St Georges Day Should Be A Holiday.

redrus

We, the English, celebrate the patron saints days of the Irish, Scottish and Welsh people. And so we should. The sad truth is St. George is glossed over by the media, for example. Come St Georges day news readers fail to mention it. Unlike the other 'saints days' of Britain. Why?

This is in part due to the use of the St. Georges cross by the legitimate right wing parties of Britain. For example, the BNP is the 4th largest party. By this I do not include the likes of Combat 18, N.F etc.

The erroneous view that the St. Georges cross is in some way racist has been propagated by the ultra PC to appease the Islamists. Who, in warped PC logic, are encouraged to promote their flags.

Mr Brown and his British Day is just an attempt to undo some of the damage. Most Brits, even those who live abroad, are decent and proud of their country. Despite years of Labour errosion.

I hope that St George's day will be observed and all those who live under the flag will feel free and protected.

I think you are forgetting the Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru, United Kingdom Independent party, all of which polled significantly more at the last general election - even Respect party has more representation at Westminster than the BNP.

If you find a political party that deliberately stirs up racial, religious and cultural conflict - (not for progressive and constructive debate) to serve its own needs -legitimate then perhaps politically you are closer to some of the more extreme Islamists that you despise. One only has to look at the BNP website to understand the insidious, vile, racist, dogmatic party they really are.

Yes their leaders were cleared of racial crimes last week but only on a technicality and only on a majority decision. They deliberately sail close to the wind because they know that progress through legitimate political process is beyond them.

One reason why I don't particularly support the move for St Georges day is that inevitably it will be hijacked by political ignorants propagating this kind of nonsense!

Edited by mittheimp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Mittheimp, please clamber down from your soapbox.

I am sure my comments were most critical of PC Liberals and not Islamists, which I made no comment on.

Your view of the BNP is your own. Let's remember I made no remarks of support or condemnation of my own.

Please push sail past your 'all is well' mantra and read my final push for a decent day where the English may be allowed a moment of pride.

And before you berate me, please read some of the manifesto of the UKIP. You seem to find them less offensive than the BNP.

My post was regarding St George's cross, right wing politics and the neo PC. Not who can deride the UK the most.

I think that it is a crime that the Queen's birthday is not a holiday in the UK, when she has been on the throne for fifty years; and it is a holiday in Australia!?

Dont worry....hopefully soon we can call it Presidents Day...... :D:o

Agree...its time the old Dutch was pensioned off...give us all a break........that could be a good time for a holiday. :D

Mr. Mittheimp, please clamber down from your soapbox.

I am sure my comments were most critical of PC Liberals and not Islamists, which I made no comment on.

Your view of the BNP is your own. Let's remember I made no remarks of support or condemnation of my own.

Please push sail past your 'all is well' mantra and read my final push for a decent day where the English may be allowed a moment of pride.

And before you berate me, please read some of the manifesto of the UKIP. You seem to find them less offensive than the BNP.

My post was regarding St George's cross, right wing politics and the neo PC. Not who can deride the UK the most.

Actually I'm not a fan of UKIP at all. A Fly on the wall documentary following Killroy around in his UKIP days showed him to be the most tolerant, well adjusted ,normal and likable member of the party - which takes some doing!!! The 602,498 people who voted for them at the last election probably only knew them as an anti European party and nothing more.

As for being on my soap box - well isnt that the point of the exercise!! Were you not on yours! But i take your point about not showing support for the BNP - although many would take issue that they are a legitimate political party (and they are certainly not the forth biggest UK party :o !).

mittheimp

the latest idiotic neo pc that i've read this week is

'the headmistres of a school has decided that we must remove the CROSS from the hot cross bun as it may offend the jehova's witness in our school' :o

Ah! Mittheimp (where does that name come from), now that we are on a similar wave length. I have seen local elections that put the BNP as the 4th party. Maybe my knowledge of Brit politics is letting me down. Let's face it my post was not about politics.

The BNP is far from a party I would wish to lead Britain but we are being sold down the river by the ship of PC fools at the helm. Why should my heritage be hushed aside in favour of more abrasive beliefs from the 3rd world?

As for hot cross buns! Would it make any real difference if they were hot triangle buns?

Should we be forced to wish eachother "happy holidays" in case we offened thin skinned Islamists?

Should I remove my flag?

I would enjoy a St Georges day and would drink and clap hands with anyone that would wish me well.

All the best. Maybe I shall share a pint of real ale in an Irish pub in Thailand with you.

Ah! Mittheimp (where does that name come from), now that we are on a similar wave length. I have seen local elections that put the BNP as the 4th party. Maybe my knowledge of Brit politics is letting me down. Let's face it my post was not about politics.

The BNP is far from a party I would wish to lead Britain but we are being sold down the river by the ship of PC fools at the helm. Why should my heritage be hushed aside in favour of more abrasive beliefs from the 3rd world?

As for hot cross buns! Would it make any real difference if they were hot triangle buns?

Should we be forced to wish eachother "happy holidays" in case we offened thin skinned Islamists?

Should I remove my flag?

I would enjoy a St Georges day and would drink and clap hands with anyone that would wish me well.

All the best. Maybe I shall share a pint of real ale in an Irish pub in Thailand with you.

I am always very suspicious of these overzealous PC stories. The infamous banning of bar bar black sheep was the view of some well meaning crazy middle aged white woman in Birmingham which had no support from any ethnic minority group - but the tabloids still got hold of it and put their slant on it - and maybe the same goes for hot cross buns!

I work at a multi ethnic school in London - and nothing so bizarrely PC ever happens like that!

Be very suspicious of the Daily Mail and its ilk!

Not Thai related at all but,..... :o

Its your duty to vote, you other nationalities can vote too eh, get it passed for us. :D

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a public holiday

(After this year).

Click on the link below to vote, the site needs at least 1,000,000 votes

for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday and

I know you are up for that!

Pass the address on to whoever you can

St Georges Day vote.

I would vote if it meant sending all the english back to england for the day give us some peace..

Alot of Brits have a negative attitude. They need to pull their thumbs out of there butts and come to terms with the fact that they no nonger have an empire!

I'm English and I have never given much the British Empire much thought. There's been heaps of empires. It's not exactly a new concept.