Nouvo Sx

Hedghog

Recently bought this model Nouvo,as my 5yr old,25,000kmh model is getting a bit tired,still got it as the dealer offered me a pittance in px.

Well happy after 2 weeks.

Smooth responsive 125cc great in town,a little bit extra acceleration with the 125fi and smaller wheels.

Open road very satisfied,cruises 85kmph no sweat top end 100/110 all thing favourable.

The ride is higher,the seat could be better,digital trip,doo and fuel cons is a nice touch,

The front lighting is the best,broad bright beam on dip,long bright on main,just the job for those dark nights,cars,bikes and dogs will see you coming.

What an improvement,this must now be no.1 in its class for scooter runabout a pleasure to ride.

I paid 54,000 with alloys tax and ins.

A great buy,for local travel,not sure on resale,most Thai prefer Honda,but I got 5 yrs and going from my last Nouvo so can't complain

Yes they look a good bike. Will get one when i replace my current Nouvo. Out of interest what was the p/x offer? Even if you gave it away after 5 years it only costs 30 baht a day.

I agree with you,that's why I kept it it is now a runabout for the missus and whoever wants to borrow it still in great shape,so was loathe to give to the Yamaha dealer that didn't really want it but could see some private profit in it 2.500 was the offer.

If you decide to change let me know what you think

Yamaha offered just 2.500 didn't really want it,but the manager would have took it for his own profit or use.

So I kept it other missus to run about on and whoever else wants to borrow it,a I also If the weather is crap.

Probably could of got 8000 for it if I touted it around,but couldn't be bothered.

Its never been a problem,that why I went Nouvo again.

Don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to go the same way.

• 2 months later...

would be interested in performance , compared to the Nouvo 135 cc .

i have rented , and was very impressed , i understand the 135 cc is no longer available new.sad.png

my next new runabout will either be a honda or Nouvo.

elliss, on 02 Mar 2013 - 00:52, said:

would be interested in performance , compared to the Nouvo 135 cc .

i have rented , and was very impressed , i understand the 135 cc is no longer available new.sad.png

my next new runabout will either be a honda or Nouvo.

There used to be a link to a review here that I did directly comparing the Nouvo SX 125 against my 135 c.c. Elegance. I rented the SX and then a friend of mine and I drove the two bikes to Rayong and back filling up both fuel tanks at the same pump before and after the test. I do not think there is a review like it anywhere. However, one of the moderators took exception to my posting a link to my own web site and removed the link. I was given the option of having it posted here without the link. I declined so you will have to use Google to find it. just use my user name here when you do your search.

Edited by jackcorbett

I'm very happy with my '10 Nouvo 135 as a daily runabout, also have done 500km day trips on it. Great bike overall, I had a new Honda wave 125i before that, nice black and gold, but it doesn't compare, the Nouvo is way better. The only little nitpick I have is the carbed version is a bit thirsty, but it's not really an issue. But my CBR150R performs way better and uses the same amount!

Guess Yamaha took the 125 Mio FI engine and stuck it in the old frame, why not, as long as it's not much more expensive.

I'm going to keep mine, 20K km and it's running great, no need to "upgrade" to a newer one!