Strawberry Picking

ShopBoy

If you want to be physically smashed and underpayed for picking fruit then go to Australia, still better paid than here,

A few years ago I saw news of people complaining for the immigrants and the outside helpers from abroad that they were breaking thier back bending over to pick up some kind of seafood at minimum wage in Canada. That's some 6 dollars an hour, a lot of bahts. What's wrong with that? I used to work at B1.60 an hour and later B2.25 an hour and I was elated. Had there been people complaining for me for working like a slave, I might not have had worked so hard then and began to demand more for working less.

Picking strawberry is a day out enjoying. I did that in the orchards while in the States all the time. I think I had asked this question once before like shopboy but there were no reponses. I guess people like to buy them in supermarkets which are readily avialable.

Edited by muchogra

Maybe picking strawberries yourself means you get good strawberries , not like a bag we bought from a roadside seller on the road to Queen Sirikit Gardens last year. On top were 4 large , but tasteless strawberries, and then underneath were few rotten ones and the rest of the bag was leaves. Not worth getting upset about and/or going back to get another similar bag.

Here is a link to the exact place you can strawberry pick PYO.

It also has a little coffee shop/restaurant on site.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=chiang+mai+tiger+kingdom&hl=en&ll=18.854658,98.752222&spn=0.001564,0.003047&sll=19.015607,98.942233&sspn=0.003124,0.006094&t=h&hq=tiger+kingdom&hnear=Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&z=19&layer=c&cbll=18.854597,98.752207&panoid=2nesBjX4UNQxhuYZdr8O_Q&cbp=12,39.8,,0,10.17

Obviously, you can 'zoom' out to get the location.

Couple of things to bear in mind......

1. They might have already picked the 'decent' ones already.

2. The ones the GF picked were pathetic, to say the least!

2. Gotta be honest, Thai strawberries are hard, small and pretty tasteless.

• Like 2

If you want to be physically smashed and underpayed for picking fruit then go to Australia, still better paid than here,

A few years ago I saw news of people complaining for the immigrants and the outside helpers from abroad that they were breaking thier back bending over to pick up some kind of seafood at minimum wage in Canada. That's some 6 dollars an hour, a lot of bahts. What's wrong with that? I used to work at B1.60 an hour and later B2.25 an hour and I was elated. Had there been people complaining for me for working like a slave, I might not have had worked so hard then and began to demand more for working less.

Picking strawberry is a day out enjoying. I did that in the orchards while in the States all the time. I think I had asked this question once before like shopboy but there were no reponses. I guess people like to buy them in supermarkets which are readily avialable.

The problem I find with strawberries in Thailand. They are picked when half ripe and unlike other fruit they do not continue to ripen they just go from half ripe to bad. That must have been quite a few years back when minimum wage was $6.00 per hour. Now it is $10.00 in most provinces and try to find someone who will work for that. Most companies are paying a starting wage of $15.00 per hour.

Here is a link to the exact place you can strawberry pick PYO.

It also has a little coffee shop/restaurant on site.

https://maps.google....2,39.8,,0,10.17

Obviously, you can 'zoom' out to get the location.

Couple of things to bear in mind......

1. They might have already picked the 'decent' ones already.

2. The ones the GF picked were pathetic, to say the least!

2. Gotta be honest, Thai strawberries are hard, small and pretty tasteless.

looks good thanks for the link.

i went to Mon Cham yesterday there are a few strawberry farms along the way. I stop by some roadside stores and seeing how small the strawberries are i don't bother going into any farms at all maybe i will until later of the month.

will update here again.

Edited by ShopBoy

i have been off Strawberries ever since I asked the man that

was emptying our cess pit where do you dump that stuff,?

The answer was Strawberry Fields forever,

So make sure you give them a good washing before you eat

them.

Regards Worgeordie

them.

Regards Worgeordie

you mean they spray the whole dump truck at the field ? crazy.gif

them.

Regards Worgeordie

Seen them pumping the contents of tanker onto the ground surrounding lamyai trees.

them.

Regards Worgeordie

Well I have never seen them dump it on the fields, thats where he said he was taking it,

Anyway lots of 3rd world countries use human waste as fertilizer,nothing wrong with it if they

are growing potatoes,corn or root vegetables, that you cook first, Strawberries would be ok if

you made jam with them.

Regards Worgeordie