Demonstrators Told To Confront Police

Lite Beer

Aah now we have strict law enforcement AND over the top police action. Over a hundred arrests within a few hours after the rally kicked of. If the rally would have prolonged for let's say 2 weeks, how many people would have been arrested 10,000? 20,000? All?

Nobody sees any double standards here?

It seems like the arrests by the Police were just token gestures on trivial offences,otherwise why did the police let 137 free,without charging them?

. . . or one could say, that relasing them without fformal charges was a good faith gesture on the part of Yingluck to circumvent further devisiveness. No need to create more martyr-like issues resulting from prosecution of these guys. The fact that all were let go supports the intuitive forward thinking explanation. Otherwise, they could charge some or all of the protesters regardless of their actions in an effort to save face. A small group of you guys are going to complain, criticize or condemn whether they were charged or let go irregardless of the circumstances.

I'm not complaining that they were let go,merely that they were probably let go in the first place,because of a triviality,you can bet your life if this government had some evidence against these protesters they would have been delighted to see some prosecutions.

i.e probably lack or real solid evidence,or anything of real legal importance! and please don't give me the Bleeding Heart stuff about "good faith gestures".

Next you will be telling me Thaksin is going to give back all the money he Thieved from the Thai people,as a good will gesture.

Therein lies the problem. When presented with competing alternative plausible explanations, many here will reject the explanation inconsistent with their agenda even if such rejection is predicated purely upon speculation. You may want the reason to be lack of evidence to support conviction, but the reality is neither you nor I know why they were released.

But alas, the explanatin you chose to accept does provide you with a basis to support your complaints or criticisms. Your complaints clearly emanate from your assumption that peaceful protesters were arrested absent commission of any crimes.

Edited by ttelise

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, it took one whole day for this peaceful rally to turn violent.

Violence was perpetrated by the Red Shirts taking over Bangkok for 2 months + so obviously a non starter in comparison. And in this case the 137 arrested for trivial offences,were set free Uncharged!

Edited by MAJIC

Violence was perpetrated by the Red Shirts taking over Bangkok for 2 months + so obviously a non starter in comparison. And in this case the 137 arrested for trivial offences,were set free Uncharged!

no need to shout, i have good vision and can read.

i guess you're missing the point of my comment, what i meant is, it took longer than a day for the red protests to turn violent.

• Like 1

i guess you're missing the point of my comment, what i meant is, it took longer than a day for the red protests to turn violent.

My highlighting was for emphasis,that whatever cooked up charges had been applied by the Police,was not enough to get a conviction,in other words trivial offences,and not worth the risk of being shown up in Court as nonsense charges! hence the release of 137 arrested.....without charge.

Come on Nerofiend! you are a long term poster on Thai Visa,and you know very well the Red Shirts were Terrorists,that held Bangkok and Thailand to Ramsom for 2 months + . So there is no comparison with yesterdays protest march,which was severely hampered by Police

The same Police that would not lift a finger to stop the Red Shirts burning Bangkok, and all they did was Buddy up to the Thugs in Red, in 2010,a fact that you and ttelise conveniently ignore to suit your flimsy arguments.

Edited by MAJIC

My highlighting was for emphasis,that whatever cooked up charges had been applied by the Police,was not enough to get a conviction,in other words trivial,and not worth the risk of being shown up in Court as nonsense charges!

Come on Nerofiend! you are a long term poster on Thai Visa,and you know very well the Red Shirts were Terrorists,that held Bangkok and Thailand to Ramsom for 2 months + . So there is no comparison with yesterdays protest march,which was severely hampered by Police that would not lift a finger to stop the Red Shirts burning Bangkok, and all they did was Buddy up to the Thugs in Red in 2010,a fact that you and ttelise conveniently ignore to suit your flimsy arguments.

Come on Nerofiend! you are a long term poster on Thai Visa,and you know very well the Red Shirts were Terrorists

no actually i don't think that, and you spelt my name wrong.

i don't know what flimsy argument i'm supposed to making here, i'm just telling it like it is, i can't be blamed if you read a lot more into my words than are actually there, or conjur up arguments that i'm making that actually exist in your head, not mine.

