Is Malaysia Better Than Thailand?

Modem

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, grass is always greener. i would think the youngster there are more sensible and alot friendlier but maybe that is because the majority of them are able to speak fluent english and thus the communication is there? food wise, no competition. the godly coconut milk rice with chilli paste, there is savory version of french toast there, topped with minced meat, cheese and stuff, totally awesome. and stuff. i been to penang and johor for afew weeks and stayed in kl for afew months so i can't really comment much but my neighbor are alot more friendlier than my thai neighbors. it was the ramadan fasting towards the end of my stay, and towards evening, different neighbors actually invited me along to break their fast with a huge spread of food. imagine that . . i felt really welcomed and homely

on a down side i got mugged twice in my life, twice in johor, twice with their parangs. they were kind enough to give back my credit cards, sim card and passport. probably an attempt to stop me from lodging a police report.

but . . over here you get to see some breath taking scenery. great night market, wonderful temples and unbeatable adult entertainment and scene.

I have lived in LOS since '96 but during that time I have witnessed the following whilst working in Malaysia:-

Being able to divorce by SMSing " I divorce you" 3 times

Hold the phones....

It is really difficult to believe but it was legal to do so after one case was accepted. It was then quickly made illegal..

Someone always spoils it....

As to which country is better, it depends on what you are looking for. Sex and booze, Thailand for sure. Buffaloes driving motor vehicles, Thailand for sure. Street food - I give Malaysia the upper hand. Public transportation, Thailand. Efficiency? Malaysia wins by a nose (then again, a one eyed Jack is king among the blind). Scams? Thailand wins.

Overall, I still prefer to stay in Thailand.

Sex and booze always wins. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

"Is Malaysia better than Thailand

You forgot Example Five, the biggy:

Thailand is mostly Buddhist

Malaysia is mostly Muslim

and there, I'm afraid, the discussion ends and Malaysia loses.

One interesting experiment might be to go to the Malaysian/Thai border, and see which way the (local) tourists travel. I think I know what the answer will be.

That is it in a nutshell

As a female I won't even enter an Islamic country. Women are considered lower than street dogs

You gotta get with the program Rene, whenever I read in Aussie papers about demanding higher Muslim immigration, rights for Palestinians etc the authors are more often than not female. So there is obviously something you are missing in the joys of Muslim female subjugation. I mean come on what woman wouldn't want their clitoris ground off between a couple of rocks? You need to look at the bigger picture, perhaps a trekking holiday to Yemen in a bhurka could start you off?

As to Malaysia, suggest the OP get on down there as fast as he can, with an exciting list of attractions like that who could bear to stay away any longer than they had to, Petronis Towers...wow.

As to which country is better, it depends on what you are looking for. Sex and booze, Thailand for sure. Buffaloes driving motor vehicles, Thailand for sure. Street food - I give Malaysia the upper hand. Public transportation, Thailand. Efficiency? Malaysia wins by a nose (then again, a one eyed Jack is king among the blind). Scams? Thailand wins.

Overall, I still prefer to stay in Thailand.

Sex and booze always wins. thumbsup.gif

I've never gone thirsty, or hungry. I suppose some people can't afford anything outside of Isaan or Skegness.

SC

Both places haves their good and bad points but overall I would have a slight preference for Malaysia, though I prefer Singapore to both.

Why r u here then?

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Because my wife is from Thailand, we are settled here with schooling for the kids and at present it's not practical to move.

Both places haves their good and bad points but overall I would have a slight preference for Malaysia, though I prefer Singapore to both.

Why r u here then?

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

As I said many years ago, "If I was going to choose my job based on where I wanted to live, I'd not be sat here in the canteen talking to you, Tommy"

SC

I read the OP several times to be sure, but he misses the most important difference- Thailand has lovely sexy women that will go out with me, Malaysia has .......... No contest!

Malaysia has more than it's fair share of gorgeous women, I do business with plenty of expats in KL who are married to the most beautful, educated, personable women I have met anywhere.

Who on earth would want to live in a Muslim country. We have enough of those back in the UK.

