How Long Is A Re-Entry Visa Good For?

Do I need to give exact plans and use it on a certain day for departure and return?

I paid ฿1000. for one recently but didn't use it. I have a non O retirement visa.

I hate to pay ฿3800. for the multiple re-entry and only use it one or two or three times. I'd rather pay on an individual basis but I wonder if I'm held to specific dates and country and etc? If i have to give specific information and etc, I'll do that. I don't have plans for the next year so I definitely won't give them ฿3800. for the fun of it. I worked hard to get here and money is easy to go but so darn hard to come by.

TIA

In Chiangmai Immigration, when you apply fore a single re-entry permit the officer want you put your travel destination.

*Not requested for a multiple re-entry permit.

I write I plan to visit Cambodia or Hong Kong "during the year". No date necessary.

Or . I plan to visit my home country during the year. No date necessary .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

how does a non o retirement holder go about getting the 15 months that I have heard about?

The 15 months is with a non-O visa, needing to leave the country every 90 days. Not for people being on an extension of stay.

The multiple non-O is good for 1 year and you can enter unlimited times durng that year, each time you enter you can stay for up to 90 days. By leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you get an extra 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa.