Westerner Murdered On Phuket In Execution Style

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"who had been either dumped or drowned in a Pond."

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

Not much of a professional assassin are we?

CSI 101: I ALWAYS turf the bodies inside a sack into a khlong after the shooting, stabbing and strangling just in case the blighter's are still kicking.

Sheesh!

RIP unknown Phuket vicitim. I hope justice is served.

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

He could have been stabbed, dumped in the pond and then drowned. They will need a post mortem to find the cause of death. This has happened in other cases around the world. It is obviously still too early to know the exact cause of death. So perhaps you should keep quiet instead of making nonsense comments.

I have it on unreliable authority that it was suicide !

• Like 1

Hope they don't try to pin this one on the man-eating tiger. sad.png

An uncalled for, unfair and just plain ignorant comment. sad.png

Glad you liked it so much. smile.png

The victims father had requested the Phuket media to publish that his son did not board a flight home & was missing. Just for a moment consider that if the father comes across this site and reads your post. Do you really think he will be amused or rather angered by your complete lack of empathy.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

“Where the body was found is an isolated location, it is not a surprise someone tried to hide the body there,” said Col Kraithong.

I don't think that they were playing hide and seek. Guess they wanted that somebody finds that body, as there 're multiple other ways that his body would never be found.

Pigs do a good job, the ocean is deeper as it seems etc....immigration throughout Thailand should be able to identify the body, properly TVF members. RIP.-wai2.gif

Another disagreement that got lost in translation on the island of crime and death.

For sure he got involved with the wrong people.

Business conflict? Unwise to mess with the locals rice bowl...

I fear Puket's reputation is becoming tarnished. It appears that tourist are still not afraid of travelling to Puket. Just curious, I wonder how Puket's crime rates stand with other major tourist destinations? coffee1.gif

actually its probably no worse than anywhere else overall. "unexpected mortaltity" is far more common throughout Asia and its really only when a foreigner is involved that it becomes newsworthy. This chap, rest his soul, was obviously involved in something other than plain tourism to end up as he did. I thought the fact that the phuket cops sorted out the recent bag snatch quickly was to be commended.

Extremely conflicting reports (x3), I wonder if it is the same as a a litmus test - overlay the three reports, all commonly reported variables (in this case a 90kg man was found deceased with knife wounds in Phuket), and the rest is editorial speculation.

The wounds do not communicate execution style, rather gangland torture techniques to extort money or information from the deceased. A knife wound to the achilles heel, or calf muscle is a very painful wound, though not immediately fatal until the victim bleeds out (or likely dies of shock beforehand).

Sounds like the Police will label this one on a local - I will believe the story when they come up with a confirmed alibi and a suspect willing to plead guilty, and backed up by either fact or testimony of others within the community (expat or Thai). Until then, it may have been dumb luck or someone with local friends from out of town that dumped the body there.

I would suggest most Thais know well rubber plantations are checked on fairly regularly so know therefore it is not the best place to hide a body above ground, but a great way to have the body found. The murderer did not want to hide the body, but wanted people to know that crossing him/her.them was not a good idea, I would speculate.

As a lost note, getting details wrong and publishing them is embarrassing, and shameful in the case of a fatality of any sort. And we all know it happens in almost every murder reported on. They really should do a "crack down" on crappy inaccurate reporting, with three particular newspapers constantly having a competition to see who can create the most sensationalist headline, accurate or not, to get the attention of the reader.

Edited by TheGhostWithin
  • Like 2

Another disagreement that got lost in translation on the island of crime and death.

For sure he got involved with the wrong people.

Absolutely agree and another one of the nameless statistics.

In a few days this case will all be forgotten along with the victim.

For those who become involved here, do so at their own risk and discretion.

Glad I visited Phuket a few years ago now.

Happy living in Bangkok with no ambition whatsoever to return.

I am sure it will have no effect on tourism though.

Just that there is much nicer and safer places in Thailand to holiday.

Silly, off-topic post.

No one cares where you're too scared to travel to, Noddy.

What's "off-topic" here? The crime happened on Phuket - and he mentioned Phuket in his post.

Phuket is really not a good and safe place to stay (regarding so many bad news about that island within the last years) - and he said that are there are safer places in Thailand. What's "off-topic"?

Execution style ? Obviously mixing the wrong people ? Dumped somewhere where the body would be found ? Jeez how about being in the wrong place ,wrong time ..or innocently picking up the wrong girl with the crazed jealous thug boyfriend ?

