British Sausages

oldsailor35

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tutsi harangs a muslim colleague that disapproves of a plate of louisiana hot links: 'hey look, the Prophet Himself (PBUH) wouldn't be able to resist them hot links...try some!'

the muslim colleague: 'and then I suppose that you would want me to 'chase' the blasphemous pork sausages with alcoholic beer?...hmmm?'

tutsi is exasperated: 'you got to eat them hot links...all the hummous in the world will not fergive you, etc, etc.'

a slice of life somewhere in the saudi desert north of Jeddah....

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Who gives a dimn about British sausage anyway? Did they never hear of Jimmy Dean, LOL? cheesy.gif

"Heaven: the policeman is British, the lover is Italian, the cook is French, the engineer is German and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: the policeman is German, the lover is Swiss, the cook is British, the engineer is French and it is all organized by the Italians."

cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Butchers make sausages, not cooks.

I would suggest that British butchers are even better than their German counterparts.

• Like 2

Who gives a dimn about British sausage anyway? Did they never hear of Jimmy Dean, LOL? cheesy.gif

"Heaven: the policeman is British, the lover is Italian, the cook is French, the engineer is German and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: the policeman is German, the lover is Swiss, the cook is British, the engineer is French and it is all organized by the Italians."

Butchers make sausages, not cooks.

I would suggest that British butchers are even better than their German counterparts.

The Germans like the dish smoked and best served cold.

Shame it never works out for them.

Sorry...can't resist....

History of Sausages

• The word sausage is derived from the Latin word salsus which means something salted.

• Sausages are mentioned in The Odyssey which was written by Homer more than 2,700 years ago:

“These goat sausages sizzling here in the fire -

we packed them with fat and blood to have for supper.

Now, whoever wins this bout and proves the stronger,

Let that man step up and take his pick of the lot!”

• Sausages were called bangers during the Second World War because they contained so much water they exploded when fried.

Numbers

• The value of the premium sausage sector grew by 25% in 2003.

• 90% of British households buy sausages, 50% at least every 4 weeks.

• Every day, 5 million Britons will eat sausages.

• More sausages are eaten on Saturday than any other day.

• Around 18% of sausages are eaten for breakfast and 44% for the evening meal.

• Grilling is the most popular cooking method used for 44% of all sausages followed by frying at 23% and baking at 20%.

• 30% of the sausage market is classified as premium, 58% as standard, 8% as low fat and 4% as economy.

• 83% of sausages are made from pork.

• 66% of sausages are sold by the top 5 supermarket chains.

Yep - and no non Europeans in heaven then.wai2.gif

Is Jimmy Dean some variety of sausage ??

Edited by Baerboxer

Cook any piece of meat long enough you can eat it.

Wrong !

Cook it TOO long and you can't eat it it.

Generally the Thais overcook everything - has anyone ever been asked how they like their steak cooked (in a Thai steakhouse outside of Bangkok) ?

• 4 weeks later...

having put on 9 kilo's over the festive period its time to do some serious dietingwhistling.gif that was till i came across some fatboy pork sausage's in makro,produced by asian west fine foods,will i be buying anymore you bet best i have tasted.next will be their cumberland.

• Like 1

having put on 9 kilo's over the festive period its time to do some serious dietingwhistling.gif that was till i came across some fatboy pork sausage's in makro,produced by asian west fine foods,will i be buying anymore you bet best i have tasted.next will be their cumberland.

Problem with them is that they have usually been in the freezer along time. Also here, in lower Issan, the local suppliers are cheaper, better and more reliable.

Problem with them is that they have usually been in the freezer along time. Also here, in lower Issan, the local suppliers are cheaper, better and more reliable.

not worried about being in the freezer too long,better than being on the shelf for months on end,just looking at tins of tuna and mackeral shelf life of 3yrs,biscuits 7-12months.always ready to support local but you need a change now and then,not sure the right price was on these sausages but at 205bht.a kilo and they were not short date,made dec13-2012.
  • Like 1