Blacklisted And Need To Return To Tie Up Loose Ends

thrillerinmanilla

i was charged and went to court for possession of 20gs of gunja and fined 5000b together with another traveler, now i have holidayed many times in the kingdom sometimes for a year at a time and have accumulated many things tv, 2 motorbikes regestered in my name etc etc and have a thai girl friend who currently lives in a house i am renting now after these charges i returned to my country for work. recently i applied for a visa which was approved and flew to thailand but when i arrived i was refused entry and told i had been black listed and cannot enter thailand. now just wanting some info from anyone who has had any experience with anything relating to how i may go about returning to thailand or clear my name from abroad the legitimate way

ps dont comment unless you have something relating to the subject this is a very serious matter

cheers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You was caught and charged with drug possession and you expect to be allowed back into this country, are you serious? Am I reading this right, you want to clear your name!! are you innocent then?

Edited by dogpoo

Unless someone comes up with a better idea you could contact a large law firm and investigate what it would take financially to remove your name. Expect not real cheap though. Either that or have a friend come here and finalise things.

Change your name in your home country and get a new passport.

It would be difficult to sell the registered items like the 2 motorbikes or the girlfriend with a passport under a different name although you could bring the cancelled one in your luggage.

But probably the cheapest option.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 2

It would be difficult to sell the registered items like the 2 motorbikes or the girlfriend with a passport under a different name although you could bring the cancelled one in your luggage.

But probably the cheapest option.

Do you mean it would be difficult to sell the motorbikes, or difficult to sell the girlfriend?

I`d be willing to take them all on a test run.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

You was caught and charged with drug possession and you expect to be allowed back into this country, are you serious? Am I reading this right, you want to clear your name!! are you innocent then?

The fact that he was only fined 5000 baht and the quantity of ganja was so small doesn't seem to warrant a total ban on coming back into Thailand, but it's up to the Thai government to decide I guess.

The fact that he was only fined 5000 baht and the quantity of ganja was so small doesn't seem to warrant a total ban on coming back into Thailand, but it's up to the Thai government to decide I guess.

Who needs farang drug addicts over here? We get enough of a bad name as that without having these criminals trying to gain re-entry after being blacklisted.

• Like 1

Need to be very careful as some countries now use ePassports and you don't know if they incorporate name change info; it would seem obvious to do so as an application for a new passport would need to provide legal documentation for the name change. Also ePassports have bio metrics for data matching - don't know if Thai Immigration has yet to incorporate in their IT systems, but their software is constantly being updated

Edited by simple1

If your blacklisted isn't it usually only for a certain amount of time e.g 1,2,3,4,5 years maybe this what the op needs to find how you would actually go about finding this out I wouldn't know,

Sorry to hear about that anyway, must be a gutted feeling actual landing but no being able to enter

Gotta laugh about the fearing drug addicts comment don't think I ever heard a pot smoker called that in along long time.

Just out of interest op how long ago was the court case

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

Having been declared Persona Non Grata you want to come back to tie-up loose ends relating to a couple of hundred thousand Baht's worth of stuff.

Do yourself a favour and let it go. Let the stuff go and let your dreams of returning go.

Its over.

Not if the motorbikes is, say, a Ducati or a BMW.

A post suggesting illegal method of entry to Thailand has been removed.

Suggesting the poster to change his name, get a new passport and enter under deceit should also not be encouraged?

Fair enough, probably illegal as well, that post has now been removed.

Cut your loses, ask your GF to sell bikes and other stuff.

meet her for holiday in Laos?

It would more likely be that the court didn't put you on blacklist but Immigration did in which case your screwed.

I have known others get fined officially from small drug offences, then they had to pay heavily to immigration to avoid the situation your currently in.

OP: give a power of attorney to someone, for example a lawyer, to sell your stuff. This can be done remotely using certified signature, maybe the signature needs to be legalized.

Regarding "clearing your name the legitimate way", I don't know what you mean - you have been found in possession of 20g of marihuana - how do you imagine clearing your name? It's not like the police made a mistake or something... In Thailand, this will always stick to your name like elephant brand glue, game over.

I don't think a name change is deceit if done legally in OP's country of origin. It is the Thai authorities' job to identify blacklisted persons, the blacklisted don't have the duty inform everyone that they are on the blacklist under a different name. On the visa application form there even isn't a question asking the applicant if he has been refused entry to Thailand in the past and for what reason...

And the other way would be, as suggested earlier, to get a Thai attorney on the case to try to remove your name from the blacklist. I guess it is possible, but won't be cheap.

Edited by manarak

Did you try a land border or is there now a nasty 'refused entry' stamp in your passport.

If your blacklisted isn't it usually only for a certain amount of time e.g 1,2,3,4,5 years maybe this what the op needs to find how you would actually go about finding this out I wouldn't know,

Sorry to hear about that anyway, must be a gutted feeling actual landing but no being able to enter

Gotta laugh about the fearing drug addicts comment don't think I ever heard a pot smoker called that in along long time.

Just out of interest op how long ago was the court case

about 8 months now since the court case was finalized, and it was devastating to be refused and all my questions about how long am i to be banned from entry were answered with shrugged shoulders so i think an attorney in thailand to review my case should be my best option and cheers for your info

A post suggesting illegal method of entry to Thailand has been removed.

Suggesting the poster to change his name, get a new passport and enter under deceit should also not be encouraged?

still would not help with the selling of bikes in old passports name either

Since when does 20 grams or marijuana being used recreationally make one into a drug addict? Are you a Quaker, or born again? Not very liberal in your tolerance standards are we?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my Samsung SIII

Tolerance for drugs? Certainly not! The absurdities of "recreational use" etc, just serve to cover addiction. And those "liberals" who consume drugs are better out of Thailand than in.

In any case, the conduct you advocate is a crime under Thai laws.