Is Your Thai Wife/gf A Great Cook?

SiameseCurios

Picking up birds in the Frog and Nightgown?

Sorry -- don't know the pub you're referring to.

But I do remember the George Inn in Borough High Street. It dates back to the seventeenth century and is a gem.

Back in 1991, a barmaid called JADE worked there. She was part Sri Lankan; an art student; very tall; wore cycling shots; and was as hot as you can get.

I could go on .......... but I won't. Some things ought to remain private.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking up birds in the Frog and Nightgown?

Sorry -- don't know the pub you're referring to.

But I do remember the George Inn in Borough High Street. It dates back to the seventeenth century and is a gem.

Back in 1991, a barmaid called JADE worked there. She was part Sri Lankan; an art student; very tall; wore cycling shots; and was as hot as you can get.

I could go on .......... but I won't. Some things ought to remain private.

On Borough High St I always preferred the Blue Eyed Maid. They do a curry deal upstairs nowadays for £5 I think still for their lunch buffet.

One of the best bargains in London that is....perhaps up to £6-7 now...its been a while.

Anyway for more action the Valentine was always good fun back in the early '90's....!

I think that using non stick cookware isn't a good idea. The chemicals that leech outta them aren't very healthy. Instead use well seasoned cast iron cookware. A bit of soaking to aid in clean up and then the occasional reseasoning makes a better cooking instrument, that only adds a little iron to your food.

Anyway in answer to a post that disappeared last night, I dont know if the question was questioning the veracity of the post or my wifes cooking ablility.

From what I remember,

1. No Mexican cheese, the fridge has about 4 kilos of cheese in it as of 5 minutes ago, Red Leicester, Double Gloucester, Cracker Barrel and Monterey Jack.

2. Yes the wife makes her own refried beans, Pinto beans readily available in Bkk.

3. Yes the wife makes her own Salsa, which one do you want, Garlic, Tomato, or Hot and Spicy?

4. Yes the wife can make her own tortillas, why should she, readily available in Bkk.

so when are we being invited for a sunday afternoon meal :D

• Like 1

I think that using non stick cookware isn't a good idea. The chemicals that leech outta them aren't very healthy. Instead use well seasoned cast iron cookware. A bit of soaking to aid in clean up and then the occasional reseasoning makes a better cooking instrument, that only adds a little iron to your food.

So where does one find cast iron cookware in LOS? I can't find a cast iron frypan anywhere.

So where does one find cast iron cookware in LOS? I can't find a cast iron frypan anywhere.

They often are given away as raffle prizes at the Thai Visa 10th anniversary parties... I sat next to the chap who won it last night thumbsup.gif

They often are given away as raffle prizes at the Thai Visa 10th anniversary parties... I sat next to the chap who won it last night thumbsup.gif

What??? If only we'd known that was the prize! tongue.png

Hafele* showroom on Sukhumvit Road, Pattaya. That was some time ago, don't know if it's still there.

* - sorry, no umlauts.

Edited by SimonD

The answer is a big yes..my dad in Canada mistook chillies for tomatoes....poor guy ....

.Have all but banned MSG in or house but pretty much everything else goes...prawns still give me the shits but just love Tamarind and garlic prawns..... worth the suffering.next morning.......smile.png

There's no evidence that Teflon causes any health issues at all, and when not subjected to excessive heat or conspiracy blogs, it's perfectly safe to use cooking implements coated with it.

soooo? is your wife or GF a good cook or not?....

<deleted> has Teflon or...got to do with it...

Chuck it in a pot/pan throw in whatever ,suck on some wine or beer or .....and .......that's the way to enjoy food ...eh?

Oops..... eating left over chicken curry tonight it seems...yum clap2.gif

My wife almost always cooks mouth watering meals, problem is that she came from a big family and usuall cooks way too much so we end up giving it away to family and neighbours, and they are always eager to receive.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Yes my wife is the greatest.....when we lived in Australia and had dinner parties, those who we could not fit in basically begged to be invited for the next one.

I used to do a lot of cooking myself until my wife started doing "my" dishes better than me.....how can one compete against that?

So now here in LOS I am content, yet spoilt as when we travel or eat out, I find myself comparing the food to what I get at home.....and you guessed it, just doesn't measure up.

• Like 1