Using My Re-Entry Permit: Anything To Watch Out For?

I entered LOS w/a Non-O-Thai Wife visa on May 28th of this year. We were married in the US.

I got a 60 day extension of stay, then got my 1 year extension of stay and my multiple re-entry permit thanks in no small part to the helpful advice from folks here on TV.

Now my mom is ill so I need to head back to the US for a month and I recall reading either on TV or perhaps another site about someone who had issues with the stamp he/she received on arrival and that it was the wrong date of expiration. I did a search tonight and didn't find the post.

So aside from checking to make absolutely sure that the new visa stamp (that I am assuming I'll get upon my return to Suvarnabuhmi) expiry matches my extension of stay expiry before walking away from the immigration officer, is there anything else to watch out for in this process of returning home to Thailand? As we all know it would be a bloody shame to have all the work, money, and too many trips to Chaeng Wattana screwed up by some oversight upon my return!

Thanks in advance!

Agree, it should be quite straight-forward. You fill in the usual white entry/departure card prior to approaching immigration as you re-enter.

The official should then staple into your passport the departure portion of the card, which should be stamped with two dates - the day you re-entered, and the date your extension of stay is valid until. The latter should be the same as marked on your extension of stay (elsewhere in your passport). You do not get a new visa! AA

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for your help here.

I actually printed out Crossy's, aarn's, and Mario2008's advice onto a small piece of paper that I kept with my passport and used these instructions as I departed and in filling out my arrival card. This was invaluable as I was "that sick guy" on the plane coming back with a nasty cold and in no condition to make sense of much. Having all this written out made my life so much easier, and yep, all went well coming back here.

Perhaps one day I will be able to give advice here as good as you guys provide!

Thanks a million! wai.gif

PS. I was in good company as far as being sick, as a departure from Chicago ORD in winter seems to = lots of sneezing and coughing for the whole flight.

Edited by emanphoto