Could Divorce Affect Wifes Visa Status ?

definately no deception, we are sperated not divorced yet , maybe we will , maybe we will not get divorced, no deception on either me or my wifes part.

You have, of course, told the UKBA this in her PR application and her son's family permit applications.

Because if you haven't, then there probably is deception. As the declaration your wife signed on her form EEA4 says;

I am aware that it is an offence to make a statement or representation which I know to be false

or do not believe to be true, or to obtain, or seek to obtain a permanent residence card by means

which include deception

I am aware that it is an offence to make a statement or representation which I know to be false

or do not believe to be true, or to obtain, or seek to obtain a permanent residence card by means

which include deception

I wonder what exactly they think the offence is. The EEA Regulations don't create any offences, and it ain't "deception" under S24A of the 1971 Immigration Act, because that just relates to seeking or obtaining "leave to enter or remain"; the issue of a Family Permit or Residence Card is not a grant of LTE or LTR.

I suppose it's academic, as they probably wouldn't bother to prosecute anyway. And Scorpio's missis is probably home and dry - if their marriage has lasted more than 3 years, of which she's spent at least one with him in the UK, she can claim PR anyway, as long as she's got a job.

The UK, France and Portugal have recently carried out a joint operation against sham marriages used to obtain residency via the EEA regulations.

17 arrests in UK sham marriage investigations.

I am not suggesting in any way shape or form that Scorpio and his wife are involved in anything of that nature; but it does show that the UK and other EEA countries are looking more closely at applications based on marriage.

• Like 2

right, let me getr this straight once and for all, this is starting to make me and my wife look like we are committing an offence which is totally wrong. we are NOT divorced , we are still legally married, my wifes PR application was filled out openly and honestly. i do not want a divorce, i have not spoken to my wife in a few days, im letting her cool down and giving her space .

NO DECEPTION IN THIS CASE. THIS IS NOT A MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE and very very wrong to suggest otherwise.

I married my wife because i loved her and still do, we have a beautifull child together . i will still cling to the hope that we can resolve this problem, i do not want to lose her and my kid.

enough said

Edited by scorpio
  • Like 2

hi,

myself and my wife have now resolved our differences and problems and working to save our marriage, its took a while but now she has calmed down and also even apologised to me also.

thanks againwai.gif

• Like 1

hi,

myself and my wife have now resolved our differences and problems and working to save our marriage, its took a while but now she has calmed down and also even apologised to me also.

thanks againwai.gif

Don't argue with her again, avoid all confrontation, it's the Thai way.

Good luck for the future of you all.