Westerner Murdered On Phuket In Execution Style

webfact

Why this burning desire amongst some posters to know exactly what was the cause of death of the poor bloke?

I think it is more wishful thinking about a good researched article, backed by the good work of the police and some good reporting, follow up and...oh...mai pen rai!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He had suffered head trauma and been stabbed multiple times in the head, torso and ankles, according to sources."

No country has executed criminals like this to my knowledge. Why do journalist love to refer to murders as "executions".

Glad I visited Phuket a few years ago now.

Happy living in Bangkok with no ambition whatsoever to return.

I am sure it will have no effect on tourism though.

Just that there is much nicer and safer places in Thailand to holiday.

Silly, off-topic post.

No one cares where you're too scared to travel to, Noddy.

As caustic as ever, I see. Time doesn't improve you much, eh.

The post is not off-topic. Having lived there, I agree with him, although would probably substitute 'in Thailand' with 'in the world'.

It sounds self inflicted to me but then I'm no forensics expert. Neither are the Thai authoriities. I expect them to agree with me.

I think the deceased will be found to have owned a ground floor apartment; hence no balcony to jump from.

The description has me worried as it fits everyone I know here in Pattaya: old, bald, fat.

How does 6 foot, 90kgs, well built, slightly balding and in his 30s turn into old, bald and fat? What is wrong with you people? Would you be so pathetically flippant if it were your son/dad/brother?

Edited by jackr

Why this burning desire amongst some posters to know exactly what was the cause of death of the poor bloke?

It's what we do.

And when we are proved right about our speculations, we quote the post and say: "See! See! I told ya, din't I?"

And then we go back to our anonymous lives feeling so much better.

• Like 2

It's what we do.

And when we are proved right about our speculations, we quote the post and say: "See! See! I told ya, din't I?"

And then we go back to our anonymous lives feeling so much better.

Hahaha... Nice. Thanks for clarifying.

The latest news is he was a Hungarian who had a business dispute with a Hungarian in Samui. Came to Phuket from Samui on 23rd, not been seen since. Undies match the same brand found in his Phuket apartment - CSI Pants

Yes, just heard and read the same. Looks like Samuit is trying to export its problems to Phuket :)

"who had been either dumped or drowned in a Pond."

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

Huh? He could have been stabbed non-lethally then thrown into the pond where he drowned. The coroner will need to see if water entered his lungs as evidence of drowning and whether the stab wounds were sufficient to cause death.

people who have been stabbed in the head dont usually drown

The latest news is he was a Hungarian who had a business dispute with a Hungarian in Samui. Came to Phuket from Samui on 23rd, not been seen since. Undies match the same brand found in his Phuket apartment - CSI Pants

Good job he didn't go commando as the BiB wouldn't be able to ID him.

So instead of carrying your passport and ID card around with you, just make sure you wear undies.

If the death is interconnected to the local Mafia and or the Police / Mafia relationship then more than likely the death will never be resolved.

Maybe he is the one foreigner that successfully refused to pay the Jet Ski scammers and offended them ( loss of face ) while refusing to pay

To a Thai thug that would be worthy of murdering a foreigner.

Edited by gemguy

It sounds self inflicted to me but then I'm no forensics expert. Neither are the Thai authoriities. I expect them to agree with me.

I think the deceased will be found to have owned a ground floor apartment; hence no balcony to jump from.

The description has me worried as it fits everyone I know here in Pattaya: old, bald, fat.

I'm spending the day ringing round friends to see if it is them. Some of them, the most hardened of drinkers will travel miles to find the cheapest Chang so Phuket doesn't bar them from an iced beer - if the price is right.

I wrote only last week of when the next horrific rape and murder would occur in Phuket. Maybe things are getting better if we've just got the danger of being horrifically murdered. If rape/murder is reducing at least our wives and daughters will survive us.

What a way to go. Terrible. I expect the criminal thinks that the watch they stole and the mobile phone too makes the crime worth while. The value of a life then. Of cours eit could be something more sinister such as the ubiquitous business conflict. The definition being some low life criminal Thai wanted to extort money from you. A request with menaces that you declined.

Will anyone ever be found responsible? What do you think?

Well that's certainly not a place high on my bucket list. Bucket list. Things to do before you die. Just before you die actually. Stabbed. Strangled. Asphixiated.

Thai forensics to the rescue then. But to be fair they are developing a new technology to Thailand in their sterling efforts to reduce crime. It's called finger printing and a Police report explained it as being something to with lines on the skin a bit like a road map where you can find a good place to eat before you get there. Maybe have som tam too.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wow! ............ even for TVF, who would have thought someone could stuff so much mindless and wild speculation, plus inanity, into a single post.

I, for one, would have - stretching a bit. Should we make antpet an honorary member of TVF (Thai Visa Forensics)?

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

If the death is interconnected to the local Mafia and or the Police / Mafia relationship then more than likely the death will never be resolved.

Maybe he is the one foreigner that successfully refused to pay the Jet Ski scammers and offended them ( loss of face ) while refusing to pay

To a Thai thug that would be worthy of murdering a foreigner.

As it now appears the people and their disputes were imported from Samui, would you be referring to the Samui mafia?

