or talks to foreign men so she is definitely attached to me to the point she cant keep her arms off of me or calling me while i am gone!

Any advice?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I met her at a nice park and she never drinks alcohol or talks to foreign men so she is definitely attached to me to the point she cant keep her arms off of me or calling me while i am gone!

But she talked to you! biggrin.png

I /we found out that my now wife was 10 years younger than she thought! A lot of turmoil in this area at that time, no papers and her parents moved around a lot. Thinking about birth control now, I hope it isn't too late....

She told you she was 18 because the way that Thais count their age she thinks that she is 18. They count the year that they are in, she is in her 18th year even though she has not reached her 18th birthday. As far as the wallet her wallet is concerned, if it's designer, it's probably fake, her ID is most likely real.

• Like 2

If the girl is over the age of 15 years but under 18 years of age and you are not paying for her sexual services, than you are legal.

If her father is a high ranking police officer or is part of a Thai mafia gang, than I`ll pray for you.

Good reply. I think there's a lot of unhappy and bored guys on this forum.

I /we found out that my now wife was 10 years younger than she thought! A lot of turmoil in this area at that time, no papers and her parents moved around a lot. Thinking about birth control now, I hope it isn't too late....

Uhmmm...so turmoil in the area and parents moving a lot led to her thinking she was 20 years old (for example) when she was actually 10?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

She is 53 not 63, ok? I didn't expect to be flamed on what I thought was a happy post. Both parents dies when she was young. Do we feel better now?

Edited by cooked

So you married an eight years old girl !!!!

If the girl is over the age of 15 years but under 18 years of age and you are not paying for her sexual services, than you are legal.

If her father is a high ranking police officer or is part of a Thai mafia gang, than I`ll pray for you.

Unhappy ..don't know... Bored ...definitely

Uhmmm...so turmoil in the area and parents moving a lot led to her thinking she was 20 years old (for example) when she was actually 10?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

She is 53 not 63, ok? I didn't expect to be flamed on what I thought was a happy post. Both parents dies when she was young. Do we feel better now?

Please trust me.

I'm completely convinced there's such a wide cross section of humanity on this board so as to assure any post will be subject to a s..t fest. I believe between the self righteous and political (conservative and liberal) correct you've discovered the inevitable.

No one or post is immune.

• Like 1

Total troll.

But regardless, the police could decide to press charges against you since she is under 18. The wording of the law is different and the penalty less than with under 16s, but 16-17s do not have the ability to give consent and they can prosecute you regardless. These guys saying it is ok if it is not prostitution are wrong. For an example, look at the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass. Was prosecuted and found guilty and sentenced to 2 years in prison (later suspended) for having sex with a 16 year old. Completely consensual, the girl just went to the press when she got pregnant and wanted child support, but the authorities decided to prosecute him anyway. Kid didn't even turn out to be his and he was still found guilty as he admitted to the sex. A foreigner messing with a 17 year old is leaving himself vulnerable to prison time, extortion, and when he gets back home being branded a sex offender.

Edited by DP25
  • Like 2

Err, how old did she think she was when she was 10???

Err, how old did she think she was when she was 10???

LOL. That was what I was going to write at first -- but I thought it would be regarded as being critical (ie flaming).