Is Single Entry Visa Used Already?

All,

I got an education visa good for one year from Laos. It came with a single entry visa. Did I use up the single entry when came back into the Country after leaving Laos?

I had planned to go home for Christmas and return, but now I have to update my visa somehow if my single entry has been used.

Yes you used the entry when you entered Thailand. You need to purchase a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay valid. Single 1000 baht, multiple 3800 baht. The permisssion to stay stamp was the stamp that you got in your passport when you entered. It tells you the date that you must exit by.

Not sure what you have.

A single entry visa would be good for 90 days, a 1 year multiple non-ED is good for unlimited travels to Thailand for 1 year, each time you enter Thailand being allowed to stay for 90 days maximum.

What does the visa say, single or multiple and till what date is the visa valid?

Yes you used the entry when you entered Thailand. You need to purchase a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay valid. Single 1000 baht, multiple 3800 baht. The permisssion to stay stamp was the stamp that you got in your passport when you entered. It tells you the date that you must exit by.

Okay, that is what I thought...... I have an a one year non-ed visa, single entry, renewable every 90 days, and I used it up my single entry when returning to Chiang Mai from Loas during the Visa run.

I want to go to the States for Christmas, and do some travelling to Laos and Vietnam next year. In order to get the multiple entry stamp is it just a matter of going to immigration with all of the necessary paperwork, e.g., money, passport, copies of passport and visa, photos, language class paperwork, etc.?

Actually you had a single entry non immigrant ED visa valid for 90 days from date of issue that provided one stay of 90 days. Since then you have obtained 90 days extensions of stay for 1,900 baht using school paperwork and a TM.7 form. It is/was not a one year visa.

You can get single re-entry permit for 1000 baht or a multiple for 3800 baht at immigration. Best is single for you because you are only getting 90 day extensions and permit will only be good for those 90 days.

You fill out a TM8 form with one photo attached and you need copy of passport photo page, entry and permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card.

Download: Re-Entry Permit into The Kingdom Application Form (TM.8)

Edited by ubonjoe

Okay, that is what I thought...... I have an a one year non-ed visa, single entry, renewable every 90 days, and I used it up my single entry when returning to Chiang Mai from Loas during the Visa run.

I want to go to the States for Christmas, and do some travelling to Laos and Vietnam next year. In order to get the multiple entry stamp is it just a matter of going to immigration with all of the necessary paperwork, e.g., money, passport, copies of passport and visa, photos, language class paperwork, etc.?

There is a off chance they messed up at the border and didn't use your visa and just gave you a 15-day entry ... look in your passport to make sure the visa is marked "used"

You had not provided any dates so we are working blind - have you just entered Thailand with a 90 day stay or are you near the end of that stay? A re-entry permit only allows a return during your current permitted to stay time and does not add any additional time - your new stamp of permitted to stay will be the same as you had before your travel.