Bus Direct To Jomtien - Where From?

Andyfez

As a regular visitor to Jomtien I see many buses marked 'Jontien / Bangkok'. It would be nice to travel directly to Jomtien instead of travelling to Pattaya North, then paying more than the Bangkok/Pattaya bus fare just to get across town to Jomtien.

I've asked at Morchit and Ekamai, but noone seems to know about these buses. Where do the go from? And are they fast or slow?

I think you will find that the busses that go to Jomtien have an orange stripe along the side and are not express busses , I caught one from Ekamai once by mistake and it took 5 hours !,,,,,,,,,,, final stop was Jomtien.

If you are in BKK catch the train to the airport then catch the Pattaya bus 1st floor gate 8 which goes every hour to the bus station in Jomtien (Th.Tappraya) or catch the Bell Bus, http://www.belltravelservice.com same desk as above which includes mini bus tranfer to your hotel or condo, including Jomtien

From Suwannaphum Airport, there is a bus which leaves from the ground floor of the terminal ( between Doors 7 and 8) which goes to Jomtien. Outbound to Jomtien the running time is 2 hrs., returning to Suwannaphum, 90 minutes. It takes longer going to Jomtien because it stops to discharge passengers at North, Central, and South Pattaya, as well as other points upon prior request. Fare is 134 baht one-way. Buses run hourly from approx. 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., but check for sure if you are planning to use the first or last bus - I am going from memory. Note: The 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. departures from Suwannaphum go only as far as Nakleua.