Is Malaysia Better Than Thailand?

Modem

In many Islamic countries, women are not given the right to vote. In many Islamic countries, women are not given the right to see a doctor about problems pertinent to females. In many Islamic countries, there are no female doctors. Although I haven't been to Malaysia, I've heard a few credible horror stories regarding women's rights. That is enough for me. Even Thailand has a male dominated hierarchy, but women do have more rights here than Islamic countries. Correct me where I'm wrong and I'll retract my statements.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I had to make a choice, I think I would choose . . . Honolulu, perfect weather, traffic laws obeyed, and no immigration worries.

No immigration worries if you are a US citizen. Anyone else may find it very hard to get in and stay for more than a few months, even if they own property there. I know a wealthy retired British couple who had an expensive condo in Miami and a flash BMW, both of which were for secondary use. They used to pass half the year there, spending very freely during that time (they make me look like a pauper).They started finding it difficult to get visas to stay as long as they wanted and so they sold the lot and buggered off to somewhere in the Caribbean where they feel much more welcome. They never returned to US soil.

It's funny when speaking about Malaysia people only mention KL and the Cameron Highlands.

What about East Malaysia, Miri, Labuan and KK, also plenty other places (I will not mention as I have not been to them yet)

If you want cheap beer, go to Labuan, it is duty free, and the seafood is great.

Miri is a great place, plenty to see if you travel out of town a bit.

Kota Kinabalu, not far is Mount Kinabalu. also KK is a fun place.

Adult entertainment by the bucket full.

Yep Malaysia is good, very good. But my wife is Thai and I like it here, so will stay...

FDsmile.png

• Like 1