How Much To Rent A 3 Bedroom Place In Cm?

HalfSquat

Just going a bit of research into a potential move to CM.

How much can you rent a 3 bedroom condo or house for in and around CM?

Say something like 100 m/sq?

How cheap can you go and still get something decent?

Any websites to check out?

Thanks.

Hello.

In town I've seen comfortable houses as low as 4500 B/month, our last house was 6000 Baht with a larger kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and nicer than the 4500 B one. Viewed several Condos, and shop houses, in the 5000 B and under range; mostly unfurnished. Two things to remember; the rental rate may be set higher as a foreigner, and everything is negotiable. Very easy to pay more, there really is no upper limit based on area, luxury of the house, and the owners asking price.

Plus the further from town you travel, the better the rates you can find. I have seen fantastic country houses rent in the 5000 to 7000 B range - the 7000 B one was a huge, unfurnished 3 bedroom, at least a 45,000 B house if furnished and in a nice area.

Contact Boong at Chiang Mai Home for a start, and google Chiang Mai Properties (companies name).

Never saw a 'comfortable' rental for such low prices quoted. Barely furnished start at 20,000.

Seen a 6000 Baht house that was far nicer, and more comfortably furnished, then a similar house that rents for 24,000 Baht. Point of interest for you; sometimes Thai landlords ask for higher rates from a farang. Have of course viewed absolutely nasty, unfurnished houses for 5000 - 6000 Bath a month rent. All once viewed a nice 3 br house asking 12,000, yet just 1 month later was with a employee looking at houses for her, and now this house was just 4500 - but, yes, minus the washing machine only.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Never saw a 'comfortable' rental for such low prices quoted. Barely furnished start at 20,000.

You need to get out more. Fish's prices seem rather low but 20,000 is way high for the starting figure.

How do you know I don't get out much?

I looked at houses only 2 months ago, with my Thai partner doing the talking. I told them to start at 15,000 because I knew anythiing lower was not going to be comfortable for me. Maybe dirt yard, no window screens, no hot water, no a/c.

I stand by my realistic starting price of 15,000 in or out of the main district.

Lotys of opinions but none answering your wants.

most of the 5,000 and 6,000 were probably studios or one bed room.

For 3 bedroom and 100 sq meter I would say you are looking as 12,500 for a starting price on a decent home or condo.

I seriousley doubt you would find a condo at that price and size,

Also it would help if you mentioned furnished or unfurnished.

Try this cite {email removed}

Hope that works for you as it has a lot more information than homes. But does not deliver to yahoo addresses.

You need to get out more. Fish's prices seem rather low but 20,000 is way high for the starting figure.

I looked at houses only 2 months ago, with my Thai partner doing the talking. I told them to start at 15,000 because I knew anythiing lower was not going to be comfortable for me. Maybe dirt yard, no window screens, no hot water, no a/c.

I stand by my realistic starting price of 15,000 in or out of the main district.

Best not to go with a Thai partner, they often want a commission.

Not everyone, but enough to worry about.

(Pssst. he can't speak Thai, double the price and we split the extra 50/50)

Plenty of nice 2 and 3 bed houses around for 4000-8000bht a month.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

it depends really. if you want a decent size granite counter top that doesnt collapse when you chop your pork knuckles, a proper convection oven and stove, proper furniture and lighting, a good sized dining table, i would say at the very least 30k.

the 5-15k range are doable but very basis. they look more like a garage with a textile sofa and tv set

it depends really. if you want a decent size granite counter top that doesnt collapse when you chop your pork knuckles, a proper convection oven and stove, proper furniture and lighting, a good sized dining table, i would say at the very least 30k.

the 5-15k range are doable but very basis. they look more like a garage with a textile sofa and tv set

I doubt that they are doable at the size he wants of 100 square meters three bedroom.

Inside the Superhighway, 7000B/month, 84sqm 2 bed bungalow with Air Con, hot water, window screens, patio doors, patio area, concrete yard with flower beds, fish pond, car port..... total land size 280sqm.

Previously had a place, 10,000B 3 bed, 240sqm (house about 180sqm), in a Moo Baan, two bathroom, fitted kitchen, two car ports.....

Not the biggest place, but for two it is plenty. 15,000B should be getting you a lot more than Air Con, hot water....

