See Olympics From Turin

johnlek

For those of us that are a little bit interested in watching some of the events in Turin, I found it hard to find where to look. I have a 512 TOT broadband connection and was hoping to have a look at of some of the action from the Winter Olympics in Italy via the net. I normally have access to some of the European national tv channels through passwords and usernames, which have sending rights for the Games there. The problem is that they “see” that my ip address (TOT address) is from outside Europe, and that they therefore cannot send me any live streaming, or videos. According to agreements, they cannot broadcast outside there domain. My question is therefore; are there any tv stations/webpages that send to Thailand?

In the UBC Program magazine, nothing is listed, and as I have been scanning through the channels I haven’t uncovered anything outside the highlights on normal Thai, TV channels.

Please keep the forum advised, should you find some programming.

Take Care,

No Thai atheletes competing, so not interest?

How parochial. :o

There is one Thai competing, discussed in this thread.

---------------

Maestro

I have now managed to see some of the events through TVkoo.com. This is a Chinese program that broadcasts olympic via CCTV5 and Tv1 (Nrk1 - which is a Norwegian channel). It works ok, but due to my relative slow download speed ( about 250 k bit), it stops up to buffer.

I stand corrected.

With a Thai in the games the lack of coverage is all the more disgusting.

Also in these topics;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60329

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59890

It is on satellite with 24hr coverage live and replays, and free to view.

DD Sport on Panamsat 7/10, Insat 3c, Insat 2e, NSS6

Live feeds direct from the International Media Center on Eutelsat W5 also free to air