Wheres Good For A Glass Of Red Wine In Bangkok?

ThailandNeil

bangkok becoming a place that most districts will have some sort of restaurant serving wine, whether its just a local hangout or an upmarket wine bar, take your pick, each district now has italian food, japanese food, all sorts of small pubs live band restaurants, most areas will have some sort of place to drink wine at an affordable price, the best bet is to get away from the idiot box for a few hours and take a stroll around and see whats around

bangkok becoming a place that most districts will have some sort of restaurant serving wine, whether its just a local hangout or an upmarket wine bar, take your pick, each district now has italian food, japanese food, all sorts of small pubs live band restaurants, most areas will have some sort of place to drink wine at an affordable price, the best bet is to get away from the idiot box for a few hours and take a stroll around and see whats around

As you said, there are so many places in Bangkok now - but you can actually waste a lot of time strolling around and hoping to find what you want.

Too many restaurants/bars think they can become a wine destination just by putting some on their menu. Far too many again end up serving over priced, poor quality wines in tiny portions.

I am all up for exploring, and perhaps randomly coming across something which suits my tastes - but getting recommendations is a big help.

Well said seavisionburma. I've been bangkok maybe 25 times over the past 10 years, am new to this forum, no way an expert, and making the move to bkk in 2 weeks. Once again I will state I no nothing in the grand scale of things, but in my experience bkk is a city that's only going to go one way. In the same way 70 baht to the pound will never be seen again, bkk will slowly but surely divide/separate and possible even conquer all existing and past pre-conceptions. IMO of course. And getting back to the point, recommendation are so helpful. I certainly could use a few pointers when i arrive

Food Court at the top of Central Chidlom has decent, relatively inexpensive wine. Good selection of food vendors around. People watching.

Thai alcohol selling hours may apply, can't remember; it's been a while.

• Like 1

I'm reluctant to share this hidden jewel, but here goes- Grand Hyatt Erawan wine bar (on ground floor opposite from Spasso)- wine specials after work start at 99 baht per glass; nice tapas table (200 baht i think for a selection) . Other good thing is that it gets full around 530-7 pm, so its a good after work spot in terms of atmosphere.

• Like 1

I'm reluctant to share this hidden jewel, but here goes- Grand Hyatt Erawan wine bar (on ground floor opposite from Spasso)- wine specials after work start at 99 baht per glass; nice tapas table (200 baht i think for a selection) . Other good thing is that it gets full around 530-7 pm, so its a good after work spot in terms of atmosphere.

Shh. Don't tell anyone about this little gem!

• Like 1