My highlighting was for emphasis,that whatever cooked up charges had been applied by the Police,was not enough to get a conviction,in other words trivial,and not worth the risk of being shown up in Court as nonsense charges!

Come on Nerofiend! you are a long term poster on Thai Visa,and you know very well the Red Shirts were Terrorists,that held Bangkok and Thailand to Ramsom for 2 months + . So there is no comparison with yesterdays protest march,which was severely hampered by Police that would not lift a finger to stop the Red Shirts burning Bangkok, and all they did was Buddy up to the Thugs in Red in 2010,a fact that you and ttelise conveniently ignore to suit your flimsy arguments.

Come on Nerofiend! you are a long term poster on Thai Visa,and you know very well the Red Shirts were Terrorists

no actually i don't think that, and you spelt my name wrong.

i don't know what flimsy argument i'm supposed to making here, i'm just telling it like it is, i can't be blamed if you read a lot more into my words than are actually there, or conjur up arguments that i'm making that actually exist in your head, not mine.

Something about leading a camel to water . . . comes to mind. Blinded by passion, prejudice or something I cannot put my finger on unless shills for a propoganda agenda. No reasoning with whatsoever.

What a nice picture for our friend Buscholtz who were asking yesterday if we had any proof that it was actually the protestors who were responsible for the violence during the demonstration.

He'll still say there is no proof and that this is a llie spread by Yingluck's cousin on Facebook. He will also say pictures are photoshopped and the peaceful protesters were simply throwing home made fireworks back to the Black shirt ninjas mixed in with the red scarf cops.

Oh, and then he'll just point out how the red shirts did this and did that back in 2010 and that Yingluck is Thaksin's puppet.

Glorious, ttelise, couldn't have put it better myself!

I also loved that line in the OP, " But his plea fell on deaf ears; the same protest leader retorted that protesters were carrying out their duty as well, and ordered his men to march forward". What fantasy world are PS's leaders living in?

Thankfully, Pitak Siam and its totally deranged leadership have been utterly routed and humiliated yesterday., by a combination of firm crowd control - but not Suthep-style butchery, and skilful government planning. The attendance of, at best, some 30,000 would disgrace a second rate football team, and to continue that analogy, they sure had more than their fair share of thugs and hooligans motivated by the certain prospect of a violent punch-up. What happened to the other 470,000 supporters ,or (as General Looney once glibly predicted an attendance of over 1 million!) the other 970,000? Don't tell me that nearly 1 million fanatical PS lovers are stuck in a traffic jam en route from Isaan.thumbsup.gif

So why would they come from Isaan,that's Red Country,in case you didn't know?

What a nice picture for our friend Buscholtz who were asking yesterday if we had any proof that it was actually the protestors who were responsible for the violence during the demonstration.

What a thoughtless statement.

It was the protesters fault had nothing to do with the fact that they were protesting against the government.

The big question for some who are slow is why did the police send so many anti riot police to the demonstration and try to box them in to a small area with barb wire, They came prepared to provoke it.

Have they ever used any where near these tactics on the red shirt demonstrators. Of course not they did not want to turn them into violent situations.

It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. First the Government whips up fear of violence by claiming plans to kill there leader then they discover plans to kidnap Yingluck and others.

Some times I wonder if other countries have the same low standard of education as Thailand their posts would indicate it.

Haha, there he goes again with the barb wire made us do it excuse. Yep those protesters saw that barb wire and were driven to the brink of insanity causing them to get violent, cut the barb wire and charge the police. Yeah, I agree that if the cops did not bring the barb wire the protesters would have not felt the need to cut through it and charge the police.

Now the number of police present made the protesters act like thugs and try to incite violence. I agree that if there were only 10 cops there the protesters would have been in their best behaviour and would have never attempted to over run 10 cops.

So your lesson to the government is that you guys cannot have peaceful protests if there is barb wire present and a lot of cops there. You guys see barb wire and cops everywhere will lose it and act like thugs.