It's not so difficult to inadvertently find yourself in deep shit ,without necessarily having crossed paths with dodgy property dealing Mafia types !!!

• Like 1

Glad I visited Phuket a few years ago now.

Happy living in Bangkok with no ambition whatsoever to return.

I am sure it will have no effect on tourism though.

Just that there is much nicer and safer places in Thailand to holiday.

Phuket does appear rather regularly I have to agree.

Then again so does Pattaya.

Bangkok is not exactly a safe haven either, just depends where you live! Exactly the same in Phuket and Pattaya.

It also gets more dangerous when you are involved with criminals. I am not saying this is definitely the case here as we don't yet know. just that they quote "execution style".

The vast majority of crimes we read about involve people involved themselves. In this respect thailand is no different to any other country.

The majority of violent crime is always in the most densly populated areas.

Not as many ponds in Bangkok thank God...last farang to drown in a 6 inch deep pond was in Samui wasn't it?"No suspicious circumstances"...whistling.gif

Execution style would suggest bound and gagged on knee's with a bullet to the the back of the head.

Not seeing the connection to "execution style" in this instance but hey lets not let reality get in the way of an attention grabbing headline.

It sounds self inflicted to me but then I'm no forensics expert. Neither are the Thai authoriities. I expect them to agree with me.

I think the deceased will be found to have owned a ground floor apartment; hence no balcony to jump from.

The description has me worried as it fits everyone I know here in Pattaya: old, bald, fat.

I'm spending the day ringing round friends to see if it is them. Some of them, the most hardened of drinkers will travel miles to find the cheapest Chang so Phuket doesn't bar them from an iced beer - if the price is right.

I wrote only last week of when the next horrific rape and murder would occur in Phuket. Maybe things are getting better if we've just got the danger of being horrifically murdered. If rape/murder is reducing at least our wives and daughters will survive us.

What a way to go. Terrible. I expect the criminal thinks that the watch they stole and the mobile phone too makes the crime worth while. The value of a life then. Of cours eit could be something more sinister such as the ubiquitous business conflict. The definition being some low life criminal Thai wanted to extort money from you. A request with menaces that you declined.

Will anyone ever be found responsible? What do you think?

Well that's certainly not a place high on my bucket list. Bucket list. Things to do before you die. Just before you die actually. Stabbed. Strangled. Asphixiated.

Thai forensics to the rescue then. But to be fair they are developing a new technology to Thailand in their sterling efforts to reduce crime. It's called finger printing and a Police report explained it as being something to with lines on the skin a bit like a road map where you can find a good place to eat before you get there. Maybe have som tam too.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Looks like someone started hitting the Laokow early this morning. Save your drivel for the bar stools where you bore the working girls with your miserable life and insights. Thanks.

• Like 1

It sounds self inflicted to me but then I'm no forensics expert. Neither are the Thai authoriities. I expect them to agree with me.

I think the deceased will be found to have owned a ground floor apartment; hence no balcony to jump from.

The description has me worried as it fits everyone I know here in Pattaya: old, bald, fat.

I'm spending the day ringing round friends to see if it is them. Some of them, the most hardened of drinkers will travel miles to find the cheapest Chang so Phuket doesn't bar them from an iced beer - if the price is right.

I wrote only last week of when the next horrific rape and murder would occur in Phuket. Maybe things are getting better if we've just got the danger of being horrifically murdered. If rape/murder is reducing at least our wives and daughters will survive us.

What a way to go. Terrible. I expect the criminal thinks that the watch they stole and the mobile phone too makes the crime worth while. The value of a life then. Of cours eit could be something more sinister such as the ubiquitous business conflict. The definition being some low life criminal Thai wanted to extort money from you. A request with menaces that you declined.

Will anyone ever be found responsible? What do you think?

Well that's certainly not a place high on my bucket list. Bucket list. Things to do before you die. Just before you die actually. Stabbed. Strangled. Asphixiated.

Thai forensics to the rescue then. But to be fair they are developing a new technology to Thailand in their sterling efforts to reduce crime. It's called finger printing and a Police report explained it as being something to with lines on the skin a bit like a road map where you can find a good place to eat before you get there. Maybe have som tam too.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Looks like someone started hitting the Laokow early this morning. Save your drivel for the bar stools where you bore the working girls with your miserable life and insights. Thanks.

Your welcome.