Got Non Imm Visa Class B Mult For 3 Yr, What Next

I'm 26 year old, USA citizen, got Non-Immigrant Visa Class B for 3 Year Multiple Entry, what can I do with this type of Visa in Thailand(work permit, rent a house on my name, Bank account registration, business registraion in Thailand). I have a company here in USA, is it be any help in Thailand ?

Cheers,

Vlad

Vlad -

The answer to your questions are: Yes, you may seek employment, and you qualify to apply for a work permit. With work permit, you can obtain a long-term entry permit extension to remain in Thailand beyond 90 days. Without such an extension, you will be required to exit Thailand every 90 days.

Anyone may rent an apartment - with or without a non-immigrant visa. Similarly, anyone may be promoter for launch of a Thai Private Co. Ltd. - but you may only be employed by that company, and may only exercise binding signature authority (inside Thailand) on behalf of that company, if you have a work permit.

Official Thai banking law requires that you have a work permit before opening a personal checking account,or before you may haves ignature authority over a corporate bank account - but many banks here do not enforce these rules. Having a Class B visa will help you with some of the banks. Many banks allow even tourists to open a passbook savings account.

With respect to doing business here, your US company is only useful if you choose to open a Thai Representative Office (TRO) of that US company here in Thailand. A TRO cannot earn income in Thailand - it cannot legally collect payments, issue invoices, or issue quotations. It can only provide advice, or be involved in coordinating sourcing of Thai products for the overseas head office.

If you wish to start a Thai Private Co. Ltd, or TRO, I'd be happy if my company could make your "short list" of candidate service providers.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

www.thaitradedata.com

www.bangkokstaff.com

Hmm, good one.

You mean, you are now in the US,you went to the Thai embassy asking for a visa to go to Thailand.

Thai officer asked you "What is the purpose of your visit?"

You:"I do not know"

The Thai officer:"No problem, come back tomorrow, you'll have a three years non-immigrant visa"

.... :o

Hmm, good one.

You mean, you are now in the US,you went to the Thai embassy asking for a visa to go to Thailand.

Thai officer asked you "What is the purpose of your visit?"

You:"I do not know"

The Thai officer:"No problem, come back tomorrow, you'll have a three years non-immigrant visa"

.... :o

Maybe he misread the visa.

Wow, thats faster than Sydney. But there is only one person in Sydney doing the applications.

Brisbane does visa's while one waits :D But three year validity is not a feature of Thailand visa rules. :o