I am sure if they promise to act nice next time Yingluck will use paper machette barricades and assign the 10 hottest female traffic cops as the security.

I sincerely hope you are not a Teacher?

It was the protesters fault had nothing to do with the fact that they were protesting against the government.

The big question for some who are slow is why did the police send so many anti riot police to the demonstration and try to box them in to a small area with barb wire, They came prepared to provoke it.

Have they ever used any where near these tactics on the red shirt demonstrators. Of course not they did not want to turn them into violent situations.

It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. First the Government whips up fear of violence by claiming plans to kill there leader then they discover plans to kidnap Yingluck and others.

Some times I wonder if other countries have the same low standard of education as Thailand their posts would indicate it.

Haha, there he goes again with the barb wire made us do it excuse. Yep those protesters saw that barb wire and were driven to the brink of insanity causing them to get violent, cut the barb wire and charge the police. Yeah, I agree that if the cops did not bring the barb wire the protesters would have not felt the need to cut through it and charge the police.

Now the number of police present made the protesters act like thugs and try to incite violence. I agree that if there were only 10 cops there the protesters would have been in their best behaviour and would have never attempted to over run 10 cops.

So your lesson to the government is that you guys cannot have peaceful protests if there is barb wire present and a lot of cops there. You guys see barb wire and cops everywhere will lose it and act like thugs.

I am sure if they promise to act nice next time Yingluck will use paper machette barricades and assign the 10 hottest female traffic cops as the security.

Haha, way more educated than that. I did teach Legal Methods, a legal writing course as an adjunct professor in 95 and 96. Nit my day job though. That was writing opinions for a stare supreme court justice at that time.

iPhones just make me sound smarter than I is.

Haha, way more educated than that. I did teach Legal Methods, a legal writing course as an adjunct professor in 95 and 96. Nit my day job though. That was writing opinions for a stare supreme court justice at that time.

Let me say as nicely as possible,I am extremely underwhelmed,at even the remotest possibility of such an infinitesimal unlikelihood of your claims to fame,given by one such as yourself, of such limited, writing and cognisance abilities.

Keep up your Supreme Court Justice writing opinions, which is where I feel your best improvement can be made.

But don't be disheartened, opinions are not what they used to be!

Oh! by the way, why: doesn't the "Supreme Court Justice" form it's own opinions???

Edited by MAJIC

They turned violent within hours during their Bangkok Riot of July 2007 injuring hundreds of policemen.

Edited by Buchholz

Let me say as nicely as possible,I am extremely underwhelmed,at even the remotest possibility of such an infinitesimal unlikelihood of your claims to fame,given by one such as yourself, of such limited, writing and cognisance abilities.

Keep up your Supreme Court Justice writing opinions, which is where I feel your best improvement can be made.

But don't be disheartened, opinions are not what they used to be!

Oh! by the way, why: doesn't the "Supreme Court Justice" form it's own opinions???

No worries. Think what you like. I guess if you don't believe that I am a lawyer you definitely won't believe that beautiful blonde in my avatar is my hot young Russian wife and she us sitting in HER car I gave her . . .

I actually also did a year clerkship with intermediate court of appeals before being offered a clerkship with the Justice.

The Supreme Court in that state has 5 Justices. Each justice has a staff attorney and a clerk. The staff attorney is supposed to be a more permanent position and the clerk is to rotate every year. I was hired as a Staff Attorney assigned to a Justice.

There are also maybe 5 other staff attorneys not assigned to Justices. They primarily review Rule 11 applications for permission to appeal. The then draft a bench brief or memo on it with their recommendations as to whether to grant. Tales two justices voting to grant for court to hear case. The exception is death penalty cases are all mandatory review.

There are several other staff attorneys that are the death penalty experts. They compose the majority of the death penalty opinions and then the opinions are circulated to the justices. There is communication during drafting between us assigned to the justices and the death penalty staff attorneys during drafting to see if agreement, concurring or dissenting opinions will be necessary.

I composed all opinions, separate concurring opinions and dissents for my Justice. Obviously, the justice would read and make changes or revisions deemed appropriate before circulating. Cases were assigned after oral argument and spread around to areas of expertise or interst on a pro rata or equal distribution basis.

The other clerk primarily proofed my stuff and wrote or proofed workers compensation panel opinions. Those panels were comprised of one Justice and two special judges, generally trial judges or senior status judges.

I have probably drafted about 50 appellate court and Supreme Court opinions that are in publication in print. Most of them have very little revisions to what I originally wrote. Bug difference in time u spend typing post on iPhone and something I do for work. I only go back and edit when typos or autocorrects are so bad I have no idea what I am saying.

They turned violent within hours during their Bangkok Riot of July 2007 injuring hundreds of policemen.

am, weren't they holding continuous rallies since june? i take it you're talking about the marching on prems house incident.

and hundreds of policemen injured by the red shirts on one day in july 2007?

let's see your source to prove your claims of, both, the 'within hours' and 'hundreds of policemen' please.

unbiased sources are preferable, but if you can't find any then no problem, i'll read what proof you've got.

i suppose next you'll be bringing up the asean summit in pattaya as if it wasn't a continuation of the rallies in bangkok at the time too.

• Like 1

Carra

Bit jumpy aren't you? haven't questioned a word you say.

not jumpy at all my friend, it was just your post came straight after mine and knowing how some posters don't even bother to read and posts and just throw accusations i thought I would check.

wai.gif

There's a lot of discussion on whether the police over reacted or not! There was no loss of life, therefore I think it was a job well done by the police.

Nobody died so it was a success?

Nobody dies, of course it was a success!

Do you not think the country is a few more degrees polarised?

yes of course, it was a ridiculous ploy from Pitak Siam, it could only lead to more anxiety and polarization in the country calling for coups etc.

Aah now we have strict law enforcement AND over the top police action. Over a hundred arrests within a few hours after the rally kicked of. If the rally would have prolonged for let's say 2 weeks, how many people would have been arrested 10,000? 20,000? All?

There was over a hundred arrests in a few hours because over 100 people committed arrestable offences in a few hours. Simple

Maybe one day Liverpool will be successful again and you can spend a bit more time looking at meaningful statistics.

Your misguided following of the other losers in red will also end in tears

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

yawwwwwnnnnnnnn

tears from who? are you going to make me cry?

the only bleating I can see at the moment is from you and your friends whistling.gif

No worries. Think what you like. I guess if you don't believe that I am a lawyer you definitely won't believe that beautiful blonde in my avatar is my hot young Russian wife and she us sitting in HER car I gave her . . .

I actually also did a year clerkship with intermediate court of appeals before being offered a clerkship with the Justice.

For a "Lawyer" you've sure been suckered into giving your life story away online....

Have a care pal. There are lot of jealous oddballs on here...

According to the other paper, all those arrested have been released.

Did I read this right? 'Not sure in Thailand but back in the uk I arrested a fair few......' You were a copper? Your blind support of the police now makes sense.

really??? you want to go down that avenue??

I would tell you to hunt out my previous but since your ridiculous post has put me in a happy mood I will help you out with a simple statement.

I have nothing but contempt for the RTP, and I rightly criticise them when it is warranted, but to balance that I also praise them when they have done a good job, and on Saturday, based on what I saw in the early news flashes and from the reports read since the RTP did an excellent job so deserve praise for that.

I am sure this news will cheer you up however, a van taking police officers back to their province was struck by a taxi and 2 police officers were killed, two indirect victims of this pointless rally.

For a "Lawyer" you've sure been suckered into giving your life story away online....

Have a care pal. There are lot of jealous oddballs on here...

Haha, that's old news. I worked for Courts 15 to 17 years ago.

I thought the summary would be intersting tid bits about how things work at a Supreme Court level given his statement.

I am happy to show off or bragg about my hot, sweet wife . . .

Edited by ttelise

Haha, that's old news. I worked for Courts 15 to 17 years ago.

