"zoomer" Or "click" - Which One Is The Better Buy?

albhol

I intend to to buy a bike for my girlfriend (and me), suitable for small purchases and everyday.

A low seat height is better for my girlfriend.

For my back is a comfortable suspension desirable.

The bike should be able to be carried on the back of a 4-door pickup.

Because I've done so far with Honda only good experiences, I want to stay with the brand.

My special interest lies in models "Zoomer-X" and "Click 125i" - which one is the better buy?

I can only speak about the new click 125i. If you are worried about the height then get your GF to sit on one in the shop first. They are quite a bit higher than the older models and I had to shave 1" off the seat foam. Other than that a fantastic bike - they all are really. Zoomer looks pretty cool though.

The decision is easy

Zoomer-X = kids bike + too expensive + no secure underseat storage + only a 108 cc air-cooled engine

Click = better seat position + large secure underseat storage + powerful 125i cc watercooled engine with idle-stop (if you like this)

I was dealing with the same problem last month...

Zoomer, my fav.. GF did not care which one... So my complete choice...

In the shop I changed from the zoomer to the click and here is why...

1, your GF can not ride the zoomer in a skirt as there will be free view for all with constant air flow...

2. The seat on the click is larger, at least I felt so.

3. The click has a combi break system.

4. 108cc vs 125, not for speeding either machine, but more cc when we are two up.

5. The click felt more "grown up".

So easy choice for me, I bought a click and I have not regretted it after. I like it so much that my ninja is collecting dust now...

Hello albhol.

Would agree, and go with the general concensus on a Click - much more refined, all round package.

Suspension is not briliant on either, but can be upgraded later. I have found the suspension is normally good for a couple of Years on these bikes tops if you're using it regularly, and if the roads aren't great where you live - and then becomes too soft / worn for two people - unless they're both lightweight.

You might want to measure the box on your truck, man, as a four door has a smaller bed than a two or three. My truck has a bigger bed than a four door, and I have to put a small bike in on an angle, to be able to close the tailgate. Even then, with the front tyre snug against the front of the liner, the door is touching the rear mudguard. You might be able to load it on with your tailgate permanently open, but I doubt you would be able to fit it on the truck with it closed. Could be wrong, of course, depending on the truck you have.

Good luck with your purchase.

i say zoomer x.

it is a trendy bike and looks really good and has secure underseat storage with some easy cheap mods.

Easy to carry things, much more flexible scooter with a history.

and 110 cc is enough for a small Thai girl.

besides, it has upside down shock and i am sure shocks are much more stable and comfy then click 125i.

Quality and design wise, go for zoomer x. I am thinking buying one for my gf too!

I wouldnt buy either as I thInk the PCX is a nuch better all rounder (albeit a lot more expensive) but if I had to choose, Zoomer just because there's less of them on the roads and it's always nice to have something slightly different.

A neighbour had some steel mesh guards put on thus making the underseat storage secure. I took it for a quick spin but it felt extremely wobbly compared to my PCX but I guess that would be geat for city riding.

^^

if you don't know what it does, and if the Google search is broken, you actually don't need it..tongue.png

Back to the topic....

Thanks. Helped a lot. I know that the variator improves acceleration up to 60kmh or so but tends to bottom out after that. What I really meant to ask is whether it's worth the money (last I heard, it costs about Thb 7,600 which seems a lot for quicker acceleration).

^^

if you don't know what it does, and if the Google search is broken, you actually don't need it..tongue.png

Back to the topic....

Thanks. Helped a lot. I know that the variator improves acceleration up to 60kmh or so but tends to bottom out after that. What I really meant to ask is whether it's worth the money (last I heard, it costs about Thb 7,600 which seems a lot for quicker acceleration).

Got my topics mixed as I also follow Click125i topic. sad.png

Gweiloman I'll send you a PM.

Simply explained though it will accelerate two up the same as solo, have better overtaking speed and go up hills better. Oh and your 60 kph on a Click125i is more like 80 kph it doesn't bottom out as such it simply has reached top gear.

Oh and soon there will be an after market variator for the 110 motor.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1