Fly Tandem Over The Bay Of Phang Nga ?

nathoudu38

Hi!

We are a young French couple who goes to visit thailand in January ( 9/01 to 29/01).

I am looking for two tandem paragliders to fly over the bay of Phang Nga. I will offer this experience for my husband's Christmas.

We will be equipped with a HD Go Pro and a HD camera to make a nice movie.

You know of passionate or a company that can fly ?

Would really great!

Thank you for your help!

Nathalie

the paragliders usually go of the cliff on the andaman side at the wind turbines between nai harn and ya nui beaches. they need the onshore wind to stop them been pushed out to sea and to give uplift from the cliffs.

i think they have a guy over there that does tandem but obviously, it all depends on the wind.

if you want the motorized paragliders, i've seen them flying over town some evenings but don't know the details. i kind of doubt any would fly over phangna bay, sounds suicidal.

Hello!

I did not know it was dangerous, but I do not know much about the paramotor.

I saw this video:

And I found the experience amazing. The view is amazing, and I found the paramotor well because it does not pollute and this is the cheapest I think.

Because I found a company that makes the same thing in a helicopter, but it is very expensive.

If you have any tips I'm all ears.

That video of a motorised paraglider was posted on this board a year or two ago.

The pilot/photographer was, from memory, touring around the country recording these videos.

I think it was a one off, by a particular individual, and he's not here now, nor was he available for tourist rides.

I could be wrong.

Yes you're right.

This is not a company.

I am looking for a passionate who wants to make some money by bringing two tourists see this landscape. Or association, or corporation.

Paramotor or ULM or helicopter...

A helicopter is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much safer.

http://www.skydance.aero/Thailand-Helicopter-Tours.html

Yes you're right.

This is not a company.

I am looking for a passionate who wants to make some money by bringing two tourists see this landscape. Or association, or corporation.

http://www.skydance....pter-Tours.html

i love helicopters but 11000baht for half hour is a bit out of my price range. that paramotor thing looks absolutely awesome, and dangerous but i'd try it for views like that

does anyhow know anything about a boat tour of the bay islands?

what about a small private plane, something like a little Cessna 172? does anyone do charters out from the airport? that should be a small fraction of the cost of a helicopter.

there was a couple of pilots at the TV party last week. we talked a bit about flying club. that would be pretty cool to do something like that but i know general aviation is a big problem in Thailand, nothing like in the states where you can strap a propeller to anything and fly it.

Edited by stevehaigh

Yes you're right.

This is not a company.

http://www.skydance....pter-Tours.html

i love helicopters but 11000baht for half hour is a bit out of my price range. that paramotor thing looks absolutely awesome, and dangerous but i'd try it for views like that

does anyhow know anything about a boat tour of the bay islands?

Yes, it’s expensive. I paid about same in Maui a few years ago. I wonder if the safety standards and pilot experience is comparable too.

If you've never tried paragliding I urge you to try it. It is the cheapest way to fly and also gives the best sense of flying as your sitting there with nothing beneath you. If after this you can choose to try para-motoring. Quite safe. Only a stall at height would cause you to miss your golf game on Sunday. The phuket paragliding access is limited but pattaya is better. Still a growing albeit small sport/activity in LOS. Last time I checked about 1 year ago, I needed to buy my own wing and motor. About 300'000B. Could find lower range models at around 200'000B. Still cheap compared to buying say, a plane.