It may take time but certainly doable at much more than basic. We lived in our previous house for 15 years but had to move out due to the owner wanting to move back in. Spent a lot of time looking at dozens of online realtors, driving around the locale of interest and word of mouth and found an excellent place for 13k. Just moved a few months ago

4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. The master bedroom alone is larger then many condos at 50 sqm with attached bathroom.

3 bathrooms with hot water in all and a full bath in one of them.

Very large living room with chandelier light and ceiling fan. Chandelier light in the stairway. Large wrap around sofa and another one in the study, Marble and Glass coffee table. 1st floor with nice wall paper.

Fully furnished kitchen with granite tops, built in cabinets, built in electric stove with oven, large counter space, huge new double door refrig.

3 TVs, 5 air conditioners, large stereo system, satellite tv (200+ channels).

Large study adjoining the living room that could be used as the 4th bedroom.

A very large enclosed utility area at the back with supplied automatic washing machine.

Two front bedrooms on the 2nd floor have their own separate balconies.

Full bedroom furniture including king size beds in two, twins in the 3rd, clothing cabinets, dresser, office chairs, large office desk, etc.

Large front yard with large covered parking for two cars.

BigC, Makro, Home Pro, Global House less then 5 minutes away.

So hardly "basic" or small or minimal furniture. Just have to commit to taking the time and searching.

• Like 2

It may take time but certainly doable at much more than basic. We lived in our previous house for 15 years but had to move out due to the owner wanting to move back in. Spent a lot of time looking at dozens of online realtors, driving around the locale of interest and word of mouth and found an excellent place for 13k. Just moved a few months ago

4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. The master bedroom alone is larger then many condos at 50 sqm with attached bathroom.

3 bathrooms with hot water in all and a full bath in one of them.

Very large living room with chandelier light and ceiling fan. Chandelier light in the stairway. Large wrap around sofa and another one in the study, Marble and Glass coffee table. 1st floor with nice wall paper.

Fully furnished kitchen with granite tops, built in cabinets, built in electric stove with oven, large counter space, huge new double door refrig.

3 TVs, 5 air conditioners, large stereo system, satellite tv (200+ channels).

Large study adjoining the living room that could be used as the 4th bedroom.

A very large enclosed utility area at the back with supplied automatic washing machine.

Two front bedrooms on the 2nd floor have their own separate balconies.

Full bedroom furniture including king size beds in two, twins in the 3rd, clothing cabinets, dresser, office chairs, large office desk, etc.

Large front yard with large covered parking for two cars.

BigC, Makro, Home Pro, Global House less then 5 minutes away.

So hardly "basic" or small or minimal furniture. Just have to commit to taking the time and searching.

that sounds great. maybe i just didnt put in enough time for my search. one major factor could be i never really venture really out of a.muang. i never found one with a proper kitchen wtihin my budget under 30k. this is the kind of kitchen im looking for, even with a tile top. pretty basic, not the higher end l-shaped full size tops

BlackAbsolute_Tile_Counter_Top.JPG

Edited by barefoot1988

that sounds great. maybe i just didnt put in enough time for my search. one major factor could be i never really venture really out of a.muang. i never found one with a proper kitchen wtihin my budget under 30k. this is the kind of kitchen im looking for, even with a tile top. pretty basic, not the higher end l-shaped full size tops

As I mentioned, it did take a lot of time, about 2 months, and I was shocked at the prices now versus when we looked 15 years ago. This is 10km from the center of the moat so don't doubt the prices within muang are quite a bit dearer. Still, only 10+ minutes drive to work or town for us. Our kitchen is not quite up to the one pictured but is miles ahead of our previous one. Will have to take a photo sometime.

it's difficult finding a place with a nice kitchen like that. our place is great but the kitchen is terrible. we know a Thai family with a huge, 5 bedroom, 5 bath home on more than a rai of land and they have a kitchen that is very tiny and not at all meant for cooking, only storing cold drinks, wine, and dishes. they both work 12 hours/day and when they are home they always have food delivered.

Is all about the location, in a mooban or not, etc

Not just that; a huge factor in determining the 'right' price is whether or not you have your head screwed on and know a bit about where you are. If someone thinks they can't get a place with air-con, hot water and fly screens for 15k in CM; well, then that's their hardlines for not having any nous. Thai landlords love these types.

• Like 1