Poster Of The Year Nominations

smokie36

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you asking to swap codes to the local comp SC?

No, I'm quite happy in general. If I went local, I'd only get one vote, and I'd have to register that myself as well...

SC

Bonobo and tigerfish....at least perhaps. biggrin.png

I was surprised tigerfish wasn't on gloating after last weekend.

I have to say that this was one of the most educational and helpful post I have ever written on any subject

SC

You should be saving this for the voting SC.....theblether and JT would never make such an elementary mistake. biggrin.png

I'm building up an early groundswell of opinion; and trying to show myself as a well-rounded individual, without posting a picture of my beer gut

SC

You should be saving this for the voting SC.....theblether and JT would never make such an elementary mistake. biggrin.png

I'm building up an early groundswell of opinion; and trying to show myself as a well-rounded individual, without posting a picture of my beer gut

SC

A pic of your gloves ight help win the female audience SC....I was certainly taken with them on a bitter evening recently....

SC

A pic of your gloves ight help win the female audience SC....I was certainly taken with them on a bitter evening recently....

In truely teasing fashion, here is a photo of one of them... unfortunately the battery is flat on the camera, so you'll all have to wait for the photo of the other one...

post-60794-0-14426200-1355051351_thumb.j

They've suffered a bit in the rain in Dubai

SC

• Like 1

SC

In truely teasing fashion, here is a photo of one of them... unfortunately the battery is flat on the camera, so you'll all have to wait for the photo of the other one...

SC

I thought you meant the gloves had batteries...they look like the type.

SC

SC

Dubai ???

I think it doesn't make you very popular on this forum these days if you mention you've been to Dubai .

I got some Aberdeen Kippers tonight.

It isn't relevant, but I thought I would share..... the info, not the kippers.

Serve with poached eggs in the morning.....nothing like a dish served cold...etc.etc...

And horseradish.

Come on Jingthing.....now is your chance to dazzle us all with your kipper recipe....might be a few votes in it for you!!

Or theblether....or the masterchef himself Chiangmaikelly......biggrin.png

Kippers and Brandy for Breakfast,my favourite Kippers recipe.

SC

SC

I thought you meant the gloves had batteries...they look like the type.

Ah! Salt and batteries.

For Jbrain:

The only fugitive I saw in Dubai wAs the Imam, but i had not charged my battery and couldn't get a picture. He's a veritable Tangerine pimpernel

Kippers and Brandy for Breakfast,my favourite Kippers recipe.

I had a lovely Cullen skink at Turnhouse, to accompany

my Deuchars IPA

I must try that.

What? Turnhouse, the IPA or the skink? A tremendous combination, by the way, if you are bound for foreign lands

No, I'm quite happy in general. If I went local, I'd only get one vote, and I'd have to register that myself as well...

SC

I used to think Smokie and SC was one and the same person. Turns out after all that this might not be the case. biggrin.png

SC

I used to think Smokie and SC was one and the same person. Turns out after all that this might not be the case. biggrin.png

Because they are both Scottish and sound the same?

Is there a prize for most suspensions in a year? I may be in the running for thatbiggrin.png

You probably not the only one.

I'd like to nominate metisdead for the best sense of humour poster.

laugh.png

Yep, he should share his humour a bit more

Because they are both Scottish and sound the same?

I think about half of the posters here are Scottish by the looks of it, including JT... wink.png

He wears the Jewish tartan - very small checks (my apologies - sometimes the old ones just slip out, as they said of grandpa's pyjamas)

I believe he's a follower of Rabbi Burns

Rabbi Burns??...I work near a place called Rabigh 100kms north of Jeddah...

them arabs gots you coming and going...('hey, do you know that this place is named after a Jew preacher?' and he strokes his beard and smiles: 'inshallah, senor...inshallah; it could be correct, as things are not always what they seem...and we just received some nice chocolate biscuits today...McVitties english')

Edited by tutsiwarrior

well...I've been called worse...howzabout indigenous folks in Bolivia shouting epithets in quechua?

'hey, I like whatchoo got under that pollera petticoat...'

'mana canchu (there is none for you) ye fake kan'ka (white boy) POS...'

('kan'ka' is to quecha speakers what 'gabacho' is to impolite mexicans when referring to white folks...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

SC

SC

Are the gloves to protect others from immediate blindness which results when looking at your incredibly white skin? :P

SC

Those look like one of mine that I left back in Canada. But, the other cool night coming down from Doi Suttthep on my scooter i actually felt I could use them. Anybody know where I can buy cheap motorbike gloves? The ones I see at the Honda dealer cost about 3000 baht or more.