Blacklisted And Need To Return To Tie Up Loose Ends

thrillerinmanilla

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate, I can't help but I would like to know how you got caught if you can share with us.

i was charged and went to court for possession of 20gs of gunja and fined 5000b together with another traveler, now i have holidayed many times in the kingdom sometimes for a year at a time and have accumulated many things tv, 2 motorbikes regestered in my name etc etc and have a thai girl friend who currently lives in a house i am renting now after these charges i returned to my country for work. recently i applied for a visa which was approved and flew to thailand but when i arrived i was refused entry and told i had been black listed and cannot enter thailand. now just wanting some info from anyone who has had any experience with anything relating to how i may go about returning to thailand or clear my name from abroad the legitimate way

ps dont comment unless you have something relating to the subject this is a very serious matter

cheers

Sorry mate, I can't help but I would like to know how you got caught if you can share with us.

i was charged and went to court for possession of 20gs of gunja and fined 5000b together with another traveler, now i have holidayed many times in the kingdom sometimes for a year at a time and have accumulated many things tv, 2 motorbikes regestered in my name etc etc and have a thai girl friend who currently lives in a house i am renting now after these charges i returned to my country for work. recently i applied for a visa which was approved and flew to thailand but when i arrived i was refused entry and told i had been black listed and cannot enter thailand. now just wanting some info from anyone who has had any experience with anything relating to how i may go about returning to thailand or clear my name from abroad the legitimate way

ps dont comment unless you have something relating to the subject this is a very serious matter

cheers

in the movies its always the BUTLER. In thailand all suspicions go to the lovely gf...perhaps she tipped off someone, somewhere things went really really wrong.

A name change and new passport is doubtful. If you really want to come back, then hire a good legal firm that has previous experience (and success) in this type of case, and be prepared to wait and spend considerable fees. Otherwise, pack and ship what you want and donate the rest to your girlfriend and wish her well.

Clearly the Judge was in a bad mood that day, or wanted to make an example of you, or your choice is Lawyer was not good.

The fine indicates you were done for possession only.

The biggest factor was likely your choice of Lawyer. A decent Lawyer and you would have walked with a fine.

Given you have asked for advice, why not return the favor and give some insight into how you were caught, where, process, your lawyer and the day in court.

A name change and new passport is doubtful. If you really want to come back, then hire a good legal firm that has previous experience (and success) in this type of case, and be prepared to wait and spend considerable fees. Otherwise, pack and ship what you want and donate the rest to your girlfriend and wish her well.

Clearly the Judge was in a bad mood that day, or wanted to make an example of you, or your choice is Lawyer was not good.

The biggest factor was likely your choice of Lawyer. A decent Lawyer and you would have walked with a fine.

Given you have asked for advice, why not return the favor and give some insight into how you were caught, where, process, your lawyer and the day in court.

Not true, the judge has nothing to do with blacklisting, immigration does which is where he was sent after court

If your visa is still valid at that point u have a chance of remaining in the country, if not, bye bye

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Not true, the judge has nothing to do with blacklisting, immigration does which is where he was sent after court

If your visa is still valid at that point u have a chance of remaining in the country, if not, bye bye

Maybe the OP can cast his mind back to the brief detention period by Immigration, between court and airport. Maybe there were some inappropriate behaviour or words spoken at that juncture, hence the black star. Maybe it was just bad timing and everyone being passed down from the courts for deportation that week was kicked into touch.

Fair point, although the courts and immigration are closely aligned.

But immigration did have the option of deporting, in which case he could have returned immediately.

Or Blacklisting. They chose the later, despite such an insignificant fine, which is unusual.

There is probably a little more to this case that the OP has divulged.

• Like 1

my suggestion for what it's worth is contact Isaan Lawyers by telephone 044245001.

The woman that takes the calls speaks excellent english and has a fair knowledge of Thai law.

You then have a starting point and are conversing with people who actually know what they are talking about.

cheers

Edited by bronco
  • Like 2

about 8 months now since the court case was finalized, and it was devastating to be refused and all my questions about how long am i to be banned from entry were answered with shrugged shoulders so i think an attorney in thailand to review my case should be my best option and cheers for your info

I met two people with the same problems you have in Cambodias Sihanoukville.

