Uk Visit Visa Waiting Times?

Hi there,

Just wondering on what the current process times of UK Visit (short term) visas are?

Will be applying for the 4th visit visa so the decision should be an easy one for the embassy, so depending on when they check the application I would hope it should be a quick turnaround.

I checked the embassy website and it only had waiting times for October (thought they would have November's by now), and I'm not sure if it is just me or not but the processing times seems to be a little longer than the last visa application that was handed in. I appreciate it is probably the embassy's busiest time of the year too with visa applications.

If anyone has recently done one or has any information on current processing times that would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know the current processing times, maybe Visa Plus or Thai Visa Express may advise you, but the ECO will most certainly check the application.

You will know your wife's/girlfriends/partners circumstances but as each application is considered on its own merits, the ECO will still need to be satisfied that the proposed visit is genuine, affordable and that the applicant will leave the UK at the conclusion of the visit. As it's the fourth application the ECO will probably look at the frequency of the previous visits and will need to satisfy themselves that visit visas are not being used to circumnavigate the settlement visa route.

Due to the fact that there are several public holidays this month, then it is likely that processing times will slip a little. I would say between 10 -15 days. But, assuming that the applicant has visited UK in the last 5 years, then she can use the priority service, which should produce a decision within 3 working days. And only costs 3,000 THB !

You are probably already aware that the 3,000 Baht Priority Service that Visa Plus refers to is on top of the standard application fee.

I am aware of this. This visa will be an expensive one.. laugh.png

The application will be handed in tomorrow so travelling out can be done before Christmas.. All the last visas were issued within 4-5 days so I'm surprised to hear that it will probably take double that, so to be on the safe side we'll probably go with the priority service.

Thanks again for the replies.

Sorry to bump this, but can anyone confirm that UK authorities require foreigners travelling to the UK to have passports with 3 months validity from date of departure back to their origin of travel?

Found the figure of 3 months on a few websites, though not on the UK border agency or any gov sites.

I know that you require 6 months validity if travelling to Thailand, though I assume that my girlfriend won't have any issues with her passport expiring in less than 6 months since she is a Thai national (will double check with the embassy though).

Edited by Enjibenji

There is no requirement to have 3 months remaining on a passport when entering the UK, though, I believe, the passport must be valid for the length of the proposed trip.

Likewise there is no requirement for her to have six months remaining when entering Thailand, in theory she can return on an expired passport, though she might have a problem joining the aircraft.

Edit: If she wanted to your girlfriend could apply for a new passport, either before her visa application or once she has the visa, in which case she should travel with her old and new passport. New passports only take a few days in Thailand.