Weapons, Rocket-Propelled Grenades, Launchers, Missing From Border Patrol Police Units

webfact

CRIME

Missing weapons may be sold in black market by insiders : source

Kawintra Jaiseu,

Seksanti Kanlayanawisut

The Nation

NONG KHAI: -- Hundreds of weapons, including rocket-propelled grenades and launchers, missing from several Border Patrol Police units may have been sold by insiders.

"We believe some officials are involved in corruption," Sakda Techakriangkrai, deputy commissioner of Provincial Police Region 4, said Tuesday.

After the 245th Border Patrol Police Company lodged a complaint about missing weapons with Muang Nong Khai Police Station on Tuesday, Border Patrol Police launched a probe against officers in charge of issuing weapons.

"We will wait to hear the results," Sakda said. The investigation should provide some crucial clues within a week, he said.

"At this point, we have been told that hundreds of guns and RPG launchers have disappeared," he said.

A source said hundreds of government RPG launchers and guns had lately gone into the black market.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 28

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell do the border control need rpg's for?

To prevent assasination attempts on ex PMs on the border?

Nongkhai border control. A bridge and a stretch of river. Maybe they want to blow some boats out of the water or expect laos to invade.

I mean really, has anyone ever heard of police anywhere in the world using rpgs?

In effect also para military & need war fighting capability for counter insurgency etc. My guess corrupt staff must have sold the weapons to drug smuggling gangs & god knows who else. Traitors to their country...

In effect also para military & need war fighting capability for counter insurgency etc. My guess corrupt staff must have sold the weapons to drug smuggling gangs & god knows who else. Traitors to their country...

In nongkhai? Drug runners maybe,

Don't they have the yearly rocket festival around there ?

Also Nong Khai is known for the "Mekong fireballs", a supposedly paranormal phenomenon that occurs at the full moon of October/end of the Buddhist Lent.

I don't see why border control there would need RPGs. Seems like a pretty secure border area.

Edited by squarethecircle

I mean honestly is this some bad joke. In any half decent country this act would be front page news and the authorities - police, army etc would be moving hell and high water to retrieve these weapons, not "wait for the results... within a week"

Find the <deleted> weapons NOW you utter numpty. Your job is to find them so that no Thai person or any other person dies from their unlawful use. Pull your finger out of your arse and do something now!!

• Like 2

Nongkhai border control. A bridge and a stretch of river. Maybe they want to blow some boats out of the water or expect laos to invade.

I mean really, has anyone ever heard of police anywhere in the world using rpgs?

Try Afghanistan...

Afghan_National_Police_officer_ready_to_fire_an_RPG_round_at_a_training_site.jpg

I feel that you are all being really harsh...why do you think it reasonable for a government official to be accountable for things put in his charge? Can you give one example where a government official has not sold or used for another purpose equipment that was in his care? This is Thailand remember! Whether it's tax money or anything belonging to the government or the people then it therefore belongs to the man who is responsible for it, after all he's a "people" too.

Only small minded people would find this logic flawed! thumbsup.gifwai.gif

• Like 1

Let the rampant speculation begin..........

Speculation? My dear chap, let me tell you. I'll just check this with the Dept. PM Pol Captain Chalerm. He should be able to tell me what's right and what's wrong smile.png

Try Afghanistan...

Afghan_National_Police_officer_ready_to_fire_an_RPG_round_at_a_training_site.jpg

That's no RPG, can't you see it's a trumpet and the assistance is mounting the muffler Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Let the rampant speculation begin..........

Speculation? My dear chap, let me tell you. I'll just check this with the Dept. PM Pol Captain Chalerm. He should be able to tell me what's right and what's wrong smile.png

Let you in to a little secret, well it will not be a secret now, I go to Cambodia every Friday, the border guards do not hide their loyalties, they also cut my grass and prune my trees at least once every month, they also dress in black and are armed.

• Like 2