One was a sacked and stripped of his Doctor title, German surgeon, who bleary-eyed (and more?) amputated the wrong leg of a patient.

Investing than in Thailand, in a Bungalow Resort, Business partners cheated on him and guiltless. he says,

he was suspected to have made Sex with a minor, he left Thailand and was blacklisted and his fortune, the resort in Thailand is outside of his grasp.

The "Businesspartners", who he is blaming for the wrong Sex scandal and the "Blacklisting" make never a profit,

so they say and until now everything he tried to be allowed back to Thailand,with lawyers ect. failed.

He lives now in Cambodia.

One was an even bigger fish, Mr.Wolfgang Ullrich,

He is still, as it is stated in the News Link, trying to get back into Thailand, where he has or had? a lot of bigger assets,

mostly, or partly in the name of his Thai wife

His possible wrongdoings, had been in Germany where he was convicted later,

but as so much money was flowing around him, the Thai police got suspicious and on the end found something,

what they could use against him in Thailand, his big Yacht for which he did not pay customs duty.

The involving legal fight and suspected bribing attempts went, high, reaching, the Minister of Interior

and the Prime Minister at that time had to intervene!

High and low ranking Immigration officers where sacked later, as it was possible for Mr.Ullrich to cross the Thai borders 8? times in some month-same time a Blacklisting should have been in place already.wink.png

Mr. Ullrich, lives now in Cambodia in Koh Kong, near the Thai border, near,but still so far! His (Ex)-wife maybe happy about that outcome.

In Cambodia, he married a very beautiful young woman who is a Granddaughter from the just died, Ex-King of Cambodia, Norodom Sihanouk.

(Sihanouk has a dozen or more children with different women and a lot of Grandchildren.)

http://www.pattayama.../news.shtml#hd2

I think, seeing that two cases, to revoke your Blacklisting will not be easy and you have by far not that losses what this two above men have!

Edited by ALFREDO

Drugs are illegal! Right!

That is why the OP got a 5000 THB fine and was banned from entering Thailand.

Unfortunately his question wasn't "Do you, holier-than- thou- TV posters, think I did something wrong and do you condemn me for it?"

By the way: prostitution, drunk driving and speeding are also illegal, so I hope all you good folks out there never did any of these!

No l never. Honest. whistling.gif ............................sick.gif

To compare the OP`s situation to one I know off.When living here 5 years ago a foreigner in the neighbourhood was arrested with 10 grams of weed.He payed a fine of 10.000 baht was given a week after his visa expired to clear up things and was refused entry for 1 year.And forget every advice when it comes to a change of passports or names.....wont work at all !! Good luck !!

And dont mind the "holier-than-you-brigade" here,most of them have more chips on their shoulders then the rest of us combined thumbsup.gif !!

Since when does 20 grams or marijuana being used recreationally make one into a drug addict? Are you a Quaker, or born again? Not very liberal in your tolerance standards are we?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my Samsung SIII

Tolerance for drugs? Certainly not! The absurdities of "recreational use" etc, just serve to cover addiction. And those "liberals" who consume drugs are better out of Thailand than in.

In any case, the conduct you advocate is a crime under Thai laws.

freemindxs . . .? Shouldn't that be closedmindxs ?

Since when does 20 grams or marijuana being used recreationally make one into a drug addict? Are you a Quaker, or born again? Not very liberal in your tolerance standards are we?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my Samsung SIII

Tolerance for drugs? Certainly not! The absurdities of "recreational use" etc, just serve to cover addiction. And those "liberals" who consume drugs are better out of Thailand than in.

In any case, the conduct you advocate is a crime under Thai laws.

freemindxs . . .? Shouldn't that be closedmindxs ?

MInd free of drugs. Unlike some posters. ;)

clap2.gif The ones who are criticising are probably two packet a day smokers and knock off a dozen large Chang as well, yet have the hide to call someone a drug addict because he enjoys the occasional spliff. Bloody hypocrites.

It's not about addict. It's about committing a crime in LOS for which there is no tolerance. It's about losing the right to be in LOS. People ask how he was caught. Maybe this is why so many farang are stopped and searched. Maybe this affects all of us too.

Maybe even those of us who would like to help the OP get his things back and feel bad about what happened and have no idea how to help, wish the farangs would stop this activity for their sake and ours.