British Sausages

oldsailor35

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

having put on 9 kilo's over the festive period its time to do some serious dietingwhistling.gif that was till i came across some fatboy pork sausage's in makro,produced by asian west fine foods,will i be buying anymore you bet best i have tasted.next will be their cumberland.

As always - personal choice. I found Western Wholesale Meats and Matvic to be better quality.

Fair price though - I agree about freezer.

Edited by cardholder

Cook any piece of meat long enough you can eat it.

Wrong !

Cook it TOO long and you can't eat it it.

Generally the Thais overcook everything - has anyone ever been asked how they like their steak cooked (in a Thai steakhouse outside of Bangkok) ?

yes

unusual.

Where was it ?

having put on 9 kilo's over the festive period its time to do some serious dietingwhistling.gif that was till i came across some fatboy pork sausage's in makro,produced by asian west fine foods,will i be buying anymore you bet best i have tasted.next will be their cumberland.

As always - personal choice. I found Western Wholesale Meats and Matvic to be better quality.

i to like western meats steak,sirlion and rib eye its as good as aus.beef and a third of the price.malvic? first time i have seen that name mentioned.

i to like western meats steak,sirlion and rib eye its as good as aus.beef and a third of the price.malvic? first time i have seen that name mentioned.

Matvic http://www.matvic.com/ were based out of Soi 6 in Pattaya but I believe have now merged to form http://acorn.co.th/ . My local pub uses them for sausages/burgers etc, sadly the web site isn't up and running yet.

Matvic http://www.matvic.com/ were based out of Soi 6 in Pattaya but I believe have now merged to form http://acorn.co.th/ . My local pub uses them for sausages/burgers etc, sadly the web site isn't up and running yet.

thanks for that rabc,only problem i am 7hrs away.i used to live in soi 6, in the 80's.

Is the quality any good at WWMCO ?

i have only had the steak from there and i found it as good as the aus.and about 600bht.pr.kilo less.i used to get a lot from tops which is very good but had to rely on bil getting it for me.used to buy it at robinsons bkk.when i lived in huay-kwang 20yrs ago it was always good.the last time i bought some in tops at khon kaen 3yrs.ago rib eye and sirlion 345kilo.news is central is going to open in korat so i will buy from tops.

Is the quality any good at WWMCO ?

There's quite a few of us in Pattaya who believe so. The steaks have occasionally been hit and miss but seem to have been a lot more consistent recently. I love their sausages.

Edited by RabC

Is Jimmy Dean some variety of sausage ??

It's just a standard English breakfast sausage with a fancy name, we did consider calling them the Bolan sausage but that may have been in bad taste.

Thaddeus is joking, of course. Jimmy Dean sausage (made by country music star Jimmy Dean) is a product of the USA, and very popular in the USA. Try it - it's good!

post-28863-0-91624600-1358159034_thumb.j

post-28863-0-21713900-1358159050_thumb.j

Go and buy some more...a lot of the up market supermarkets......ie Foodland, Villa and the place in Central Pattaya do real imported British sausages, got packs of them in the freezer at home...

BTW since when is a Xmas barbaque and British tradtion anyway ?....if you were a real traditionalist it would be roast turkey and all the cr*p that goes with it, irrespective of whether you are living in Blighty or the tropics....Standards have really gone down hill since the colonial days, a sausage BBQ for Xmas..just not cricket old chap.....rolleyes.gif

Xmas BBQ is an Aussie tradition thumbsup.gif

Anybody tried the Waitrose sausages that you can buy at Tops.Bought some yesterday along with shepherds pie which wasn't bad.

Was the shepherds pie made with lamb? .... or at the very lest goat.

If not, it was a cottage pie.

Yes, I am pedantic.

(Walls pork and turkey were great sossies btw)

one thing i havnt had here is a nice spicy polony sausage.

Sorry, but we are talking about real sausages as made in UK

do you remember palethorpe's sausages and pork pies they were great,i think they changed the name to pork farms? if they did the pies are crap.

Anybody tried the Waitrose sausages that you can buy at Tops.Bought some yesterday along with shepherds pie which wasn't bad.

Yes, I am pedantic.

Yes it was made from lamb.Made in the UK as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I am pedantic.

Dear oh dear Taddy. Walls were great as a kid on a camping trip I agree but nowadays I prefer http://www.ramsayofcarluke.co.uk/sausages-c-21.html

As I am buying some this weekend I will offer to freeze then bring some over to Bangkok next weekend for one lucky sausage lover. Payment on arrival.

Book early to avoid disappointment! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Dear oh dear Taddy. Walls were great as a kid on a camping trip I agree but nowadays I prefer http://www.ramsayofcarluke.co.uk/sausages-c-21.html

Wall's were fine as a kid but then you start eating other brands of a higher quality. My sister buys Richmond these days which are low end but not the lowest of the low. I can't eat them now, fat content is too high for a start. Just about OK for a Saturday morning 'I'm so hungover' fry up but useless for a sausage, mash and onion gravy dinner during the week. She loves it when I visit because I refuse to eat the food they generally eat and insist on getting my own ingredients and cooking it myself for everyone. Back in the UK end on the month so I'm going to pick up a decent sausage mechine to play around with before I return. Given the price of pork (and duck) in Thailand, there is no reason why anyone should be subjected to crap sausages.
  • Like 1

Wall's were fine as a kid but then you start eating other brands of a higher quality. My sister buys Richmond these days which are low end but not the lowest of the low. I can't eat them now, fat content is too high for a start. Just about OK for a Saturday morning 'I'm so hungover' fry up but useless for a sausage, mash and onion gravy dinner during the week. She loves it when I visit because I refuse to eat the food they generally eat and insist on getting my own ingredients and cooking it myself for everyone. Back in the UK end on the month so I'm going to pick up a decent sausage mechine to play around with before I return. Given the price of pork (and duck) in Thailand, there is no reason why anyone should be subjected to crap sausages.

fatboy cumberland not bad,wf and dog loves them if there's any left.[makro]

fatboy cumberland not bad,wf and dog loves them if there's any left.[makro]

Mass projuced mate, i like Acorn meat sausages in pattaya better than fatboy's from makro, anyone tried Sausage kings Sausages in pattaya, i've not seen them posting for a wille.

Just wondering on the price and quality of there product .