Poster Child Modeling Jobs For Babies

I was showing my newborn to my aunt on skype and she made a comment about how he looks like a poster child.

We already said he looked like a black Mamy Poko. But then I started to think maybe my aunt was onto something. How does one break into the modeling industry, either an extras or main focus of commercials, underwear, product labels, etc in Thailand? What kind of money do they make and is it more freelance or do they do exclusive deals with agency or direct with company? I'm kind of new at this aspect of actually participating in it. I did a marketing tour in the US a while back where agencies were used to hire model staff to take orders or stand by stations. The pay wasn't terrible, but you sometimes had to wait up to 3 months to get paidwhistling.gif. So any related suggestions for this type of 'career' appreciated.

Baby is 3.5 months old, 9 kg. People regularly comment that he already looks like he is 6-9 months old body size, but is cute and he constantly smiles. Can ready a photo if needed, although I would prefer to keep it private.

• Like 1

Got two little girls, can't go to town without people taking photo's. Robinson center in Ubon wanted them to modal kids clothes, Asked how much do you pay, not the Thai way, your kids are cute and you won't have to pay us. Hotel we say in in Ubon wanted to use them for advertising the hotel, wouldn't even cop for free rooms.

Unless you make it to the big ad people there's no money. Thais pay to get their kids up on stage and I don't want them to be anything, but kids, not up and coming modals etc. jim

I would of got paid as an extra in the background of a shampoo commercial about ten years ago, 800bht for a long day, but I left before the end. Any big campaigns would pay but Bangkok is the place to be and I think it's the way an agency would call for castings , so pot luck you get a job with potentially lots of wasted loooong days sitting with many kids all around and trying to keep yours under control and entertained etc

Not really worth the bother in my opinion

Interesting replys....i guess in a land where being cute is nothing too extraordinary, I suppose there wouldn't be any big money in it. I suppose a lot of locals would wait around all day for 800 baht. We'll continue asking around. I did think with modeling they are looking for the 'right' fit for their brand.

The 800bht was for a 20year old farang in the background amongst maybe 50 others.

I reckon for a staring role in a pampers add or similar must be quite a bit of money- 40k maybe. Must be real lucky. I guess many adds like that with baby's, since they do not talk can be made anywhere one time and shown in multiple countries.

Modern Mom magazine had a road show going on at the Udon Thani mall several months back.

You had to register your child and then wait with this blaring music and an idiot on stage shouting through a mic for several hours to get a picture of your child to MAYBE send onto head office in Bangkok for apprasal.

The place was packed with hopefull parents and screaming babies.

We were walking by with our little guy and a photographer came and talked with us, he really wanted a picture of our son to send on, but said we had to wait untill 7:00pm that night, it was then 3 in the afternoon.

To hell with putting my son through that.

At 7:00PM that night he was getting ready for bed as usual, he seemed happy with that.

Ken

• Like 2

If you sing up with decent agencies in Bangkok, they'll take photos, at their expense, to show to prospective clients who are looking for someone in that age/gender area.

A client might select a bunch of photos they like the looks of. They'll tell the agency when and where they want the person for an interview/audition. If selected, they'll tell the agent when and where to go for the job.

Some delay in getting payed. The agent pays you after they get the money from the client. They let you know up front what you'll get. The money isn't as good as you might think it should be until you get well known in those circles.

If you're in Bangkok, it's not so bad. If living in the provinces, you'll probably want to be pretty selective about what jobs you audition for.

Make sure your child wants to do this. It's fun at first, but can get old rather quickly.

This is one place where networking pays off.

Terry