Nationalities Of Expats In Pattaya

Levent

Your Nationality  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all,

Just wanted to do some research as to the nationalities of the people on this forum who live in Pattaya.

Thanks for your answers.

Hi Levent,

Just curious - why haven't you included Russians? There was at least two of them posting and fighting their corner the other day. :o:D

On the same line, does anyone have any idea of the population of Pattaya, I have never heard a realistic figure?

Cheers

If you mean expat population - I guess Immigration would know the long term residents (ie 90 days plus), not counting illegals.

The figures for Pattays population are around 65,000 but the total should probably be considerably higher as it is difficult to account for the fluctuating population of migrant workers connected with tourism. Tourists and expats have also not been included

65k was a figure I heard about five years ago, even then it was barely believable, the last three years there has been a big influx of people, and quite a few hotel rooms added (there used to be 23k)

Last week someone was telling me that the population was 1 1/4 Million which is slightly different! :o

Cheers

The figures for Pattays population are around 65,000 but the total should probably be considerably higher as it is difficult to account for the fluctuating population of migrant workers connected with tourism. Tourists and expats have also not been included

65k was a figure I heard about five years ago, even then it was barely believable, the last three years there has been a big influx of people, and quite a few hotel rooms added (there used to be 23k)

Last week someone was telling me that the population was 1 1/4 Million which is slightly different! :o

Cheers

Most people who are in Pattaya are not from Pattaya

they will still be registered at the village they come from.

So I don’t know how anyone can come up with a realistic figure for Pattaya.

:D

This is English websites so naturally lots more English speaking members. There is definitely a big presence of Germanic speaking nationals in Pattaya as well as Scandinavians, but most of them do not read much English websites on regular basis. So this survey is somewhat meaningless.

yeah most of the Germans I saw in Pattaya can not speak english, as well not a real german....

This is English websites so naturally lots more English speaking members. There is definitely a big presence of Germanic speaking nationals in Pattaya as well as Scandinavians, but most of them do not read much English websites on regular basis. So this survey is somewhat meaningless.

Nationality of Expats:

What is your nationality?

first point: Thai ?????????????????

An Expat in Thailand who is from Thailand???????

Don't see why its meanlinless. Levant wants to know the nationalities of expats reading/contributing to the TV Pattaya Forum - not the split of expat nationalities in Pattaya. As its an English language forum, its bound to be dominated by English speakers, buts its still interesting to know the split, and what percentage aren't native English speakers. Yes? No? :D:D:o

Don't see why its meanlinless. Levant wants to know the nationalities of expats reading/contributing to the TV Pattaya Forum - not the split of expat nationalities in Pattaya. As its an English language forum, its bound to be dominated by English speakers, buts its still interesting to know the split, and what percentage aren't native English speakers. Yes? No? :D:D:o

I do believe that the users of this forum have many different nationalities, as the poll results so far show. I am not sure about Germans, but many Scandinavians are known to speak English as virtually native speakers. Yeah, I could have included Russians too, but I could only pick 20 nationalities! :D

I chose to include Thais as there must be quite a few non-farangs on this forum too. But yes, they of course are not expats...

I chose to include Thais as there must be quite a few non-farangs on this forum too. But yes, they of course are not expats...

No really? :D

Well, except of course if they come from another part of Thailand and regard Pattaya as a foreign place, which is not totally unimaginable... :o

No really? :D

Well, except of course if they come from another part of Thailand and regard Pattaya as a foreign place, which is not totally unimaginable... :o

Why, nothing remotely Thai-related exists there at all. I'm sure that since you are Thai, of course you know this.

How do you perform this check?

2/3 are british or americans, but 0 australians, even I saw a lot of them already in thailand.

Strange result.....

You forgot to put Indians, there are also a lot here.

Why, nothing remotely Thai-related exists there at all. I'm sure that since you are Thai, of course you know this.

Am I missing something here? I wasn't Thai last time I checked... :o

Am I missing something here? I wasn't Thai last time I checked... :o

That is exactly my point! slow off the mark, aren't you?

I live been living in Pattaya 6 Months of the year for several years now. The poll will not answer your question correctly because the majority of ex pats wouldn't have ever heard of thaivisa.com and therefore would never have the chance of voting. Your poll would carry more weight it asked "What is thaivisa.com readers Nationalities who are ex pats living in Pattaya"? I can say that 80% of my friends have never heard of thaivisa.com or will not use the site no matter how much encouragement I give them, mostly due to laziness or the no need to look up anything attitude.

When I am living in Pattaya I go out almost every night to all sois to all neighbourhoods. During the day I do the same. I get on motorcycle and will go to different beaches and shopping centres within the area. I am also a long distance walker and it is not unusual for me to cover 10kms a day walking. I also have many many friends in Pattaya from all walks of life.

My opinion is that the biggest group of ex pats in this order are: British, Australians, Germans and then everybody else. The reason Americans go in the everybody else slot is that I very rarely ever bump into an American in a bar or the streets or on the beach. No matter where I go, Koh Larn, Bang Saray, Jomtien or Pattaya very few seem to be on the ground. I have equal as much chance to meet say a Sweed, Fin, Polish, Arab, Russian, Italian, Swiss as I can say meet an American. Not that any of this matters because most of the ex pats I meet are pretty good people anyway, hope that helps.

......The reason Americans go in the everybody else slot is that I very rarely ever bump into an American in a bar or the streets or on the beach. No matter where I go, Koh Larn, Bang Saray, Jomtien or Pattaya very few seem to be on the ground........

There's loads of them in Bkk -all working for mukti-national lawyers, banks, finance copmpanies etc. and earning mega-bucks.

During and just after the Vietnam war Pattaya was full of them - (now I'm really showing my age!) In fact some of the original bars, opened right on the beach were owned by ex GI's. You could probably say that the yanks started the whole Pattaya thing as a bar/sex/ resort.

These days, it's too far for most of them to come. Central America and the Carribbean is much closer to home.

Just thought ypu might like to know :o

......The reason Americans go in the everybody else slot is that I very rarely ever bump into an American in a bar or the streets or on the beach. No matter where I go, Koh Larn, Bang Saray, Jomtien or Pattaya very few seem to be on the ground........

There's loads of them in Bkk -all working for mukti-national lawyers, banks, finance copmpanies etc. and earning mega-bucks.

During and just after the Vietnam war Pattaya was full of them - (now I'm really showing my age!) In fact some of the original bars, opened right on the beach were owned by ex GI's. You could probably say that the yanks started the whole Pattaya thing as a bar/sex/ resort.

These days, it's too far for most of them to come. Central America and the Carribbean is much closer to home.

Just thought ypu might like to know :o

That's because we have all been here for a while, we all have Thai wives, and soe of us have children. We go out durring the day most of the time, and ocasionally go out in the evenings.

So that's why you don't see many Amewricans in Pattaya.

Barry