I thought the summary would be intersting tid bits about how things work at a Supreme Court level given his statement.

I am also always happy to show off or bragg about my hot wife .

Blimey...

Haha, well said and to the point.

are you not going to acknowledge the misinformation of your comparison?

am, weren't they holding continuous rallies since june? i take it you're talking about the marching on prems house incident.

let's see your source to prove your claims of, both, the 'within hours' and 'hundreds of policemen' please.

unbiased sources are preferable, but if you can't find any then no problem, i'll read what proof you've got.

pick one

there is this handy tool called google, it helps so that you don't have to spoonfeed people their information

if you're trying to get me to spoonfeed you information, it's not happening.

i'm not here to spoonfeed you.

pick one

there is this handy tool called google, it helps so that you don't have to spoonfeed people their information

if you're trying to get me to spoonfeed you information, it's not happening.

< ----snip (too many quotes)---->

lol, difference is, i guarantee... without me even making all the effort that you've just put into finding those and checking them, each of those comments were easily accessible information that were one google search away...... yours however, is not...

you know why? because you are wrong.

I'm not a supporter of either side and wish they would unite for the sake of the Country .... but this report is a huge distortion. I spent the day at the site taking photos and it was 99.9% peaceful with a tiny bit of staged trouble. There were several people at the site entrances with loud hailers trying to inject a bit of drama (near the two news camera teams I saw) ..... but really, if you saw the age of most the people there you'd know this was never going to become violent on anything but a tiny/isolated scale.

It would be great if the press focussed on the few people on all sides who are trying to create drama for thier own purposes, and reported on them as individuals and stopped trying to make false claims about the 'masses'. I was in the middle of the Red Shirts (my office is in Chidlom) and it was the same thing .... 99.9% peaceful, concerned citizens being misled by a few.

I see the same polarization on this site ..... and it makes no sense to me. We're mostly foreign visitors here - why should we take sides in an artificail battle created by a few rish people for their own purposes?

Sir - this is one of the most balanced and informative posts I've read. Thank you for posting it.

It seems like the arrests by the Police were just token gestures on trivial offences,otherwise why did the police let 137 free,without charging them?

. . . or one could say, that relasing them without fformal charges was a good faith gesture on the part of Yingluck to circumvent further devisiveness. No need to create more martyr-like issues resulting from prosecution of these guys. The fact that all were let go supports the intuitive forward thinking explanation. Otherwise, they could charge some or all of the protesters regardless of their actions in an effort to save face. A small group of you guys are going to complain, criticize or condemn whether they were charged or let go irregardless of the circumstances.

If you believe that you must really be looking forward to Santa coming! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

He'll still say there is no proof and that this is a llie spread by Yingluck's cousin on Facebook. He will also say pictures are photoshopped and the peaceful protesters were simply throwing home made fireworks back to the Black shirt ninjas mixed in with the red scarf cops.

Oh, and then he'll just point out how the red shirts did this and did that back in 2010 and that Yingluck is Thaksin's puppet.

Start with quoting a lie and then add further nonsense embellishment

Lawyer, you say you are. It's becoming more believable.

coffee1.gif

There's a couple of guys posting on here claiming to be lawyers rolleyes.gif . Presumably they think this indicates some level of intelligence or adds credibility to their often poorly constructed views. It doesn't. Don't let them bait or troll you mate!

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that politicians have influence over judicial proceedings here?

• Like 1

Start with quoting a lie and then add further nonsense embellishment

Lawyer, you say you are. It's becoming more believable.

coffee1.gif

There's a couple of guys posting on here claiming to be lawyers rolleyes.gif . Presumably they think this indicates some level of intelligence or adds credibility to their often poorly constructed views. It doesn't. Don't let them bait or troll you mate!

Interesting you should say this. As I posted a couple of days ago I took one semester of Tort Law at Murray State U. Of course I passed but don't remember the grade. I learned just enough to be dangerous. So it is hard to bullshit an old bullshitter. There are some similarities in Thai law and US law but not many.