Which Books You Read...over?

Bull

Books take more effort and time than movies, so I do not expect this topic to be as popular as its fellow one on movies. Also spacing out in front of a book is much less fun...

Are there any books (those things with many letters in them for those not acquainted) you read more than once, periodically, or even over and over???

For me it is...

Julian - Gore Vidal

Misteries of Pittsburg - Michael Chabon

Glue - Irvine Welsh

Generation X - Douglas Coupland

or anything by Albert Camus

:o

Bull

I read this small book the bank gave me when I opend the bank account over and over and the content get more scary every time I read it.

I think it is a drama -- no happy end...

Books take more effort and time than movies, so I do not expect this topic to be as popular as its fellow one on movies. Also spacing out in front of a book is much less fun...

Are there any books (those things with many letters in them for those not acquainted) you read more than once, periodically, or even over and over???

For me it is...

Julian - Gore Vidal

Glue - Irvine Welsh

Bull

I would read more, but I am very very picky on what I read. And what I would read, I can not read in English (too difficult (the books I can read, I don't want to read)) and they are not available in German (my motherlanguage).

That's very good h90 tee hee :D Hope it's not so scary it keeps you awake nights.

Stephen Leather, great books again and again :o

A book I am waiting on is 'Night' by Eric Wiesel. I have read similar accounts over and over again.

Good book and a quick read.

I have read Lord of the Flies and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at least 20 times each over a period of almost 45 years; Read the Stranger, the Great Gatsby, From Here to Eternity, Dune, the Foundation Trilogy and all the early Vonnegut novels countless times as well. :o

For me it is...

Julian - Gore Vidal

Glue - Irvine Welsh

Bull

I like authors that continue particular characters or have continuing sagas like:

W.E.B. GRIFFIN

CLIVE CUSSLER

DALE BROWN

TOM CLANCY

ARTHUR C. CLARKE (When you can separate him from his little boyfriends in Sri Lanka.)

NELSON DEMILLE

WILBUR SMITH

PETER F. HAMILTON

ROBERT B. PARKER

And loads more!

I don't know why but I very very rarely read a book more than once. Same goes with Movies. However good they are, once they're read they're history. I also have problems with most modern novels - I guess its an age thing. Having said that, I have read the following books twice:

LORD OF THE RINGS

WAR AND PEACE

ANNA KARENINA (Arguably the finest novel ever written)

I might add there was a considerable time gap between readings. In addition I will read CRIME AND PUNISHMENT again one day. What a book!

I love 19th century authors - my favourite is Thomas Hardy, and could read his books again if there was nothing better to read.

I'm not knocking the modern popular stuff - Wibur Smith, Jeffrey Archer, John Grisham etc etc - have read and enjoyed them, but as time clicks on, I find the old stuff more rewarding. Just an old codger I guess..... :o