St Georges Day Should Be A Holiday.

redrus

Not Thai related at all but,..... :o

Its your duty to vote, you other nationalities can vote too eh, get it passed for us. :D

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a public holiday

(After this year).

Click on the link below to vote, the site needs at least 1,000,000 votes

for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday and

I know you are up for that!

Pass the address on to whoever you can

St Georges Day vote.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Thai related at all but,..... :o

Its your duty to vote, you other nationalities can vote too eh, get it passed for us. :D

(After this year).

St Georges Day vote.

It's well overdue. Aren't there some who claim that the holiday could be preceived as racist?

Not Thai related at all but,..... :D

(After this year).

St Georges Day vote.

It's well overdue. Aren't there some who claim that the holiday could be preceived as racist?

How'd ya work that out fella....? :o

redrus

Always up for more holidays :o Everyone else gets to celebrate their Patrons day, but we English wouldnt want to be non pc so that is why we dont celebrate that and why hot cross buns are being banned in schools, in case it offends. Sorry dont get me started, i have voted and sent it on to everyone i know(so that will be at least 2 votes) :D

Always up for more holidays :D Everyone else gets to celebrate their Patrons day, but we English wouldnt want to be non pc so that is why we dont celebrate that and why hot cross buns are being banned in schools, in case it offends. Sorry dont get me started, i have voted and sent it on to everyone i know(so that will be at least 2 votes) :D

:o

redrus

Rus sort your avatar mate, yours is the only one i cant see, now i know most of your posts are as interesting as the little red cross that currently resides in the corner of your picture, but it would be nice to see something a little more interesting. :D:o

Rus sort your avatar mate, yours is the only one i cant see, now i know most of your posts are as interesting as the little red cross that currently resides in the corner of your picture, but it would be nice to see something a little more interesting. :D:o

With respect my old monkey molester, the problem yours not mine.....!

Father Jack is the avatar, there's one or two others only that can't see it. Most can....!

redrus

Father Jack is the avatar, there's one or two others only that can't see it. Most can....!

redrus

Well to that i say <deleted> AND ARSE :D Sorry back on topic, it seems as though you cant cheat on the vote, tried voting loads of times and it wont let me.

redrus

Well to that i say <deleted> AND ARSE :D Sorry back on topic, it seems as though you cant cheat on the vote, tried voting loads of times and it wont let me.

Can you not just keep opening it as new page then re-vote....?

redrus

There was an article in the Times last year about why we don't celebrate St Georges day. The guy who wrote it pointed out that being English was so fabulous that there was no need to brag and make everyone else feel inferior :o

There was an article in the Times last year about why we don't celebrate St Georges day. The guy who wrote it pointed out that being English was so fabulous that there was no need to brag and make everyone else feel inferior :D

Well thats true of course, but i dont think Rus wanted to rub those non English noses in it. :o

There was an article in the Times last year about why we don't celebrate St Georges day. The guy who wrote it pointed out that being English was so fabulous that there was no need to brag and make everyone else feel inferior :D

Well thats true of course, but i dont think Rus wanted to rub those non English noses in it. :o

Yeah I think he was thinking more along the lines of, beer, holiday, beer, holiday, BEER, HOILDAY! :D

Yeah I think he was thinking more along the lines of, beer, holiday, beer, holiday, BEER, HOILDAY! :D

You know me don't ya..... :D

redrus

I'm all for more bank holidays in England but why St Georges day? Most people in England are not that religious and St George was a turkish saint anyway! What do you want Morris Dancers and a celebration of poor food? Surely we should pick another day - sometime in June when the weather is better and school is not yet on holiday! Why do we have to follow the Irish and their mass patriotism! One of the best things about being English is that we dont shove it down other peoples throats like Scots, welsh, Irish, Oz's, Kiwi's, Yanks and paticularly Canadians! We dont need it!

More holidays yes!

Flag waving for no reason - no thanks!

We have the world cup and thrashing the ozzies at cricket for that already!!

Edited by mittheimp

I'm all for more bank holidays in England but why St Georges day? Most people in England are not that religious and St George was a turkish saint anyway! What do you want Morris Dancers and a celebration of poor food? Surely we should pick another day - sometime in June when the weather is better and school is not yet on holiday! Why do we have to follow the Irish and their mass patriotism! One of the best things about being English is that we dont shove it down other peoples throats like Scots, welsh, Irish, Oz's, Kiwi's, Yanks and paticularly Canadians! We dont need it!

More holidays yes!

55555, and you talk of not pushing things down throats..... :o

I'll stick with patriotism and ol Georgie boy.....

redrus

More holidays yes!

55555, and you talk of not pushing things down throats..... :o

I'll stick with patriotism and ol Georgie boy.....

redrus

What does 555555 mean? and I cant see your picture thingy either!