Whats the westerners murder rate on that Island compared to numbers living there?

• Like 1

Every day Phuket just sounds more and more appealing to me, seriously thinking of moving down there, CM is just so boring in comparison. But you do wonder is Phuket a vision of a disfunctional and corrupt mafia province and where Thailand is going in general or a glimpse of what the Thais don't want that will be dealt with and cleaned up, personally I'll put money on the former.

Hope they don't try to pin this one on the man-eating tiger. sad.png

An uncalled for, unfair and just plain ignorant comment. sad.png

Glad you liked it so much. smile.png

The victims father had requested the Phuket media to publish that his son did not board a flight home & was missing. Just for a moment consider that if the father comes across this site and reads your post. Do you really think he will be amused or rather angered by your complete lack of empathy.

From my experience, many posts are about RIP, and many post on various topics are totally void of empathy. That post was neither.

ThaIvisa is not particularly for the thin skinned.

And I would think that nothing in these posts can add more anxiety to the victim's father. His concerns are somewhere else....

Anything here would look petty compared to what he certainly already feels...

Edited by Andre0720

Phuket does appear rather regularly I have to agree.

Then again so does Pattaya.

Bangkok is not exactly a safe haven either, just depends where you live! Exactly the same in Phuket and Pattaya.

It also gets more dangerous when you are involved with criminals. I am not saying this is definitely the case here as we don't yet know. just that they quote "execution style".

The vast majority of crimes we read about involve people involved themselves. In this respect thailand is no different to any other country.

The majority of violent crime is always in the most densly populated areas.

More closely related to lifestyle than location. But can make a frightful combination.

Could it be that they see a reflection of themselves and their own lives when reading these reports - losing hair, gaining weight, nobody to report them missing, uncertain age ?

• Like 2

If I read the majority of the comments on this(or many other)topics I am still astonished that the western world is still alive without the wisdom of the long time "expats/experts" who has left farang land with the generous intention to educate third world Thailand how to do things right...oh my Buddha !! In regards to the OP:no action without reaction,mess around with the wrong people- and you are <deleted>... In many cases properly <deleted>... Not just in LOS.

• Like 2

Silly, off-topic post.

People seem shocked when crime happens in Phuket, like it would have to be impossible for smiling people who smile for your money reach out and touch somebody--and I'm talking about the foreigners, not the Thais. Statistically, there is such little crime reported in the media in Phuket, it's a wonder that there is such little crime with such high tourist turnover, alcohol consumption, drug running, human trafficking, and greed

"who had been either dumped or drowned in a Pond."

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

Huh? He could have been stabbed non-lethally then thrown into the pond where he drowned. The coroner will need to see if water entered his lungs as evidence of drowning and whether the stab wounds were sufficient to cause death.

Especially making note of the non-lethal "ankle stab wounds" ... <deleted>????

Silly, off-topic post.

TO: Old Croc - Noddy said nothing about fear. 'Nicer and Safer', are merely logical.

calm down.

usually mafia have good reason to execute mafia style. mafia style usually done to those in the game!!!!!!

no offense but pooket does draw a lot of foreign scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.gifbah.gifsick.gifgiggle.gifclap2.giflaugh.pngwink.pngthumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngwub.pngwai2.giftongue.pngclap2.gifw00t.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sirchai

Another disagreement that got lost in translation on the island of crime and death.

For sure he got involved with the wrong people.

Yes - make sure you don't but not so easy because others can involve you without your knowledge - money lenders involved in stolen and defrauded property is the classic way. In Thailand fault is never a consideration for these scum who will hunt you down even if you are the victim.

calm down.

usually mafia have good reason to execute mafia style. mafia style usually done to those in the game!!!!!!

no offense but pooket does draw a lot of foreign scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.gifbah.gifsick.gifgiggle.gifclap2.giflaugh.pngwink.pngthumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngwub.pngwai2.giftongue.pngclap2.gifw00t.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of scum of every nationality there but the Thais top the bunch.

Well it is marginally possible he committed suicide. Wrapped himself in garbage bags, then bound his self, while in the bags, then stabbed said self repeatedly, then disposed of the knife, then rolled into the pond to drown. Drowning himself was just a precaution, he had heard of people jumping from high places that continue to live.

Remember a few years back when affluent falung were kidnapped and tortured for their pin numbers.

Sounds just like it.

No, don't remember that, must have been in Pattaya.

Anyway, if you would have read the information you would know it was a problem between 2 Hungarian business partners on Samui.

Silly, off-topic post.

TO: Old Croc - Noddy said nothing about fear. 'Nicer and Safer', are merely logical.

Disagree. To say it is "safer" anywhere else implies there is a concern for the well being of anyone visiting Phuket. Literally millions of tourists enjoy their holidays on the Island every year without getting murdered!

It seems Noddy's experience of the province of Phuket consists of a short visit some time ago to the small sex and party town of Patong. With this vast experience he feels it neccesary to come on to a thread about some poor individuals murder and give tourist safety tips to the many thousands who read this board. He is not alone in this attitude.

As the victim, his murderer, and their dispute, seem to have been imported from Samui perhaps Noddy (Thomas Cooke) will need to update his travel alert.