Avoid The Minibuses (Vans) At Front Of Ekamai Bus Station

Trevor25222

Why not just get the regular bus to Ekkamai (124 baht, runs every 20-30 minutes and takes 2 & a bit hours) and then it's one stop on the BTS to Thong Lor or a 40 baht taxi? No need to go to the airport.

Actually that's the cheapest option, although battling through the Sukhumvit traffic makes for a total journey time of 2h 25m.

This bus drops passengers off on the approach to Bangkok. Does anyone know if it's physically possible to drop me near Central Bangna? I need to pick up something there on this occasion. Thanks.

Why not just get the regular bus to Ekkamai (124 baht, runs every 20-30 minutes and takes 2 & a bit hours) and then it's one stop on the BTS to Thong Lor or a 40 baht taxi? No need to go to the airport.

Actually that's the cheapest option, although battling through the Sukhumvit traffic makes for a total journey time of 2h 25m.

This bus drops passengers off on the approach to Bangkok. Does anyone know if it's physically possible to drop me near Central Bangna? I need to pick up something there on this occasion. Thanks.

Yes, the bus stops at Central Bangna. Just make sure you have all your bags in the bus with you, and let the driver know you want to get off there (although normally a few passengers get off there too).

Yes, the bus stops at Central Bangna. Just make sure you have all your bags in the bus with you, and let the driver know you want to get off there (although normally a few passengers get off there too).

Great stuff! It'll save me trailing back there from Thonglor to collect my hard drive from IDR data recovery next to Big C / Central Bangna. Good to know the bus is off the elevated section by then, presumably for just such drop-offs.

• 5 months later...

Everybody I know has made the mistake of getting on that hell bus to Pattaya. Myself as well.

Sure wish I'd read this two weeks ago. Wow what an unpleasant experience! Hot, crowded, 3-1/2 hours long ride.

Alternative: Skytrain to Victory-Monument. Get off on the side of Century-Shopping Mall. Minibus to Pattaya 100 Bht. Pattaya stop at second road / soi diamond. If walking-street aerea is final destination, there is no closer drop-off.

I've had the (dis) pleasure of riding on minivans that is genuinely fast late in the evening, but the whole things felts like coffin on wheels, so unless I really need to go somewhere that they stop without needing to make connections, like Don Mueang Airport, I'd give them a pass

I did the trip from Bang Kapi, as advised by my missus, same problem, never again. As now I use the local bus, 8bht to the nearest MRT, 27bht, then from Asok, Skytrain, 15bht then the 124bht bus to Pattaya. In all about 160 ish, prices approx. and around 2-2.5hrs. Sweet!

doesnt sound worth the bother