Living In Thailand!

vallillo1983

I'm glad I didnt discover Thai Visa before I moved to Thailand 18 months ago. If I had taken the advice of most of the negative people here, I would never have come.

My advice to the OP is to take advantage of his youth. A guy in his mid-20s faces different risks and challenges than most of us older farts. OK, he only has 340,000 baht, but if he's sensible that could last him 4-6 months, plenty of time to find a teaching job if that's what he wants.

I would advise him to spend 6-12 months here to see if he likes it first. What's the worst thing that can happen? He loses his savings and goes home? Big deal. It's not like he's ruined his life.

Why are people who live here so negative when others ask for advice about moving here?

Go for it. When i came her to live i only had a few grand. I done a couple of courses through the British Council. This set me up and gave me the confidence to try and get a teaching job. I started on a crap salary 20,000 plus apartment. I took on some part time work on a Saturday that gave me 2000 baht extra a week. I lived in Bang Sue then moved to Pinklao. Cheaper than around Sukhumwit areas. So now my salary has increased and i dont need to work extra. That was 4 years ago that i came here. Remember that it will cost you a bit to set yourself ie TV, Fridge etc Deposit for apartment. But it CAN be done, As someone else said. If you get things sorted quickly and dont splash all your cash Then you will be fine. BTW I'm only 31 so i wasn't much older that you when i came. I am now married and have never been happier. I did go back to the UK after my first year. I had to get more money. But that was for a short time of 6months. But that was my fault as i was here for a few months before i started to work and i was using my credit card alot. Just dont make the same mistake.

Edited by Jockstar