Maybe people who didn't want their drinking disrupted by religious holidays.

Maybe people who were tolerant of other people's religions.

Maybe people who didn't allow their religious prejudices to drive their lives.

SC

Who on earth would want to live in a Muslim country. We have enough of those back in the UK.

Reminds me of a joke:

My friend bought a new puppy which was mostly black and brown but had a small white patch so he named it Bradford.

Maybe people who didn't want their drinking disrupted by religious holidays.

Maybe people who were tolerant of other people's religions.

Maybe people who didn't allow their religious prejudices to drive their lives.

And people who are fed up with the Thai scams, lies and lack of common sense.

I met a lot of people who retired in Malaysia after spending some time in Thailand. Most of them are quite happy there and I hear none of the constant moaning which is so common at Thai Visa.

hello!

I met many thai people in Thailand during the last years working in Malaysia , and All told me the same Malaysia not good would never go back Thailand better!

If I asked my taxi driver in kl about Thailand his opionion to much corruption, and he think the roads not good here!

But most people I think , get there opinion from another country only from the tv! Or Internet!

About the food people I meet in Malaysia say thai food defenatly to spicy!

For my opionion, the food is very different in Malaysia Penang has a very fat unhealthy kitchen in kl was much better, and the footparks are amazing big, much bigger then in Chiang may !

But during my stay in Malaysia when I saw a thai restaurant I go and eat thai!

Vietnamese food I can maybe eat 3 time one month !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Better drivers in Malaysia, which could add years to your life.

Easier to conduct immigration procedures in Malaysia.

More freedom in Thailand.

Easier to enjoy a glass of wine on my veranda in Thailand.

So, if I had to make a choice, I think I would choose . . . Honolulu, perfect weather, traffic laws obeyed, and no immigration worries. Even the bums in Honolulu dress nicely. Just need to worry about a mid to upper six digit yearly income.

"Is Malaysia better than Thailand

You forgot Example Five, the biggy:

Thailand is mostly Buddhist

Malaysia is mostly Muslim

and there, I'm afraid, the discussion ends and Malaysia loses.

One interesting experiment might be to go to the Malaysian/Thai border, and see which way the (local) tourists travel. I think I know what the answer will be.

That is it in a nutshell

As a female I won't even enter an Islamic country. Women are considered lower than street dogs

True! Dogs shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen but females dam_n well better stay there!

Better drivers in Malaysia, which could add years to your life.

Easier to conduct immigration procedures in Malaysia.

More freedom in Thailand.

Easier to enjoy a glass of wine on my veranda in Thailand.

So, if I had to make a choice, I think I would choose . . . Honolulu, perfect weather, traffic laws obeyed, and no immigration worries. Even the bums in Honolulu dress nicely. Just need to worry about a mid to upper six digit yearly income.

If you're not a Muslim, I don't see why it would be easier to enjoy a glass of wine on your verandah in Thailand.

The drink shops in Malaysia don't stop serving between 2 pm and 5 pm, by the way.

SC

I read the OP several times to be sure, but he misses the most important difference- Thailand has lovely sexy women that will go out with me, Malaysia has .......... No contest!

Malaysia has more than it's fair share of gorgeous women, I do business with plenty of expats in KL who are married to the most beautful, educated, personable women I have met anywhere.

I wasn't referring to marriage in my post, for obvious reasons.

Having worked in KL for the first 6 months of this year (not for the first time either) I would prefer not to go back.

Thailand is better in many ways, no racial/religous discrimination for one.

As for they all speak perfect English, rubbish, the older ones educated in English yes, the younger generation educated in Malay, garbage.

Corruption just as bad as here.

Big one

Freedom!!!

I could go on but Thailand is vastly superior.

I have lived in LOS since '96 but during that time I have witnessed the following whilst working in Malaysia:-

Being able to divorce by SMSing " I divorce you" 3 times

Hold the phones....

It is really difficult to believe but it was legal to do so after one case was accepted. It was then quickly made illegal..

Coincidentaly an Indonesian Regional Chief is in da poo poo for much the same thing today!!