The Promenada Shopping Mall, Opening Q1 2013. Will They Make It?

rcpilot

End of march!!! I think they call that "positive spin"

Of course reps from the company owners are going to be positive and in turn hope you are a potential tenant.

I think I said in a previous thread, May/June was more realistic; but having said that, I went by on saturday and there really was a skeleton workforce there at best.

From the video, really they are a long way off, no services in other than air con ductwork........but a rule of thumb in my 30yrs building experience on large sites was completion about 10 weeks after plastering complete.

Well its all to see I suppose, they certainly have to pull out all the stops if they want to achieve that deadline, when obviously tenants dont even have a prayer of getting their hands on their unit for a few months.

Well I think we all knew from the start it would not come in on time, Now viewing the video I have to agree with your time line.

How ever that is just a secondary thought to me. I am anxious to see if it lives up to it's hype.

Thanks for sharing my video Thailandebiz!

I added subtitles just now so you all understand.

Keen to know what you guys think? Will it be finished by March?

Thank you for translating smile.png great VDO

Has she called you on monday?

Thanks! :) She did, well not on monday.. But today. Next video is coming up soon. But for what she told me: It should be finished by the end of March.

I drive ny there everyday and there has been very little (noticable) progress in the last 6 months. 1st quarter 2013? No way. Looks like they are running a skeleton staff

I also drive past this venue several times every day. I agree, didn't seem to be much visible progress in the last few months, but I have noticed within the last few days there is substantial progress.

The opening is already way past the original date. I'm wondering whether the construction company is already suffering 'late' penalties. If so, perhaps missing the date again the penalties might even be higher. That would, if true, create a very big incentive to go all out / extra workers etc., to get it finished.

I'm hoping there will be multiple entrances to limit traffic congestion onto the main roads. Any CM members seen any information on this point?

Looking forward to the opening, It's a very convenient location for me, plus reports indicate that Rimping will have a very large branch in this complex.

Edited by scorecard

The Promenada was supposed to open its doors in Dec 2012. Before that, the announced opening date was in 2011. So, it may be justified to be a sceptic about the Q1 announcement, but judging from the construction progess, it looks like they will be able to make 2013. Perhaps one should remember the saying about counting unhatched chickens.

Cheers, CM-Expat