Anybody Connect To Gocomics.com?

Acharn

I used to use a site called gocomics.com to read several daily cartoon strips. Andy Capp, Pearls Before Swine, Monty... About three or four months ago I was suddenly unable to connect to the site. Whenever I try to go to the site, whether from the link in my own bookmarks, or from a link on another web site, or by typing in the address, I get redirected to an OpenDNS search page. This page is full of links to gocomics.com, and every one of them just leads back to the same page. There are blogs out there devoted to comics, but I haven't seen any remarks about this on any of them. There is a web site that is supposed to check whether web sites are down for everyone or just the inquirer, and that shows gocomics.com is NOT down, but I'm thinking that when their robot gets redirected to the Google search page it thinks that's gocomics,com, it doesn't check out the URL. Does anybody here use this site? Can you access it? Do me a favor. Type in gocomics.com in your address bar and see if it takes you to a page that asks you to log in or register, then let me know what your result was. This is a minor annoyance, but it is an annoyance.

Opens just fine with ToT

Hmmm. That helped. I had forgotten I had an entry in my /etc/hosts file because I was tired of the site taking so long to load. Firefox shows "Looking up ..." in the status bar and it seems to have something to do with the DNS server. Anyway, I commented out the /etc/hosts entry and it's working again. That's what comes from making changes to the system late at night. It seems to have worked that day, but they have DHCP so their IP address changed and I forgot about it.

Thanks for your help, folks.