Error 413 For Uploading Video

Rsquared

I was advised to come here for help.

I tried uploading one of my own videos and after waiting for it to upload (34 MB) which took about 50 minutes.....I got a message in a pink box stating "unable to upload Error 413".

Ok I am not a whiz when it comes to this type of stuff......but from my iMovie (I have an iMac) I copied the video into a separate document and from there I tried to upload it to the forum.

Someone advised that I should load it on Youtube and load it from there......problem, I don't know how to do that, plus I only have an aircard which makes down/up loading very slow.

Is there some other way I can achieve this....or what am I doing wrong.

Cheers.

1st, Thaivisa doesn't support uploaded video attachments. 2nd, the file size would also stop it even if supported. Very easy to use YouTube. Just create an account on Youtube and after you will have an option to upload video. Due to your limited BW then suggest you resize the video to a lower resolution. I have a YouTube channel and my Internet upload limit is 1 Mbps and have no problems uploading though it can take quite a while but I just let it run while doing other things. Assuming you have an unlimited account.

post-566-0-84027500-1353728039_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok thanks Tywais....will go over to youtube and try from there.

I see lots of youtube clips uploaded by members so I'll give it a go.

Cheers.

Actually that file size is not that bad. Some of my uploaded 1080 HD videos were in the hundreds of megabytes.

A separate point though, in this situation it would be good to have a more informative message than "unable to upload Error 413".

Just checked and that is a standard HTTP error message meaning 'Request entity too large'. That normally comes from the web server (engine) and guess only the abbreviated version is being sent.