Modem

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Malaysia better than Thailand

Example one

Malaysia has UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Malacca.

Thailand has Pattaya.

Example two

Malaysia has the Petronas twin towers.

Thailand (Bangkok, actually) has the Elephant Building.

Example three

Malaysia is the gateway to Singapore.

Thailand is the gateway to Laos.

Example four

Malaysia has great Indian and Muslim food

Thailand has greasy fried rice.

Example five

Malaysia has the Cameron Higlands.

Thailand has Isaan.

Did I miss anything?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out !

Did I miss anything?

Yes Thailand doesnt have a racist apartheid system dreamt up by good old Matathir.

Lee Kuan Yew was correct, nothing but a bunch of country bumpkins.

Does Thailand not have entrenched racism? Never mind, I'm sure it will come with time.

SC

"Is Malaysia better than Thailand

You forgot Example Five, the biggy:

Thailand is mostly Buddhist

Malaysia is mostly Muslim

and there, I'm afraid, the discussion ends and Malaysia loses.

One interesting experiment might be to go to the Malaysian/Thai border, and see which way the (local) tourists travel. I think I know what the answer will be.

That is it in a nutshell

As a female I won't even enter an Islamic country. Women are considered lower than street dogs

You must have NOT been to different Islamic countries than the ones I've been to.

I suppose, on the bright side, the Islamic countries have one less bigot, though it has been said that travel broadens the mind. THough I've never conversed with a bigot who thought their mind needed broadening

SC

Agree... She has never been to a country in which Islam is the major religion BUT knows for sure that woman are worth less then street dogs in them mean islamic terrorist countries rolleyes.gif

The Cameron Highlands used to be nice, 30 years ago. Not any more.

Hey man -- why do you say that? I disagree.

You disagree that they used to be nice, or that they are not any more?

I thought the Cameron Highlands were an extremely pleasant hangover from some bygone century when I was there thirty-odd years ago. Very nice indeed. These days it's just big and modern and touristy and dull. Much like most of the rest of the world in fact.

thailand is awsome, people are great, food the greatest.

you got burned in thailand didnt you op, met a fat old slapper who was straddling a pole in a smoke filled bar, paid her mamasan and left with your newly found princess.

probably got shafted and are taking out on thailand.

i dont care for malaysia, you can have it, although your mind is still in thailand as your on this site so something impacted you.

• Like 1

I think the weather's a lot better.

I quite enjoy speaking English to people. I find that a big help vis a vis communication.

If I was a religious fellow, I'd enjoy all the churches here, no doubt. It's not a big issue for me, but a lot of others have brought it up.

I enjoy being able to drink more or less whenever I want, without petty religious dictats regarding dry days.

Salaries are higher, taxes are lower.

I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for.

SC

Oh yeh...I forgot.....The IRB Rugby 7s where Thailand had won the game against Malaysia but the ref kept playing on untill Malaysia won...cheating bastards still get me angry!!

You're maybe not familiar with the rules of rugby. The game goes on until the ball goes dead after the final whistle.

The most entertaining example of that was in the Pool stages, last time I was in Hong Kong for the HK Sevens; Japan led New Zealand throughout the game, but New Zealand were able to score after the hooter to rescue victory from ignominous defeat.

I personally really enjoyed the last Malaysia Thailand game. You can read about it here, if you're actually interested. It was shown on television as well, on Star Sports, if I recall correctly, though not live.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Absolutely!!

Not only does Thailand win, but Malaysia isn't even a close second.

Sure. I'm not particaurly a racist person but I really wouldn't want to live in a Muslin country. Leave the west to live with Muslims? No, ta.

Is Malaysia better than Thailand

Example one

Malaysia has UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Malacca.

Thailand has Pattaya.

Example two

Malaysia has the Petronas twin towers.

Thailand (Bangkok, actually) has the Elephant Building.

Example three

Malaysia is the gateway to Singapore.

Thailand is the gateway to Laos.

Example four

Malaysia has great Indian and Muslim food

Thailand has greasy fried rice.

Example five

Malaysia has the Cameron Higlands.

Thailand has Isaan.

Did I miss anything?

Example six

Malaysian penalty for converting from islam to Buddhism - Jail

Thai penalty for converting from Buddhism to islam - ........anyone???

Edited by canman

Absolutely!!

Not only does Thailand win, but Malaysia isn't even a close second.

Agreed. What is the point of this thread, exactly? Why just compare to Malaysia? How about Cambodia? The PI? Singapore? Why not compare Malaysia to these other places? Better yet, why not just go there and report back to us what you think. On second thought, don't report back at all. Just leave....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

As to which country is better, it depends on what you are looking for. Sex and booze, Thailand for sure. Buffaloes driving motor vehicles, Thailand for sure. Street food - I give Malaysia the upper hand. Public transportation, Thailand. Efficiency? Malaysia wins by a nose (then again, a one eyed Jack is king among the blind). Scams? Thailand wins.

Overall, I still prefer to stay in Thailand.

Oh yeh...I forgot.....The IRB Rugby 7s where Thailand had won the game against Malaysia but the ref kept playing on untill Malaysia won...cheating bastards still get me angry!!

You're maybe not familiar with the rules of rugby. The game goes on until the ball goes dead after the final whistle.

The most entertaining example of that was in the Pool stages, last time I was in Hong Kong for the HK Sevens; Japan led New Zealand throughout the game, but New Zealand were able to score after the hooter to rescue victory from ignominous defeat.

I personally really enjoyed the last Malaysia Thailand game. You can read about it here, if you're actually interested. It was shown on television as well, on Star Sports, if I recall correctly, though not live.

SC

If you were at the game then you would have heard 3 people chanting "Thailand. Thailand" throughout the game and we were highlighted both on Star sports and on local news coverage.

The hooter went, the Thai full back hoofed the ball into touch, my kiwi mate took a photo of the scoreboard, we did a little jig...then the ref gave a lineout....a few forward passes ignored... the ball swept inside.. Malaysia scored....

..Teams leave the pitch and a drunken bastard Englishman runs down to the tunnel entrance to give the officials shit...that was me!

• Like 1

I have lived in LOS since '96 but during that time I have witnessed the following whilst working in Malaysia:-

Being able to divorce by SMSing " I divorce you" 3 times

Hold the phones....

It is really difficult to believe but it was legal to do so after one case was accepted. It was then quickly made illegal..