Proxy For Tv

Vinny1967

Hi Vinny, can recommend, Unblock us, google it , they have

7 day trial ,the 5 dollars Canadian pm, its not VNP so does

not slow you down, works on all UK iplayers, USA sites,

not sure if you can use in on TV but?

regards Worgeordie

AFAIK Unblock.us doesn't work if your ISP is True.

It does provided you don't have a Dynamic IP.

I used to have 16Mbps DSL from True and had to keep re-booting my router so I could get an IP beginning with a certain number (can't remember what it was now) so I didn't bother subscribing to the Unblock.us service in the end. True tried to sell me a service with a static IP and 1 Mbps for 8,000THB. Naturally, I told them where to go.

Once I changed to their 50Mbps DOCSIS service, my IP became pretty much static - it hasn't changed since I changed over 6 months ago.

Unblock.us works perfectly now.

Digitalbanana posted above that Unblock-us does not work with

True IPS, do you use true?

Did you install Unblock-us automatically or set it up yourself?

I have been using Unblock-us for 2 years now on several

computers without a problem

The icon is a little ball in bottom right hand corner ,if its working it will be green,

if not right click it and click Configure, you will get a pop up on screen with your

email address, that you used at Unblock-us, just click that all should be ok, BUT

not if you are with TRUE or if you did not install it correctly.

regards Worgeordie PS or you could go to site and tell them about your problem,

they are quick to help and respond

Digitalbanana posted above that Unblock-us does not work with

True IPS, do you use true?

Did you install Unblock-us automatically or set it up yourself?

I have been using Unblock-us for 2 years now on several

computers without a problem

The icon is a little ball in bottom right hand corner ,if its working it will be green,

if not right click it and click Configure, you will get a pop up on screen with your

email address, that you used at Unblock-us, just click that all should be ok, BUT

not if you are with TRUE or if you did not install it correctly.

regards Worgeordie PS or you could go to site and tell them about your problem,

they are quick to help and respond

I'm using True and I installed it automatically.I checked my settings and according to their website they are correct although it says on the top right hand corner of the site that my computer is not set up with their DNS service.

What DNS numbers are you using worgeordie ?

Edited by Vinny1967

Hi Vinny, can recommend, Unblock us, google it , they have

7 day trial ,the 5 dollars Canadian pm, its not VNP so does

not slow you down, works on all UK iplayers, USA sites,

not sure if you can use in on TV but?

regards Worgeordie

Be careful..... I tried url unblock.us and Microsoft Security Essentials detected a severe trojan.....DO NOT TRY UNBLOCK.US !

sanuk

Get any VPN (Overplay is the best I have seen here on all ISP's in Bangkok https://www.overplay.net/ ) and install it on your ADSL modem router then the following work without needing to be set up each time on your;

1. TV

2. Tablets / pads

3. Computers - desktop / notebooks etc

4. smart phones

5. media tanks

like that attached image shows

post-24189-0-05616600-1355327572_thumb.j

Edited by jsat

Get any VPN (Overplay is the best I have seen here on all ISP's in Bangkok https://www.overplay.net/ ) and install it on your ADSL modem router then the following work without needing to be set up each time on your;

1. TV

2. Tablets / pads

3. Computers - desktop / notebooks etc

4. smart phones

5. media tanks

like that attached image shows

I'm trying that service now but it's my router that is the problem.I can't seem to be able to change the ipv4 dns server in the router.Every machine is configured with the dns server numbers that they gave me but the default dns server from True is the one that connects.I've got a Cisco EPC2425 if that helps any.

I'm trying that service now but it's my router that is the problem.

Their knowledge base has a few tips on how to do it like this for example;

https://support.over...nstall-on-ddwrt

Also there is a FAQ and live HELP to ask them direct how to do it ..

Thanks for the reply jsat.It looks like True have locked this modem down good.I've been trying all morning to telnet into the router but it doesn't accept my own username and password.I've tried every combination and searched the internet but it's not getting me anywhere.I'm at the stage where I think flashing another firmware onto the router might be a better option.It's that or buy another router.

Edit: Scrap that idea about flashing other firmware.Can't find Cisco firmware anywhere and DD-WRT not supported.

Edited by Vinny1967

Thanks for the reply jsat.It looks like True have locked this modem down good.I've been trying all morning to telnet into the router but it doesn't accept my own username and password.I've tried every combination and searched the internet but it's not getting me anywhere.I'm at the stage where I think flashing another firmware onto the router might be a better option.It's that or buy another router.

The Cisco router that came with my True DOCSIS setup shipped with blank username/password, ISTR. Did you try leaving both fields blank?

The Cisco router that came with my True DOCSIS setup shipped with blank username/password, ISTR. Did you try leaving both fields blank?

Yeah I tried that.Like I said,I tried all possible combinations including leaving everything blank but it just won't work.Even trying to access the advanced tab has a different password which I haven't cracked yet either.I can't understand why it doesn't accept my own password in telnet blink.png

• 1 month later...

There are two different ways a user can set up a service like Unblock-US... One is to change the two DNS value settings on your router, if the router allows it. The other is to change the same DNS settings on your individual device/PC, and every Windows PC will allow that.

The only thing you need to do to enable Unblock-US is to change your primary and alternate DNS settings to those provided by Unblock-US, instead of the default Windows setting to select your DNS values automatically.

So if you want to use Unblock-US just on one device, change the DNS values just on that device. If you want to use Unblock-US across your entire wifi network, then change the DNS values in your router, if your router firmware will allow it.

There have been some problems reported here for SOME True Online internet customers with compatibility using Unblock-US. If you look back into the pertinent threads here, I believe those problems tended to be for True Online customers who were being assigned a specific range of IP addresses... like those beginning 57.... or 59.... something like that.

I installed Unblock-US on a couple of different Windows 7 PCs here in BKK this week that are fed by a True Online 14 Mbps cable connection, and the setup and operation went fine. You do need to restart your device after changing the DNS values for the changes to take effect, and I believe you do need to register your Unblock-US account address, and perhaps log-into their web site the first time, in order to start running their service.

My True IP address, although dynamically assigned and not the more costly static IP variety, always seems to be in the 171... range. And that posed no problem for Unblock-US.

In terms of operation, it worked fine and gave good speed results with services such as Hulu and NFL Game Rewind. However, I couldn't get it to work at all with Amazon's Prime Instant Video Service, despite trying all my browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). [The Unblock-US website says it supports Amazon's Video on Demand service, which is their paid rental or purchasing program. But it doesn't seem to make any mention at all of Amazon's Prime Instant Video program, which is separate and different.]

The Unblock-US DNS servers appear to be located in the New York area. And the Internet connection speeds I got using it were faster than any of the VPN or Proxy services I've tried... And of course, that's because Unblock-US is not a VPN or a proxy service. Unblock-US only works for a certain specified list of websites...and doesn't do anything for other sites that aren't on its list.

Unblock-US also has recently added a new feature that allows Netflix subscribers, via the Unblock-US website, to change your Unblock-US profile so that your Netflix will show the video catalogs of any one of the various countries that Netflix now services. For example, you could choose to access their U.S. catalog, or their UK one, or Canada, etc etc...

I gave up my Netflix account, for the time being, a few months back to try Amazon Prime Instant Video instead. So I haven't been able to try that aspect of Unblock-US personally. But it seems to be getting positive comments and reviews from their users.

Be careful..... I tried url unblock.us and Microsoft Security Essentials detected a severe trojan.....DO NOT TRY UNBLOCK.US !

The address you list above is not the correct one for the service we're talking about here.

The correct address is unblock-us.com

Those little details make a big difference.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK