The Cold Weather Is Here?

dvg

It's not exactly cold yet...and for some of you, Chiang Mai never gets cold. But, on an early morning in the dead of winter most homes here are much colder than back home in North America. I suppose that would be true for homes in Europe and Russia, too.

In another few weeks, without heat inside the house (unlike back in the old country) our homes--with cement or tile floors especially--will certainly be chillier than those cozy homes of years gone by.

Folks in the mountains around here really have it bad. Anyone for a cold outdoor shower to wake you up in the morning?

I agree with MrBrad. Thai hotels are not heated or cooled, other than by the local weather. If it gets cool for a few days and nights then the whole building gets cold, and those little heaters in the shower stall is not enough to take the chill off. Fortunately, I'm a Canadian girl who has spent many months camping in the snow on mountaineering trips and I can take a little cold now and then. A damp facecloth is warmer than a cold shower.

Fortu

It's not exactly cold yet...and for some of you, Chiang Mai never gets cold. But, on an early morning in the dead of winter most homes here are much colder than back home in North America. I suppose that would be true for homes in Europe and Russia, too.

In another few weeks, without heat inside the house (unlike back in the old country) our homes--with cement or tile floors especially--will certainly be chillier than those cozy homes of years gone by.

Folks in the mountains around here really have it bad. Anyone for a cold outdoor shower to wake you up in the morning?

The building I live in is less than a year old and so the A/C is new. It has a heat setting as well...cool huh?

Just came back from the city (12 km to my home) and I really regret that I did not take a sweater or a jacket.

Not realy cold, but not comforteble.

I never thought I would say it but yes it actually felt cold this morning on the bike about 5am.

Normally I would never be out at that time but I had to take drop my nephew at an event

so we were on the bike by 5am & was I surprised smile.png

Also this is the first time I have ever cruised around Chiangmai at that hour. Very nice actually!

Almost no cars some folks exercising around the moat. A few wobbly folks making their way home

from the night before too laugh.png

Edited by mania

It is a nice time of day to watch the monks make their rounds while the last ladyboys try to hustle up a date before the sun comes up and gives them away.

True too because I stopped at the market at Chiang Mai Gate & the monks were there.

Also elsewhere saw some tall Ladyboys as you said but also quite a few girls still sitting outside the main venues on Changklan

It was funny at one of them three police officers in uniform sitting at a table with them smile.png

Edited by mania

It is a nice time of day to watch the monks make their rounds while the last ladyboys try to hustle up a date before the sun comes up and gives them away.

True too because I stopped at the market at Chiang Mai Gate & the monks were there.

Also elsewhere saw some tall Ladyboys as you said but also quite a few girls still sitting outside the main venues on Changklan

It was funny at one of them three police officers in uniform sitting at a table with them smile.png

ladies of the night make the best informants... wink.png

From what I've been told, the police in that area are all working for the same scam of milking unsuspecting tourists in the Kareoke bars. The poor suckers get taken there by crooked tuk tuk drivers and are then scammed out of 30,000 baht for items they didn't order. They are over charged by the mamma san and it's all backed up by the police.

From what I've been told, the police in that area are all working for the same scam of milking unsuspecting tourists in the Kareoke bars. The poor suckers get taken there by crooked tuk tuk drivers and are then scammed out of 30,000 baht for items they didn't order. They are over charged by the mamma san and it's all backed up by the police.

Actually, a couple of weeks ago I was going home in a tuk tuk at about 4am, alone and very much the worse for wear. All of a sudden I am awakened from my dozing and realize the tuk tuk guy's stopped in front of one of these karaoke joints - it may well have been on Chang Klan Rd - and all these women come out into the road and start trying to persuade me to get out and enter their establishment. A couple of them even tried to physically pull me out of the tuk tuk at one point. I managed to mumble words to the effect that it was very late and I was too drunk and not up for it and the guy started the tuk tuk and we were off again.

I thought it an odd thing to happen.

Anyway, it wasn't very cold yet at that time, as I remember.

we have nicely slid from cold weather into ladyboys, scams, crooked tuk tuk drivers and karaoke bars..............Thats more like it thumbsup.gif Get in there Rene123

• Like 2

we have nicely slid from cold weather into ladyboys, scams, crooked tuk tuk drivers and karaoke bars..............Thats more like it thumbsup.gif Get in there Rene123

Yes, I think what Rene123 was doing there was getting into a 'chat'. I believe that 'chatting' is frowned upon in TV. The topic must be stuck to.

At the moment the weather is still significantly cooler than other corresponding days at this time. At least where I am it is, as far as my senses can tell.

biggrin.pnglaugh.pngthumbsup.gif

Sorry for that. I was just commenting on something that caught my attention.

This Canadian gal is enjoing the cooler weather. I don't feel like taking a shower every 20 minutes or so.

• 1 month later...